Frugal living general

>Be me
>Be going to med school
>Dad is giving me $250/week for living expenses

Tips/tricks/good recipes that don't cost tons of money please.

$250/week is good enough to shop decently and cook at home but if you don't have time to cook I just recommend eating out. $250/week is enough I think. When I was in grad school my parents sent me $150/week for food and I usually spent about $50 on groceries for the week (2 pieces of fish, 1 piece steak, 2 chicken breasts, eggs, bread, vegetables) and the remaining $100 I spent on eating out/booze/bars, etc.

Spoiled fucking faggot. I'm 30 and with my paycheck I have $50/MONTH and eat mostly rice, beans, oats, occasionally some good bologna and I am perfectly happy with it because it is delicious. If you are getting $250/week you are a SPOILED BRAT and you should be shot.

>general

I support a family of 3 on less than $250 a week. I'm not poor, I just can't imagine how we would eat over $250 worth of food every week. Stop eating out 3 times a day, make your own meals, and spend $150 a week in booze and weed.

$1083/month or so for living expenses? So after rent, utilities, phone, internet and transportation, how much do you have left for food?

OP said 'living expenses,' not food. At least give him the opportunity to clarify for us before ripping him a new fuckhole and/or answering him rationally.

>Family

How does it feel to be getting cucked by your wife?

Well rent is paid for separately. But after bills and stuff I have about $190ish leftover for food.

Per week? Or month?

i feed myself on less than 100 canadian a week, what the fuck are you eating

Week

Is this a joke?? $250 a week?? Frugal?? My parents gave me $30 a month to live on in college. This has to be a joke

I stand by my original post. Stop eating out every meal. Buy a ham or turkey for a week worth of sandwich meat. Buy frozen veggies if you don't want to go to the store twice a week for fresh. Get a good rice cooker. You can easily make soup/beans in it as well as rice. Buy large chunks of meat and cut your own small roasts and steaks.

Damn dude why couldn't you just tell them to give you more money?

Should have asked for more money.

>Have $190 a week for food
>Worried

What the hell are you eating normally?

>Dad is giving me $250/week for living expenses
>Needs tips and tricks to save money

I bet you have a very punchable looking face (Backpfeifengesicht)

What kind of doctor op? I have this thing on my lower back, it's some kind of open wound. I have had it as long as I can remember, and it has this smelly brown discharge come out of it almost everyday. Advice?

Mostly halibut, beef tenderloin, venison, sockeye salmon and duck.

Actually I don't I'm not sure why you're being so rude..I prefer to dress normally and I have a regular looking face and I don't like to draw attention to myself. Not sure why you're being so mean.

Well I am not sure yet I'm just a student and I have not even started clinical rotations yet so I don't think I should be giving medical advice because it might be wrong and make things worse. Go to an actual doctor.

Serious question OP. What do your parents do? Obviously you are upper class what the fuck do your parents do and how much money do they have?

My dad is the CFO for like a medium sized corporation he co founded and my mom's a dentist. I dunno exactly how much money they have now (I don't ask) but last I knew a few years ago they had like 11 or 12 million dollars?

Op is meming us. This is obviously a joke. Anyone with that much money wouldn't even consider cooking for themselves. That probably have never even held a spatula in their life

Life isn't fucking fair life isn't FUCKING fair. My parents sent me $40/MONTH for food when I was in college. I studied philosophy and political science, got straight A's, and took on debts because my parents are fucking poor and work minimum wage and I can't even find a fucking job. Can you send me something please? Anything? I'm hungry.

I'm honestly not I looove to cook I actually cook about 90% of my meals. When I was 12-18 I learned a lot by cooking with my grandparents and mom so I have tons of go to recipes that I love.

It's bait you dumb nigger

Thats what you get for picking shit majors moron. Eat a dick

Hey fuck you political science and philosopy are two of the best majors and extremely interesting. The reason I can't find a job is because boomers ruined the economy.

>$13k a year on your kids
>""""""""upper class"""""""""
I grew up /firmly/ middle class. My parents spent well over that on me per year when I was in school. Well. Over.
Not to be a dick, but if you're curious what OP's parents do because you think $13k is some exorbitant amount to spend on your kid, I'm curious what your parents do for the exact same reason.

To be fair, I'll tell you what mine did: my father was a low-ranking diplomat. My mother was a housewife.

My dad is a security guard at a mall and my mom works at Walmart

because you're already a pretentious asshole. who the fuck cares if you're in med school? if you can't live on 250 a week even going out to eat, you're already a failure

lol someone's clearly jealous and angry.

So, are you happy with the current state of the 37th ranked health care system in the world? Do you think about that? Why every first world country and some third world countries rank ahead of us?

Of course not, yet you take the hippocratic, or should I say, hypocritic, oath upon graduation. Fuck off, pirate! Step it up, and stop feeding off of us like a leech sucking the lifeblood from our people and economy. Your time is coming, parasite.

>Actually I don't I'm not sure why you're being so rude.

Man, you need to read up on self awareness.....bad

I think it's incredibly baseless to attack someone who might be a little wealthier than you and saying they have a punchable face just because they like to eat certain types of meat or fish is incredibly vapid and only a stupid poorfag would sink to such depths. I am not even OP I am just amazed at how butthurt people on here get when they discover someone is wealthier than them.

Nigga, this is Veeky Forums; don't you know everyone here makes 150k/yr or more and prefers mcchickens for their artisan qualities?

>Implying I am American

Stupid fucking Americuck. I live in a first world country not your divided states of embarrassment. But even if I did live in the USA I would refuse treatment to people like you. You're exactly the scum that comes into the ER with your entitled attitude. You have nothing wrong with you you just want special treatment and free meals. Fuck off and die the world would be better without poor people :)

Instead of spending all your free time working so you can afford food, kill a Jew and his family and live off his estate for 6 months or so. Motza keeps a longtime.

Another frugal tip: If you're finding that you can't afford to keep paved roads and bridges, try banning refugees.

>$250/week
>Tips/tricks

>250 a week
>frugal

Fuck you, you suburbanite brat

Excuse me?

>finding that you can't afford to keep paved roads and bridges, try banning refugees.

Kek

Some of us only get 28 dollars a MONTH to eat food.

You just have no fucking idea. I walk miles every day to beg churches and christian centers for food, while coughing up my lungs because asthma.

Clueless.

>>>
> Anonymous 01/30/17(Mon)17:43:18 No.8524151▶
> (OP)
>i feed myself on less than 100 canadian a week, what the fuck are you eating
>falling for this bait

WEW LADS

Fuck off, buccaneer! You didn't identify what country you belong to which you sap the lifeblood from. By your very description of refusing service, it's certainly a privateer's venture. Get better pirate! You're an embarassment to the noble tradition of medicine. Stop copying the 37th ranked healthcare country in the world and serve your country's people.

You wouldn't treat me? I'd spit in your face and tell you to suck my dick, pimp. Get better. People are waking up.

No actually in my country we consistently rank in the top 10 for healthcare and everyone has access to it but most are not entitled fags like you

>Fag
>>/lgbt/

It's bait my dudes.

i feed my self well with less than that a month. not because i have too but because i dont need to spend a shit ton for what i like. youre doing it wrong