What 21st century books do you think will be called "classics" and considered some of the best ever written in a...

What 21st century books do you think will be called "classics" and considered some of the best ever written in a generation or so?

Many of the classics of yesteryear are called classics not because they are particularly better written than their contemporaries but because they speak for the time they are written.

Lolita is expertly written of course but it is remembered as a classic for being part of the sexual liberation of the 60s.

While those might be good books do they really depict the world and its concerns as it is now, are they necessarily going to be remembered?

>the street
>book thug
>life of Apu
>kike gunner

none of these

10/10 meme desu senpai
good spicyness

Hopefully not these four.

Solid critique, you are a scholar. Fag.

None of these, if God grants us mercy.
But 2666 is from what I've read is one of the seminal works of the century.
But I read more contemporary philosophy than fiction so my scope is limited.

But most were written better then their contemporaries. Don't tell me that classically trained scholars and authors are behind the people of today or even, even in terms of expertise of verbal language and prose.

>contemporary philosophy

Sam Harris and Barrack Obama?

>Many of the classics of yesteryear are called classics not because they are particularly better written than their contemporaries but because they speak for the time they are written.

No, you dolt. It's exactly the opposite.

Objectively speaking, people get better at pretty much every discipline over time.
We are better drivers, better boxers, better runners, better singers, better writers, better everything.

MacIntyre, Odenberg, Feser desu

I hope you prove yourself better at not producing any offspring than any of your ancestors.

So christian apologists and anti-science authors?

Only Feser wrote some apologetics and one 1 book.
What the heck is "anti science"?

murakami t.b.h.

>all these people shitting on McCarthy and saying not every single one of his novels will be remembered
smhtbh

>Many of the classics of yesteryear are called classics not because they are particularly better written than their contemporaries but because they speak for the time they are written.
>Lolita is expertly written of course but it is remembered as a classic for being part of the sexual liberation of the 60s.
Ouch, I've gotten much stupider from reading this. Thanks a lot, jerk! I gotto go take nootropics now.

The Glass Bead Game

Seibo There Below - Krasznahorkai
The Your Face Tomorrow trilogy - Javier Marias
Five Spice Street - Can Xue
Montano's Malady and Dublinesque - Enrique Vila-Matas
Alain Robbe-Grillet - Repetition

Forgot Aliss at the Fire - Jon Fosse

And:
Inland and Barley Patch - Gerald Murnane

Taipei by Tao Lin
Leaving Society by Tao Lin

The Kite Runner was terrible.