Considers himself a good cook

>considers himself a good cook
>doesn't have a set of cooking chopsticks

why aren't you using the most versatile kitchen tool ever invented?

Because tongs exist

>most versatile kitchen tool
>not the slap chop

I legit want a pair of steel chopsticks about 14-16 inches long like I see in those street food cooking videos.
I feel they'd be like tongs but with a finer and more intuitive movement.

>cooking chopsticks most versatile kitchen tool
>not the Crock Pot® Lunch Crock™

>steel chopsticks

Probably one of the worst things that Koreans have invented.

>Because tongs exist

This. Much more useful than cooking chopsticks.

Finer? Yes. Harder to control and with less gripping power? Also yes.

Anyone know where i can find a decent wok shovel? Everyone I bought breaks within a week

I bought some cheap one at an asian supermarket and it's been going strong for years. I can't imagine how you might break one.

I did the same, i bought one from an asian supermarket and another from a resturant supply store. Maybe I was unlucky with the two, but I also work in a resturant and they were used a lot.

Because just like regular chopsticks there are way better tools invented for handling food. Also frying with those things is fucking stupid, you could lose grip, drop the food in hot oil and burn yourself. Just use tongs and don't be a fucking weeaboo piece of shit and defend chopsticks just because you saw them in your anime cartoons

>you could lose grip, drop the food in hot oil and burn yourself

While I agree it's silly to use something just because you saw it in a cartoon (assuming that's even true here?), what you described could happen with any utensil.

I prefer tongs, but I have no problem deep frying with chopsticks. Never dropped anything. My roommate manages to drop food with tongs, so IMHO it's all a matter of care and skill, not the choice of utensil.

Because some Chinese siblings just moved to my house and now I feel like I would be trying to copy them
(I still eat my chips with chopsticks in the privacy of my room)

Tongs are literally the worst thing to use for any situation. Pinch food is bad.

asian store, get one made of bamboo you cunt

Yes goy, don't buy this one simple tool that can do everything all of these can. Buy our utensil set for $399.99

Great work schlomo we'll have our shekels yet!

Heh-heh, heh-heh.

come on, one steel flipper + one wooden flipper are as much as one of those fookin SM pincers.

Pinch food? It's not like it's battery powered, have a bit of self control.

I use both needle tongs and cooking chopsticks. So versatile and easy to use. Of course I have larger tong for turning big pieces of meat as well.

Tongs can be a bit annoying sometimes and don't have the same level of versatility as cooking chopsticks.

>versatility
All tools must be stretched to the limits of multitasking even when a better tool exists just like my shredder juicer blender coffeemaker griddle that shoots lasers at my smoke alarm when it goes off.

Because I'm not a subhuman gook.

What kind of pussy needs special chopsticks for cooking?

As a true to form asian I cook with free takeout chopsticks from like ten years ago.

Chopsticks have the advantage of being easier to clean, a little more precision then tongs, and more versatility (eating utensil, whisking eggs, etc).

Tongs are the better tool overall though. Chopsticks feel more like a jack-of-all-trades. Good for being a lazy fuck, slow for cooking larger quantities of food.

Any chopsticks that aren't bamboo are useless.

Surprisingly versatile tool too

What's so versatile about them? All I can assume is that you can use them both to stir a pot (but much less efficiently than a spoon could) and to pick up food, which you could do with tongs, only tongs are easier to use, have no learning curve, and have better grip.

If I wanted to use two sticks like a chimp in the woods, I'd become a super villain and make a devolver ray to fucking turn the human race backwards. Either that or move to one of them asian countries.

just glue the handle back on and it'll be fine

t. neo cortex