Is it possible to cook s steak all the way in oven and have it be rare but cooked like a good steak on stove...

Is it possible to cook s steak all the way in oven and have it be rare but cooked like a good steak on stove. I don't have pan. Trying to do something nice for wife today. I have chives to

Bump

You need to sear it off in the pan to get flavour and colour, otherwise it'll just look like grey ugly boiled meat

No, you won't get a good sear.

If your oven has a broiler setting that'd be your best bet.

Roasting a steak won't go well.

>I have chives to

not without effort and a very thick piece of meat

low temp in oven, take out and rest, jack up heat to as hot as you can get. use a cast iron or something to retain heat on the bottom. use a thermometer

And what kind of cheese can I use

kraft single

Sure. Two options:

1) Use the broiler. It works just like a grill.

2) Use the oven to pre-heat a heavy iron pan. Use that to get your sear, then finish.

Why would you want to add cheese to a steak?

I don't have a pan

Do you have something you could improvise with? A thick baking dish maybe? A shallow, heavy, casserole?

...could you maybe GO GET A FUCKING PAN? they're not expensive and pretty much a kitchen essential

so use the broiler option then

Do something nice and take her out somewhere. Do not subject your love ones to your first drafts.

You have a baking tray? Put the baking tray on the stovetop

How the hell are you married and don't own a pan?? Go to any goodwill, salvation army, or pawn shop and pick one up for a couple bucks if you're that broke.

No way someone with a family has no pan...
bake your "2d waifu" a cake, they look better on pictures

Op we obviously need to get to the bottom of this. Why don't you own a pan?

You could probably get away with cooking it in an oven and then searing it under the broiler.

You'd need a pretty thick steak for this I feel

We usually eat out

ok, sure. nobody expects everyone to have a fully-equipped kitchen, but a pan is so fucking basic it's impossible to conceive of someone not having one.

do you own a toothbrush? a cup or mug? that's how basic a pan is.

If you want to be nice to hear, don't serve her a fucking steak in a pan. Get yourself a grill and cook that meat like God intended you to.