Is this faggot worth it? or just another postmodernist wanker?

is this faggot worth it? or just another postmodernist wanker?

>or just another postmodernist wanker?

Just another Postmodernist wanker.

>is this faggot worth it?
No. If you're interested in "theory" I suppose it is fine to read him

madness is worth it imo

anti intellectuals

OP he is entry level 70s/80s french academia. good place to start

is this faggot worth it? or just another sophist wanker?

Daily reminder that Foucalut ADMITTED he was only in it for the bp:

>I wasn't always smart, I was actually very stupid in school ... [T]here was a boy who was very attractive who was even stupider than I was. And in order to ingratiate myself with this boy who was very beautiful, I began to do his homework for him—and that's how I became smart, I had to do all this work to just keep ahead of him a little bit, in order to help him. In a sense, all the rest of my life I've been trying to do intellectual things that would attract beautiful boys.

Yes. Retards here would find him incredibly useful in giving a rational voice to their problem with the dominance of identity politics and knowledge systems but instead they just think he's le whacky homo Frenchman

>tfw too inteligent to read foucault

In himself no. But reading him would help you understand much of what people inspired by him are doing right now.

/thread

classic foucault

>implying foucault would support sjws
i don't like this meme AT ALL

Thats the point of , /pol/ pseuds somehow got the idea into their heads he's the father of Anglo Left Liberalism

he's better when he talks about history
his philosophy is so so

funnily enough foucault described this "exclusion from discourse" way before it happened with him

>Foucault
A lot of things are social constructs including perceptions on sex as an act, paraphilias (which develop from these perceptions), as well as gender and race.
Really just an in-depth analysis of society, individuals, sex, and identity.

What is pomo wankery is what others did with this grounds, i.e. state that all these things are bad for arbitrary reasons (except for a few things which we like but can't agree upon) and should be removed and race and gender are just social constructs except when it applies to minorities which are often notoriously proud of their race, and trannies which are notorious for trying to fit into gender roles to the T. Nope, just do this for WHITE MALES, but they still have to open doors for us and pay the bill (but I'll still work an easy job given to me because im a woman, and save all my money despite money being evil).

You get the point.

He's completely full of shit if that's what you're asking. The archetypical "I'm not very smart but want to ape the superficial features of people I think are smart" postmodernist.

also, he had a interesting debate with chumsky
you could look it up, it's only a few minutes of reading

The Greeks did the same thing, all for the BP.

>too

>What is pomo wankery is what others did with this grounds

Stop spreading this meme. Modern Identity-Politics has zero ground in Foucault, in fact it was already well established at the time of his writing and his work was in response to it

also, a lot of these so-called SJWs tend to hate him for whatever reason

>whatever reason
He's a white male. Of course they hate him.

hes actually really interesting though a bit tedious imo. I read discipline and punish and his methods and findings are both really intriguing. There is no comment in this thread that has anything to do with his actual work.

That being said i can tell by your post OP that youll never read him, im just posting for other people who happen to read this thread.

Like many famous people who come to be identified with a particular label quite against their own will, it's my understanding that Foucault disliked the label/meaning of "postmodernism", and would not have liked to have been called a postmodernist, preferring instead to be called a post-structuralist or otherwise.

I say pomo wankery, not pomo. Wank comes after.

It seems to be a thing that some idiot reads and something completely misses the point and then goes screaming to everyone about how amazing it is.

>Wank comes after
Post-Wankery

>"""philosopher"""
>not smart enough to use a condom