I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these. I can't cook for shit but I'm good with gadgets. Thoughts?

I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these. I can't cook for shit but I'm good with gadgets. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

thesweethome.com/reviews/should-i-get-a-pressure-cooker-a-slow-cooker-or-a-rice-cooker/
thesweethome.com/reviews/best-pressure-cooker/
thesweethome.com/reviews/the-best-rice-cooker/
foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/baked-brown-rice-recipe.html
homedepot.com/p/Elite-6-Cup-Rice-Cooker-ERC-003/205464058?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|DigitalDecor|google|D29A Small Appliances|_pkw__pmt__product_205464058&mid=seSwdjcIm|dc_mtid_8903yuu57254_pcrid_51166493982_pkw__pmt__product_205464058_slid_&gclid=CMfQg5fE7dECFdgagQodXGgMRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's a thought: wtf is this thing

a rice cooker, dummy

It's a fucking xbox.

Get one. Xbox's make perfect rice every time.

You can't even make rice?

It's a multicooker specifically. Can cook all kinds of shit in it. It's a fast& slow pressure cooker of sorts. You can make soups, pasta dishes, meat and fish dishes, rice, puddings, oats and some baking.

>I can't cook for shit but I'm good with gadgets.

I can't tell time but I'm good with clocks.

I can't suck dick but I'm good with cocks.

I can't fuck kids but I'm good with children.

thesweethome.com/reviews/should-i-get-a-pressure-cooker-a-slow-cooker-or-a-rice-cooker/
thesweethome.com/reviews/best-pressure-cooker/
thesweethome.com/reviews/the-best-rice-cooker/
Read these OP. They do the best job of roundup reviews of small appliances like these.

If you're going for a multipurpose cooker, why not just get one of those instant pot things? From what I've read they make rice good enough and canot cook other foods way faster.

It's no joke. I know they as trendy AF right now but they are seriously cool and easy.

holy fucking shit, kill yourself if you cant make motherfucking rice.
1:2 ratio on most rice (1 cup rice:2 cups water)
start with cold water in pot, add rice, heat until boil, cover, turn to low, wait 5-10 min and turn off heat, wait until water is absorbed. fucking christ man

i have one of those i just got for christmas. i cooked a pot roast in there in 45 minutes. turned out fucking great. everything ive made in it has been excellent, would recommend.

I can't kiss a fat lady's ass but I fucked your mom last night.

Dude holy shit, kill yourself if you don't want to take the time to properly prepare a real pot roast.

>if you don't want to
>not doing exactly everything you do
i just wanted to use the cooker senpai, and im not some poorfag who cant afford to buy meat.
simmer down son

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/baked-brown-rice-recipe.html

Give this a shot before you spend any money on an appliance, this is fairly foolproof and easier than falling off a log

> yes I know Alton Brown is considered a doucherocket nowadays but Good Eats will always be GOAT

I was playin around man I don't care what you do. Everything's fine.

homedepot.com/p/Elite-6-Cup-Rice-Cooker-ERC-003/205464058?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|DigitalDecor|google|D29A Small Appliances|_pkw__pmt__product_205464058&mid=seSwdjcIm|dc_mtid_8903yuu57254_pcrid_51166493982_pkw__pmt__product_205464058_slid_&gclid=CMfQg5fE7dECFdgagQodXGgMRQ

OP here
>They think I want it just for cooking rice

beta

Kek. Look at the possible settings in the owners manual. A number of them can do a lot of things. Soup, stews, stock, steaming, etc. Check it out. You know given the digital circuitry and design it will last at most, 5 years. Are you happy about that? If not, research alternatives that last generations.

>You know given the digital circuitry and design it will last at most, 5 years.
I can't be bothered to read this thread but are you suggesting that a rice cooker will only last 5 years? My fuzzy logic zoji has been making rice daily for the last 10 and it's showing no signs of letting up. Are you going to start with some bullshit about "electron migration" now?