Is it possible to understand the preface to beyond good and evil and still respect analytic philosophy?

is it possible to understand the preface to beyond good and evil and still respect analytic philosophy?

no.

Nope.

Then why do so many people still do it? It can't be that they are all ignorant of a famous piece from the late 19th century.

>It can't be that they are all ignorant of a famous piece from the late 19th century.
And yet that appears to be the case.

It's not that they're ignorant though. They just don't understand it. Hence why they call Nietzsche an obscurantist.

Judging from the lack of self-described analytics who trumpet their discipline's faithfulness to metaphysics, epistemology, and ethics chiming in, I'm going to assume in this case that I'm totally justified in writing these chumps off, then. As far as I can tell they get absolutely BTFO'd by Nietzsche in these subjects.

Nietzsche wasn't responding to them and they weren't responding to Nietzsche.

Analytic here.

We don't respect protonazism, so we haven't read it. Nietzsche's ideology of the uberman is just the result of the German Romantic tradition he was born into. It isn't based in reason, and neither is his emptying out of moral categories. He's a degenerate. Nothing more, nothing less.

>"A woman may very well form a friendship with a man,but for this to endure, it must be assisted by a little physical antipathy."

He's literally saying that the male friends of women have to be ugly in order for the friendship to endure. Very wise, Friedrich, very wise.

>It isn't based on reason
>muh deegeneraycee

Now if you'll excuse me I have to send my ex wife her checks for her kids this month.

analytic philosophy's superhero Russel mocked Nietzsche for being antifeminist and implied he didn't know shit about women.

That is until his wife, who was already sleeping around with his approval, got pregnant by another man and literally made him a cuckold.

Analytic women are literally made for Big Continental Cock

Is fighting strawmen constructed from his shit-tier understanding of other philosophers and arguing ad personam all Russel is capable of?

that doesn't change the fact that he invalidated entire fields of inquiry (including stuff he himself was involved in) in a single chapter of one of his books

>I have no argument

BUT IZ SO R9K AHHAHAA WHAT A LOSER

This is like saying "is it possible to understand the preface to beyond good and evil and still respect science?"

no, there is a distinct difference between science and metaphysics/epistemology/ethics, and nietzsche says as much.

this thread confirms my suspicion that if all philosophy undergrads had to read (and understand) nietzsche, the tradition would cease to exist as we know it. they MUST rely on cheap shit about his misogyny and obstinate, illiterate readings of his work in order to retain any credibility.

face it, a german dude proved that what dennett et al. are doing is retarded... over a hundred years ago.

>hurr durr metaphysics dont real because nietzsche said so

holy fuck continentals are all reactionary children

You react with affects because you are not adapted to confronting realities that you dislike (in this instance, the reality that you are a low-status male). Your attempt to hide behind overly dramatic sarcasm is nothing but the improper reaction of the psyche to the unpleasant feelings caused by this realization. Your situation is pitiable, and I hope it gets better. -Jung

>he thinks this is a debate club

have you even read russell

I read his "critiques" of continentals

i haven't read russell by the way i just thought that i could start some shit

Nietzsche has no demonstrable connection with Nazis except those that the Nazis themselves manufactured. Though the fact that you think Nazism excludes certain people from "reasonable" philosophy, and therefore assume your conclusion in your premise, tells me you don't really know what philosophy is.

and analytic philosophy is worthless.

>worth

he's an analytic, what do you expect

literally unable to come up with any reason for analytics to exist.