Who /thief/ here?

Who /thief/ here?

Tfw stole for like 500$ of book

Whoops, meant to say "$5.00" for a book. Misplaced comma

I stole over 500€ worth of books. It's a struggle not to steal because I have so many books I have to finish first

>Tfw stole for like 500$ of book
there's no fucking comma in that phrase and I still have no idea what you're trying to say

I have stolen from dozens of university libraries, I've even stolen from public elementary schools when I was in college, but I never read the books. I was addicted to heroin and crack at the same time and had to keep my habit going. I still use from time to time and will make a run to uni libraries and stuff in my area but I've slowed down alot, especially with the stealing, or I have friends who steal videogames and movies from the US mail that sell them to me at discounted prices and I sell on Ebay.

stole Women and Men from my uni. thats about it

You are a disgrace to this board, litterature thief. Reedem yourself.

I got $1500 worth of books off of gen.lib.rus.ec for uni.

Also on a side note, is myanonamouse worth getting into? Is it close to as good as bibliotik? what's the deal?

Pic related is the only book I've ever stolen.

Is it even possible to be invited to those trackers without having 100GB+ of rare stuff to share and a 50Mbps internet?

myanonamouse seems pretty easy to get into, you just have to do an interview around their rules (which are much shorter than what.cd's and such). I have the latter of what you said anyways.

haha look in the top right hand corner of this post , I think it will give you quite the laugh

Is it your first dubs dear?

Not really. The site is a mess and the selection of text editions isn't even as big as public ebook sites. Might be worth if you're into audiobooks though, they have a ton of those.

is it really possible to use that site as a leap pad for Bibliotik tho?

Nah, it's easy as shit to get into and ratio is easy to build so nobody takes it seriously. Your best bet is to get into what through the interview and go from there. That's what I did. You're going to need access to an overdrive library for bibliotik though, so good luck with that if you're not a burger.

anyone who's worked at a bookstore: do you have pictures in the back of known shoplifters? does anyone even care?

Yeah, we keep the info on anyone who ever stole a book in thick folders under the checkout counter, right next to the shotgun.

The only book I ever stole was a biography of Julius Caesar, from my cokehead Gym/Civics (he taught both) high school teacher. He was a fucking prick, so I don't feel bad.

kys

tfw got invited to bibliotik by a lad and i didnt have to work at all for it

i stole sorrows of young werther when i was 17
it's a pretty fond memory but i lost the dang book

This sounds like a great plot: a drug addict, stealing books to fund his habit, accidentally becomes an intellectual powerhouse and redeems himself.

I hope to god you didn't steal physical books when you have libraries, resale shops, digital piracy, and dirt-cheap foreign versions to choose from. There's really no excuse for physical theft of books in this age-- it's pure faggotry for the sake of faggotry.

P.S. It's a shame I didn't transfer stuff from my old PC, I had a few .jpegs that were relevant to the topic....

Hopefully you stole a grammar book.

Once I was drunk and stole some samizdat collection of Pasternak from a russian bar. In a way it's probably priceless but it was wasted on that place anyway.

I wish I could steal the Cambridge Grammar by Huddleston & Pullum but it would be hard to conceal.

One that will teach you that you shouldn't use 'hopefully' that way?

Yes, how vacuous of me to use such horrible practice.

"One would hope that you stole a grammar book."

I give you thanks for catching that.

I let a homelessman live with me for a few months and he would steal books from the public library all the time, when I asked him why he stole he said he didn't have a library card. It takes like 2 minutes to get one. I still have these giant stacks of shitty fantasy and scifi in the closet. At least he didn't steal anything good.

>500$
>stole so much he doesn't even know how a proper price tag looks

he might need an address to get a library card

just drop them in the collection bin you faggot

How do you steal from uni library?

Mine has a thing where they slide the books on it when you check it out, because apparently it will beep when you walk through the door otherwise

faraday cage

>I let a homelessman live with me for a few months

wait, what?

It's shit. There are even less books than on lib.gen and the community is insufferable. They make you jump through hoops to get in and they pride themselves with their kindness and politeness. They sound like a cult sometimes.

Yes i did, Ulysse, Finnegans Wake, Moby Dick, Infinite Jest, The Trial etc etc it's so easy to steal in library

And not pocket version

Has anyone here tried stealing a copy of Shakespeare's first folio? My university got it for a month and it looked pretty glorious in the glass case.

You don't want to steal something like that unless you really know what you're doing.

It was a penance/good deed thing for me. He ended up doing all sorts of horrible things and I had to kick him out. I would regret my decision if it hadn't given me so many stories.

National Treasure 3 when?