So I'm getting into constellations and celestial navigation, do you think I could impress qt's with this...

So I'm getting into constellations and celestial navigation, do you think I could impress qt's with this? Do you have any advice?

Yes you can impress qt waifus by pointing out constellations on the sky while laying on the grass with her, at least that's what Hollywood says.

PS special relativity talk also works

Actually I want to impress one qt, because I know she's into all that Cosmos pop sci shit, I'm a southern hemisphere ape though so I celestial navigation is a bit harder

Why can't you be straight with him and say that he will be a virgin for life? Stop giving him false hope.

>females
>impressed by anything other than money
Yea good luck with that.

But I'm not a virgin. Anyway if you're not full blown austimo and aren't terminally ugly then stuff like this will make you seem interesting to some girls, I'm not talking about dumb bimbos of course

I don't get "constellations". What makes people group some stars together, and some not? To me, they form a patternless, noisy ocean. The brightnesses also don't particularly stand out. It's not even like the "shapes" even remotely resemble whatever name was given them.

Have you ever been taking a shit, and suddenly a pattern in the floor tile pops out at you as a face? Or anything similar?
Humans are pattern recognition machines.
In the days before modern technology, your options at night were
>sleep
>fuck
>look at the fire
>look at the stars
The stars were more or less fixed. Of course people invented patterns and stories for them.

I have had to use celestial navigation get find my way home, twice. I was really happy I knew how to do it.

I gave a female friend a planisphere which any self respecting scientist should know how to use) but she was not sufficiently impressed.

Why yes! Yes! Of course! You are right! When I have taken a shit I will look at my turd and see patterns, shapes and even faces!

One time I made a particularly hard turd. It was a bitch to squeegee it out. But when I looked at it I saw Martin Luther King. Another time I made a big fat greasy shit and I saw John F Kennedy!

I guarantee you as a guy who has studied the sky for 50 years, this knowledge is not a turn-on for ant QTπs.

That said, I would *highly* recommend an inexpensive book called "The Stars: A New Way to See Them" by H. A. Rey (of "Curious George" fame). His depictions are far more intuitive, though the body parts often don't align with the star's names from antiquity. But it makes it very easy to learn the sky.

Celestial navigation is pretty complex. You'll need a calculator that can find positions of planets, Sun, and Moon, or carry around books of tables with that info in it. I would hope that such apps are available for smart phones. But you will also need a sextant. And here 's the thing: if you have a smart phone, it doesn't necessarily look smart to defer from using its built-in locator instead.

P.S. There *is* one case where you might impress with such knowledge: when you're trying to date a single mother, and you can reach her kid by explaining the universe. Then you're impressing her with your ability to connect to her child, not the stars.

God damn, all I wanted to do was teach some qt how to find the southern celestial pole and maybe show her how to follow it to get somewhere

that kind of information is way too specific for most people, let alone girls, to begin to care. You have to start small, have simple conversations until you establish a rapport and a common ground. When you see that a chick is really into you, she'll listen to practically any kind of elaborate bullshit you feel like explaining to her, so long as you do it with apparent passion. It's more about you being interested in something and her being interested in it because she's interested in you. You have to build that link first or you'll just seem nerdy or autistic.

Then again if you can find a girl who shares this passion then you can probably get right into it without establishing a relationship first.

Yeah I already know her but it's gotten a bit awkward because I'm an idiot

>all I wanted to do was teach some qt how to find the southern celestial pole
Perhaps. But if you're OP, that's not what you posted.

One must first acquire a qt.

So, theoretically you could.

>qts
>impressed by anything other than social aptitude and social status
sensiblechuckle.gif

Best thing to do is get a 10+ inch telescope and show her saturn, jupiter, and mars

literally the 3 coolest things you can see

8 inch ones work too but you can't make out the colors of saturn and barely can see jupiters moons

Looking at Jupiter through some binoculars and seeing the Galilean moons for the first time was a pretty great thing desu, would memory wipe and do it again

If you're only "into" it to pick up girls then you're not really into it.

Kill yourself.

>this stupid fuck never watched clouds go by and found turtles and planes and giraffes.

I'll rather show her my 8 inch dick, it's literally the coolest thing she'll ever see.

>Anyway if you're not full blown austimo and aren't terminally ugly then stuff like this will make you seem interesting to some girls
Let us not forget autistic girls. A niche market, alright but nevertheless /our/ niche.

I also gave two planispheres to my nieces, one of them is interested in tech.

>Celestial navigation is pretty complex.
Simply locating Stella Polaris is easy and is useful. That is how I got home, twice.

>Simply locating Stella Polaris is easy and is useful. That is how I got home, twice.
Yes, but that's not "celestial navigation". That's finding north by knowing how to find Polaris. Very, very elementary.

>Yes, but...
stfu