What is Veeky Forums's opinion on James Watsons remarks on race?

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on James Watsons remarks on race?
I know this topic might attract /pol/ types but please don't let this turn into a racist discussion.
Is there evidence of anything he claimed?
I don't know much about biology since I'm a computer "scientist".

If a /pol/tard does show up please just ignore them.

Other urls found in this thread:

ibc7.org/article/journal_v.php?sid=312
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Watson wasn't even that great of a Biologist.

>If a /pol/tard does show up please just ignore them.
oops, i replied, even after you warned me not to

It is generally accepted that there are racial differences.

However arguing about them or discussing them is completely pointless if you want to fit in with normal society.

Not true; for example, Bill Gates would like to dump more of his vast charity resources onto """""transhumanist""""" efforts but his wife bothers him to help starving children in Africa instead.

Anyway, I think there are racial differences, or at least enough to discern trends. Does that mean ALL of X are Y? Of course not. You don't get a nobel prize without knowing what an outlier is. It does mean that if you're having to deal with huge groups of people, though, that you can somewhat reliably make decisions based on those trends.

>Not true; for example, Bill Gates would like to dump more of his vast charity resources onto """""transhumanist""""" efforts but his wife bothers him to help starving children in Africa instead.

I don't think that's a race thing....

It's an expression of his white privilege. Not only does he ignorantly assume that non-whites have had the same opportunities but he also assumes that intelligence and other tests which were designed by whites would be unbiased in their results. He should have had his Nobel prize taken away and his name scrubbed from history and text books.

He's not helping Poland into space; he's helping a doomed continent and money pit whose continued feeding is only perpetuated by the idea that -- see OP -- “all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours – whereas all the testing says not really”

Africa has had its resources and peoples both figuratively and literally raped by whites for centuries. Everything in white nations is built on the backs and graves of slaves. Even the government corruption in Africa today is the product of interference from colonial powers.

how come if Africa is full of dummies, that it was shit even when it was ruled by Europeans?
Africa isnt a money sink, for a reason the chinks are getting there.
Africa is in its position thanks to western colonialism

This

Evidence shows that blacks are faster runners than whites and Asians perform better in tests like PISA than whites. Evidence shows that Eastern Asia caught up to west really fast after they started to westernize. Evidence shows that blacks are the victims of racism in every single country they go to, African countries never were able to westernize and blacks have smaller brains than whites. It doesn't take a very intelligent person to deduce that blacks are intellectually inferior to whites. Asians might be superior. Seriously, it's very easy to see. All that's stopping you are your emotions. At least most physicists I work with would agree that's the case, but very few of them would actually say so. I'd wager that almost all smart people know there are very significant differences between the races, but most smart people are also smart enough to keep their mouths shut.

>It doesn't take a very intelligent person to deduce that blacks are intellectually inferior to whites

The only identifiable group of intellectually inferior individuals is racists.

It's a bit silly to say that the West is rich "due" to colonialism, or "due" to slavery.

Europe was wealthy and well-developed before it colonized the world. In fact, it could only colonize the world *because* it was wealthy and well-developed. Colonization and Western slavery was a game played by the powerful to become more powerful, but the West would have been fine regardless. It certainly benefits individuals and companies, but can arguably be said to have hindered the development of more sustainable and efficient means of production and modes of industry and economy.

There are no consolation prizes in history, and Africans don't get theirs in the form of having "the honor of having a great civilization built on their backs".

Found the two libcuck faggots.

Go to /pol/ and educate yourselves. No I'm not being ironic, but go on and keep "feeling the bern". I bet you are upper class whites who treat blacks like house pets

OOO GOOD BOY YOU'RE GOING TO COLLEGE YES YOU ARE. OOOO SUCH A GOOD BOY.

Wow, just wow. You literally stole entire generations and entire caches of resources from Africa and somehow claim you don't owe them anything. The only reason Europe and later America were so able to commit this dreadful crime against Africa is because they were willing to. They invaded a continent of almost entirely peaceful, honorable individuals who had never encountered the unbelievable greed of whites.

>Wow, just wow
>"ARE YOU KIDDING ME???"

I never said colonialism or slavery wasn't horrible for the people colonized. But, again, the West did well before Imperialism, it does well after Imperialism, and it would have done well without Imperialism.

The colonizers are long dead now, collective or generational guilt is an absurdity, and there are no debts to be owed - neither of guilt nor of gratitude.

>They invaded a continent of almost entirely peaceful, honorable individuals who had never encountered the unbelievable greed of whites.
you have to be more subtle next time

Let me put it another way, if my grandfather stole your grandfather's Klan hood, you'd feel entitled to have it back.

>Everything in white nations is built on the backs and graves of slaves

t. ignorant of actual history

this is the most retarded and ahistorical statement that I have ever heard

The IQ ga betwen negroes and europeans is an empirical fact.

The mean IQ of subsaharan african countries is in the 80s and 70s from country to country, while in europe the mean IQ of each country ranges from 100 for western european countries down to the low 90s for a few poor balkan countries like moldova.

If you control for education systems between countries, and so only look at subsaharan african diaspora in first world countries, the gp closes a bit.
The mean Iq of negroes in America is 80-85 rather than in the 70s.

however when you try to control for any remaining biases , such as average difference in childhood nutrition or average differences in childhood income, by carrying out a transracial adoption study like the minnesota transracial adoption study, where orphans adopted as babies by affluent, white , minnesota couples were studied longitudinally, you find that the gap in mean iq does not decrease (although both white and black orphans benefitted relative to the mean of their general demographic).

having controlled for all likely, plausible, non-tenuous factors and still being left with a huge difference in average IQ of about 15 points (a standard deviation in the general population), that is evidence that suggests the reason behind this inferiority on average is due to genes.

as further evidence supporting this , there is this study

>Two single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) whose associations with intelligence seem to be robust because they have been replicated in several independent studies were chosen as representative of intelligence increasing alleles.
>East Asian populations (Japanese, Chinese) have the highest average frequency of beneficial alleles (39%), followed by Europeans (35.5%) and sub-Saharan Africans (16.4%)

ibc7.org/article/journal_v.php?sid=312

I think they're more likely to be trolling to try and rile up racists

>Africa has had its resources and peoples both figuratively and literally raped by whites for centuries

Serb here. The Ottomans did the same to us. You don't see us living in huts

>The colonizers are long dead now, collective or generational guilt is an absurdity, and there are no debts to be owed - neither of guilt nor of gratitude.
I agree, I'm not for stupid race guilt
but the west is even today fucking Africa, by imposing retarded free market measures thru the IMF, also western corporations support warlords instead of governments to avoid paying taxes and proper wages.

Serbia is a shithole tho.

African American blacks are not malnourished or have lead poisoning, they have every opportunity as whites and yet they are dumb apes.
Explain this fact to me.

yeah, American blacks live in the same conditions as whites.
>being this delusional

You do know that virtue signalling on an anonymous board doesn't get you into the pants of that liberal arts major in your cafeteria.

Explain this to me faggot: Ever since Africans came to my country, Germany, drug related crime, rapes, theft rose significantly.
Back when the Yugoslavs came to Germany during war there was no rise in crime rates.

I'm waiting my liberal friend.

I'm waiting for you to cite a source on that l

Our interior minister is the source.

also this

I'm no liberal, Piefke
and I don't know. probably your people alienated them because of their skin colour?

>alienated them because of their skin colour?

By cheering on them on trains stations? By having more volunteers in Freiburg than actual refugees? By constantly under reporting their crime rates for their sake?

Shut the fuck up, we treat them like people.

You didn't prove much with this unless you're implying North Africans fall in the same category as black people.

here have the full thing plus source

you don't sound very cheery about die Schwarze
so what, people coming from war torn countries in a completely different culture behave problematically. what did you expect? black Germans?

Are you baiting me? Yugoslavs came from a war torn country as well and behaved perfectly fine.

hmm... so north africans are low iq subhumans as well? That's new

and? they lived in a western country with a strong state and authority, which was destroyed by nationalism

Go fuck yourself :)

OK bro, see you at the next pegida demonstration

the moore study doesn't contradict the minnesota study.
the minnesota study shows that both black adoptees and white adoptes benefit from being brought up by affluent white couples. however the gap remained steady.

>tizard et al
was an informal , observational study on 'language development' in 2-5 year olds. Weak evidence for IQ in comparison to actually giving IQ tests at ages 7 and 17. It's perfectly possible for blacks to have higher language skills than you would expect in comparison to their ability to logically deduce things.and solve problems.

>eyferth
extremely biased sample. The fathers were all GIs and so had been unintentionally pre-selected through the US army recruitment and recruitment to be of similar intelligence. It's like how if you looked at the IQs of black toilet clearners and the IQs of white toilet cleaners you'd probably find the mean IQs of the two groups were much more similar than hte mean IQs of the population in general.

finally GCSE 5 A*- rate not only is an arbitrary summary of the distribution of GCSE marks overall which could easily shift significantly if you decided you were interested in 5 A*-B grades or 6 A*-C grades , so that boudary could very easily have been data-snooped to find evidence in support. not only tat, but GCSE achievement is a weak correlate of IQ anyway, of course having much to do with culture and household income. very possible that sections of white lower classes in UK have worse culture for academic learning than black lower classes. It's no replacement for IQ tests

>I know this topic might attract /pol/ types
Well that is why you posted it

impressive, very nice

You already are a /pol/tard for recognizing the differences between races. Real Veeky Forumsentists know that there are no races and we're all the same.

I guess I'm late to the thread but I had a thought I wanted to bounce off of you guys. I saw a TED talk where this dude was talking about how the average IQ in the US has increased substantially in the last 50 years, and he spent most of the time talking about newer generations being more accustomed to hypothetical and abstract thinking in everyday life, whereas older generations have trouble conceptualizing things from different perspectives.
If it really is true that blacks on average have a lower IQ than whites - in the US for example - then I won't deny the evidence, but blacks in the US have a much larger percentage of their population living in poverty than whites. I'd be willing to bet that if you tested IQ among black and white teenagers of parents in a certain annual income range the result would be much closer.

>history started with america.png

yeah since africa didn't have all this time to develop prior to islamic then european colonialism in order to defend themselves from it.

>Serbia
but you do?...

only recently since there was a war a little over a decade ago but it's recovering.

They kinda are.
Europe was a shithole, especially the countries that are powerful now, until the age of colonialism.

> 2016
> not painting yourself blue and shaking your genitalia at the nearest roman fort

Can you please elaborate?

People scared by the mind control to even discuss this. There are clearly differences and many people make handsome living recognizing those differences.

Next time I see an NBA team with a Mexican center, a chinese PF, a canadian SF, a muslim SG, and Mongolian PG I'll reevaluate my opinion.

Especially IQ tests are designed to wipe out any bias in terms of education. To verify you can check out IQ statistics of rural areas in China with similar kinds of education. While also not being white, they tend to have above average IQ.

Watson and Crick's work in identifying the structure of DNA was considered to be a rather derivative conclusion when compared to the exposure they received from the work, even in their time. It could at least be said that Crick was a decent scientist on the side and accomplished a decent deal as a researcher after the Nobel Prize studies. Watson was by all accounts a pedestrian scientist at best, and not a particularly skilled one at that. It was mostly fortunate circumstance that Watson happened to be in the right place at the right time to be working with Crick, whom the latter admitted the former's role was often overstated. Watson has basically spent the last 60 or so years after that time essentially jumping between administrative jobs.

Both of the aforementioned individuals have brought up rather inflammatory remarks regarding race and class in their times. Usually their assertions boil down to a complete exclusion of
data relating to socioeconomic conditions and other environmental factors. On a related note, they conflate the idea that the accumulation of wealth under a complex and non-meritocratic economic system is the same as evolutionary fitness, which is a rather dishonest application of biological evolutionary principles towards non-biological systems.

why cant i understand you

Alright. What do you think will happen if the rest of the world pays reparations, takes ALL the shit it brought there, destroys everything it built, leaves that shithole and never returns.
By the time colonies were built, the whites already had a technological lead of thousands of years. Colonization is the only thing that stopped them from rape and tribe wars.