Fish eaters will defend this

>fish eaters will defend this

enjoy your mercury poisoning Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minamata_disease
wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703866704575224411456149200
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I will, faggot.

Does anyone know ANYONE who has mercury poisoning? I certainly don't. I know who is being a faggot right now, though, and his name is OP.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minamata_disease

Coming soon to a local waterway near you

Man, if I could count the number of people I know that have that disease...

>makes no mention of octopus, the most patrician seafood

>falling for the EPA propaganda
Mercury is a naturally occurring mineral in seafood. Alternative studies show it's actually beneficial in the amounts found in fish.

>Mercury
>mineral

>Alternative studies

Sounds like you've been eating too much mercury yourself.

Maybe you should take the red pill and read something other than Washington BuzzFeed phaggot.

I know someone in Ohio who suffered from mercury poisoning. He ate fish a ton (avid fisherman, and thought it was healthy). It did lasting neurological damage. It's seems pretty rare to have the problem diagnosed, but anyone who eats lots of high-merc fish (which is most fish in the US) is doing some damage, just not enough to be a clear medical problem in need of treatment.

Rich Gelfond, CEO of IMAX, had a pretty typical case. He ate sushi twice a day for twenty years, and couldn't figure out why he could no longer keep his balance. Google him if interested, or read wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703866704575224411456149200

doubleplusgood altfact moron

meant to reply to

[citation needed]

This chart isn't telling you not to eat fish, just to be a bit cautious.

The low mercury foods you can eat pretty much as much as you want. They'd cause other adverse health effects long before the mercury does. These also tend to be the most widely consumed fish, so most people are fine.

Moderate-High is like once or twice a week kinds of food.

Very high is once or twice a month material.

The only fish listed that any but the most fanatic fish eaters tend to violate are tuna and maybe mackerel or cod. I've never heard of anyone eating the rest more than once or twice a month at most.

>eating fish post 1900

The oceans are just a human garbage tip, you're eating a mix of plastic, industrial chemicals, brain parasites, and Indian poo every time you take a bite

Not seeing
>redfish
>trigger
>sheepshead

OK guess I'm a ok

Sardines yo

the highest commonly consumed fish on the "very high" list contains a whopping .00000995% mercury - under 1 ppm.

According to the same EPA that put this out, our drinking water is allowed to have twice as much shit in it (2 ppm/0 of fecal coliform) as this swordfish has mercury.

According to myth busters, following up on an american society of microbiology study, 85% of our toothbrushes have at least 8ppm of fecal bacteria on them.

So, yeah. you brush your teeth with 16 times as much shit every morning and evening as i consume in mercury every time i eat fish.

Enjoy your toothbrush, shitbreath.

if it was that bad wouldn't the japanese suffer high rates of mercury poisoning considering 70% of the protein they eat come from fish?

So you don't rinse your toothbrush off before using it?

Why? What would rinsing it achieve? Do you think that a rinse actually removes those bacteria? Lol. Unless you are literally sterilizing it then you're ingesting shit.

The difference is that the shit on a toothbrush doesn't bio-accumulate in your body.

>bio-accumulate
if i were a woman of child-bearing age i might be concerned, but at .009 ppm id have to eat a fuckton every day to actually accumulate enough mercury to put me at any sort of risk. And even if i did, i'd almost certainly die of something else before.

So yeah. more fish, please.

This is such a big concern people have, but for the love of God can someone present a case of someone eating normal amounts of normal fish and actually having problems from it.

>2017
>still using a toothbrush

You going to stay in the 20th century forever gramps?