So, I really want to read books like gravity's rainbow, but is it really hard even for really experienced readers?

So, I really want to read books like gravity's rainbow, but is it really hard even for really experienced readers?

Just read it you little queerbait

Homophobic disgustoid donald trumpo

No

I ordered the penguin edition with the blue cover from Amazon and got this (pic related), it's aight, but seems about as durable as your pic related.
anyways, I haven't read it. Just read it, don't be a puss boi

Nah, I don't think there's anything wrong with a little butt fuckery.

i hate these editions

that's why you don't ever buy any books from third party kikes on amazon who are too lazy to actually figure out what edition they have

Ya it's pretty tough, but you'll never improve your reading ability unless you challenge yourself :)

You're not an experienced reader if you haven't read Gravity's Rainbow.

It's definitely got some very abstract parts, but it's toughness is often exaggerated; nothing as rough as Ulysses or The Recognitions. As long as you actually read & understood everything taught in high school literature, you should, with some difficulty, be able to work your way through the prose.

Yes

I think it helped to read Lot 49 first

I'm working my way through Moby Dick. If I can read that, I should be able to read Gravity's Rainbow no problem, right?

i didn't find Moby Dick hard at all, but i definitely struggled with Gravity's Rainbow

No. It's no harder than any other book. It's really good, read it.

Don't listen to the memes, the Penguin Deluxe edition is really nice. The paper feels amazing and the book is overall very well made. Just make sure you get a recent copy because the older ones have a serious typographical error. But I see you already got a shit edition, so have fun.

>the older ones have a serious typographical error
you mean one missing word?

I know on pg 139 they (the old error replete editions, that is) are missing half a sentence. There are loads of other smaller errors that include omissions of words, as well as simply printing/spelling mistakes.

That's the second worst cover for GR.

It's easy.

People with time on their hands can spend it reverse engineering the novel line-by-line, but you can also just read and enjoy it as a book.

I've seen the penguin deluxe in person and it's the same paper as the other penguin one in the other post, only difference is the penguin deluxe spine is built to last and the book is more compact, while the orange cover is loose and obviously temporary

i fucking hate brain cucklets who don't appreciate literature enough to finish anything that remotely challenges them to think a little more than what the latest thrilling bildungrsoman from john joyce green