Books whose writers you wish you could go back in time and kill to stop them from being written

Books whose writers you wish you could go back in time and kill to stop them from being written.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FSp17I_l8hc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're going to have to do a lot of killing... decades and centuries apart.

Is that a synopsis of the plot?

MEIN KAMPF LOL

But then no enemies would remain. Regardless of whether or not God was included in your count.

Are you one of those asses that thinks that if there wasn't bad stuff happening in the world then we wouldn't be able to know what good is? There will always be some things which make us understand what bad is, you can never erase that sort of thing. The only thing that would happen is that we wouldn't live in a world where suffering and inequality is a constant, and instead of having a bunch of people who's whole lives revolve around suffering and news media who perpetuate it, we'd have a society where we don't think about bad stuff that often. We'd have a society of healthy, happy individuals who are just getting on with their lives unmolested by unfair forces which harm them. If this is really something that pseudo intellectuals oppose, then they're really the most delusional asses on the planet, and have done nothing but tell themselves a lie to avoid a bitter truth; the world can be a better place than it is now. It's like some people hate goodness.

kek

woosh... something went over your head

no, he was memeing

It's not that I didn't see his ironic shitposting, it's the fact that I saw an inkling of allusion towards this philosophical view that I hate. I get that he was saying "hurr durr god is my enemy, I'm gonna pretend I don't know what atheism is an act like everyone who doesn't like the bible hates god lel".

whoooooooooosh

>woosh
Very appropriate for a reddit thread.

This picture doesn't really represent an argument, you're just using a strawman and reducing the argument down to shit posting. You may not think the thread is worth anything in the first place, and only worthy of a shit post, but to be honest there's a lot of people, including myself, who despise religion unironically. It's not something that I can really say in jest, without making fun of myself a little, which isn't likely to happen because it's something I feel very strongly about. I how, however, that taking yourself seriously is suicide, because all jokes are based off the premise of not taking something seriously and a large part of the culture of this website is taking the piss out of everything. I get that. I also get that this long, prattling reply probably isn't going to get you to take me any more seriously either, in fact it's probably going to make you think this is even more hilarious. I hope that I made some sense to you, and you choose to take me seriously about this though, I think the fedora meme is stupid.

I've never actually been to reddit but I do love shitposting about how terrible it is

purple poster detected

where was the interesting part of your critique?

I'm laughing at you.

purple poster detected

le fuck nice things avatar so cool XD

Oops it's another angry atheist how original

No, it means the books that make up the bible go back long before Constantine stitched them together. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, tell different versions of same stories because they came from different places.

If you think there are a lot of branchs of Christianity today, go back to Rome in 300 A.D.
The reason Constantine assembled the Holy Bible was because there were way more sects back then and needed to get their ducks in a row.

And of course the Old Testament comes from Judaism. And it's not like Moses originated these things himself. A lot of that came out of Zoroastrianism.

And it's just turtles all the way down.

killing the 40 authors of the canonical Bible would not weaken Christianity as you see it.
There are dozens of noncanonical biblical texts(gospel of Thomas, book of Enoch, etc.) That, in tandem with nonbiblical Judeo-Christian texts and historical accounts, would affirm and insinuate the coming of the prophesied Messiah, which could feasibly create a wave of revolt against whomever organization/agents tampered/censored/hid the missing Judeo-Christian texts and would fabricate from the remaining fragmented writings a messianic Christ whom they would worship, however shrouded in ambiguity, as the Son of God.

Which is literally what we're doing now anyways, but with 66 more books than we would be after your hypothetical time-travelling killing-spree.

Although if you tried to take on Moses or Solomon you would probably get your shit wrecked.

It's okay, we're all laughing at you too.

>Although if you tried to take on Moses or Solomon you would probably get your shit wrecked.
Never studied the bible, what are some good examples of Moses and Solomon being badass?

>strawman

pure reddit

Karl Marx

The best post in thread

Hi Mike Browning, didn't know that you were here

youtube.com/watch?v=FSp17I_l8hc

How ironic is this?