Are you on Team God or Team Nietzsche?

Are you on Team God or Team Nietzsche?

Quos Deus vult perdere prius dementat.

>implying /pol/ faggots are intelligent enough to actually understand Latin and don't just copy and paste from google translate

I do not adhere to the Nietzsche-God dichotomy.

Nietsche is on team god but not team religion

I thought Deus Vult was from a poor understanding of the Crusades, not a misquote misattributed to Euripides.

I am unironically considering becoming a monk at this point. I figure that if I wanted to, I could convince myself to believe in God and come up with spooky arguments like Plato and so on. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I can convince myself to believe in the pope, but the only monasteries around are catholic as far as I know.
Other ways of overcoming nihilism just aren't doing it for me.

>I'm not sure if I can convince myself to believe in the pope
The Pope's like real bro. You can just go to the vatican and see him.

>but the only monasteries around are catholic as far as I know.
In your area maybe, but there are all kinds of different kinds of monks with all kinds of different religions. You could even start your own monastary/religion probably.

I'm loling out loud rn

When Nietzsche says "God is Dead", he's referring to the collapse of 'infallible' principles that the populous had previously adhered to. In asserting the death of 'God", or the ability to naively obey prescriptive rules as a human collective, Nietzsche is actually, in some readings, lamenting this fact, for he considered the world to be a bunch of sheep without a shepherd, essentially. That's not to say he liked organized religion; he hated it. Rather, he is merely commenting on the historic deconstruction of any unifying or overarching principles.

>The Pope's like real bro
Part of my plan is redefining real. In general, I reject the will to truth. What is both useful and convincing, I might as well call that "real".
But the point is, I don't know if I can work up enough Plato-like arguments to justify him being infallible/holy and all that, to religious-me it still just seems like heresy. Though I grew up protestant, so maybe reading more into catholicism would help.
>In your area maybe
Yeah, that's what I meant. I guess I could consider leaving my country.

If asked when he was alive and not bat crazy, Nietzsche would probably say that in 2016 everyone would be an science worshiping faux atheist. That's what he meant when he said back then that "god is dead" and it was the people, who changed idols, who killed him.

Semper pro Dei!

Not to say infallibility isn't a thing or unimportant, but it's not as central as you might think. Some people will claim it is, but ime they're the kind to run around telling everyone that the Pope is going to come to their house and excommunicate them. Many see it as purely political/ a kind of logistical necessity.

What if you tap your idol with a hammer and it doesn't ring hollow but you do damage it? Is it moral to swap it for an undamaged one?

This so much. People aren't even empiricists anymore, let alone recognising that empiricism is but an epistemological position.
"I love god" is now "I fucking love science".

If I'm going to be sincere, I'm going to have to be fully sincere. Escaping from politics/perfidious ideology and all that is part of the appeal of becoming a monk.
The plan definitely needs working on, I know that.

holy,,,,,, i want more...

when did god say that

did an updated version of the bible get released

>God doesn't speak to him
Top heathen

It got released in America, yeah. They always get the new releases there.

My friend. Find a fleshy hole and put your dick in it. By any means.

Get thee to a monast'ry

You people have ruined this board.

Do not put your dick in the fleshy hole in a monastery guys.

I have, my friend. It was okay, nothing to live for. I don't know if I would want to again, mostly because of everything that surrounds it.
>Man is a thing too imperfect for me. (t. Nietzsche)
and so on

I'm new to this board and I enjoy it, although ironic humor is 5 years old (and triple irony 3 years). I could imagine it getting stale after a while.

Veeky Forums has always been a new sincerity board

Started reading Beyond Good and Evil, but I'm finding it really wordy, to the point I can't properly understand it. Anyone else find this?

What do?

really makes you think...

Learn German. Nietzsche's writing is pretty great.

How has no one applauded this post yet.

>memes ruined Veeky Forums

>>>/reddit/

fuck those fags im on my own team

"no"

Why would I be on a team with a bunch of dead people?

How do I convert dad jokes and reddit gold to actual gold?

And thank you Donkey, may you shiggedy Shrek yourself before you wreck yourself.