I've worked in hospitality for 16 years in all departments, from dishy to line to prep to chef de partie to sous...

I've worked in hospitality for 16 years in all departments, from dishy to line to prep to chef de partie to sous, then FOH and everything that involves. My family is 6th generation hospitality, from cooks to hoteliers, from dish pigs to owners of multiple hotels. I now travel the world as a hospo consultant, and have worked on every continent except antartica, and I am funded by various breweries, distilleries, kitchens and educational concerns in developing markets to spread knowledge and passion. The worst thing about this board is that every time i correct anyone on anything the thread dies, be it on alcohol, food, service or etiquette.

Please let me spread some info on literally anything, because I love to and every time I do I seem to kill threads.

But what is the best sandwich?

please tell me what i need to spend on a restaurant kitchen when starting a new restaurant with seating for 60, also how do you go about finding good deals for it

What really distinguishes a good restaurant from a bad restaurant, and a sustainable restaurant from one that closes down in six months?

Kill yourself, nobody cares.

Cuban sandwich w smoked chicken breast, off bone ham, mayonnaise (no meme aioli), dill pickles and Swiss on a fresh baguette

Depends on where you are in the world, but what you need is a well defined business plan that allows for at least 12 months of 0% profit after you open as there are endless unseen costs. Businesses sink in their first twelve months because they dont have salient cash flow and then they end up getting fucked by costs. As much as you might think it might dilute your 'brand' or 'principles' you need money men and investors to back your work with their cash. And it's a lot easier to fuck around with someone elses money.

You have to look at the market you want to open in and what is needed before you open. But passion, as much as it's a cliche, is what makes or breaks a business.

Oh gee wow, a thread from a hospo operator on a board about cooking, sorry!
I'll go back to posting the following threads:
>Memes, nice and hot!
>How do I improve my ramen?
>Braaaaaaap
>Joey thread
>LAMB SAUCE
>Spice up my ramen
>Arigato im a weeb posting american money in front of japanese pub food
>Flyover/Coastal
>Hot sauce.meme sauce
>Craftbeer/meme beer
>I'm a raging alocholic and I'm dying
>How do I fart ito my ramen and make it a craft macro meal with hot sauce thats authentic for cheap that will make me go BRAAAAAAAP

service a la Russe or Francaise and why?

PS that's how the board works, someone has a question, it gets answered, end of thread. the only ones that stick around are funny or social, or both, like knife threads and that guy who couldn't get a take out bowl of ramen

germany, lets say rent is 5000$/€ per month,60 seats and there is a used kitchen medium-sized kitchen(prize unknown) , how much money do you think i should realistically have set aside.

also if you feel like answering, why do you feel there are so few "authentic" asian restaurants in europe, i would like to open a minimalistic vietnamese place, with bhanh mi, pho,spring/summerrolls and 2-3 modifiable, easy to prepare main dishes.
But still nobody could really tell me why places like this almost dont exist in europe, do you think people arent ready for the real stuff?

duh, they don't have azns, only habibs. you get the ethnic cuisine from the immigrants you let in

>every time I do I seem to kill threads.

unironically posting this and letting your own thread die

What's the tastiest marinade for chicken?
For steak?

>cuban sandwich
>w smoked chicken breast, off bone ham, mayonnaise (no meme aioli), dill pickles and Swiss on a fresh baguette

That's not a Cuban sandwich at all. In fact, its so far away from a Cuban that when said alone would remind no one in any way of a Cuban.

200.000€ at least
rechne mal aus wieviel du verdienen musst und essen am tag schicken mußt um 5000euro Miete + Nebenkosten + Personalkosten + deine Lebensunterhalt zu bezahlen

how much money do i need to start a hot dog shack in NE us coast?
my start menu is simple.
hot dogs
fries
burgers
chocolate milk
coke
coffee water
chips

Why are you asking us? First thing you need to do is find out the legal requirements for your specific area. These things have huge affects on cost and will vary greatly by locale.

Most back of the house cooking/prepping equipment should be bought used. A five year old stainless steel table is as good as a new one and cost a fraction of the price.

Also the average restaurant doesn't make it 5 years so there is a lot of good used equipment for sale.

im just testing the waters.
if i could get you a hot dog for a price comparable to cumberland farms or less
freshly made on a grill in front of you.
youd pay the price regardless of hunger wouldnt you?

>Cuban sandwich w smoked chicken breast, off bone ham, mayonnaise (no meme aioli), dill pickles and Swiss on a fresh baguette

I didnt know being pretentious was a job requirement.

I have no idea what a cumberland farms hot dog is.

If I have time to watch you grill a hot dog then I have time to grill a hot dog myself.

gas station dog.

so youd pass me by?
go buy a packet of hotdogs?
fire up the grill?
only to use it for like 5 mins?
tops
thats like 15 not counting the water youll use to clean it.

vs my 1.50 hot dogs and 2 dollar burgers
being served out of an open air shack. hot an juicy with your choice of drank.

whats that 5$ for a 3 dogs and a drank?

thats incredible.

at least in New England

>gas station dog.
Never had one. Never eaten at a gas station.

>so youd pass me by?
Yep. I'd never give a hot dog stand a 2nd glance. I'm not your target market.

>go buy a packet of hotdogs?
>fire up the grill?
>only to use it for like 5 mins?

No, I'd go home. I'd get some of my homemade sausage out of the fridge and grill that. I don't mind firing up the grill for 5 min, I enjoy cooking.

>thats like 15 not counting the water youll use to clean it.
I don't do that. I leave the grill dirty. Then I use the heat from the fire to burn the grate clean the next time I use it. I just leave the grate on there while the coals are ashing over. That burns off most of the crud. Then just hit it with a wire brush for 20 seconds before the sausages go on.

>$1.50 dogs

That price tells me the dogs must be shit. If you're charging that and making a profit then you obviously can't be using very good ingredients.

Only way I'd shop there would be if I was out with my buds hitting the bars and you happened to be there while we were stumbling home.

ok lets say you walk into a five star fancy pantsy restaurant.
and you got a fancy pantsy hot dog.

what would you pay?

and what would you imagine the reataurant startup cost to be?

and yeah im just trying to get a minimum money maker started.
the idea is that it be a business so basic and easy that i can pay some dope to run it for 12 bucks an hour and have like a 500 liquid fund for me at the end of every week after bills and costs.

kind of like welfare. but without the goverment

Tell me how to love cooking and not think of it as an annoying chore

>and what would you imagine the reataurant startup cost to be?

As I already said, that's an impossible question to answer. It depends entirely on your EXACT location. Real estate costs and whatever stuff you need to comply with local codes (fire, plumbing, health, etc.) could be minimal or they could be several million dollars.

For example: maybe you find an existing restaurant building and move in. Great. Maybe that place needs a $200,000 update of the ventilation system in the kitchen. Maybe it doesn't. Same thing for the parking lot--maybe it's behind code and you are forced to install a wheelchair access ramp. Maybe the electrical service needs repairs. See what I mean? You need to find out what the local requirements are (which vary by city, state, etc.) before you can even begin to answer that question.