Have there been any classics in the 2000s which could be considered a masterpiece of all great literature?

Have there been any classics in the 2000s which could be considered a masterpiece of all great literature?

My Twisted world

God I hate this place.

Seiobo There Below

It's hard to say what from the 20th century will become canonical and what's just a passing fad. I think the series of novels Your Face Tomorrow by Javier Marias is the strongest contender so far.

I mean 21st century

Any other opinions?

Tree of Smoke by Denis Johnson

A Naked Singularity
Inherent Vice
Middle C
Anything Vollmann
La Medusa
The Pale King
Cyclonopedia
McElroy's Forthcoming novels (one of which he's been working on for 60+ years)
Against the Day
The Last Samurai
Laura Warholic, or the Sexual Intellectual
MJ Nicholls' Novels
The House of Ulysses
The Revolutionaries Try Again
Mikhail Sushkin

etc etc

I've only read The Pale King and Against the Day from this list. What one book off this list would you recommend most?

I thought the Corrections was very good, but apparently Veeky Forums hates Franzen so.

he's good b/c he p's off the feminazis

Zero K

The Last Samurai

What did you think of The Revolutionaries Try Again? I only just saw it pop up on my radar and im curious. lso, Naked Singularity, I've been looking for it in stores but all I've found is a translated version of Personae (into spanish)

Franzen is dainty housewife lit.

Dave Markson - Reader's Block
Anne Carson - red doc
Ben Lerner - Angle of Yaw
2666 of course

These, at the very very least.

You're not allowed to post Ben Lerner here or people will get mad.

Of course we will, he's dogshit.

Wizard of the Crow (at least borderline, anyway)
The Trolley
Blindly
The Loop

>Franzen is dainty housewife lit.
You're literally saying that only because of Oprah's book selection shit.

2666 if you browse here a lot. I haven't been on here in a few months but it was very talked about last year. It's also probably my favorite book off of this list. But take your pic. Middle C and Inherent Vice are both enjoyable and short. Vollmann has so much to choose from, you might want to start digging in to him.

I can say that I'm happy that we're officially into the territory of post-Bolano pan-Latino/a literature, with novels like this and Tyrant Banderas. Not all the way through it yet (I think it just got released) but I can already I'm in for a fun ride with this one.
Oh also John Wood's translation of Zettels Traum deserves to be on every English-only readers list.

no such thing as a masterpiece these days, not because of any dip in quality, but because artistic production and the status of the artist is completely different to the mid-20th c modern period when we had the last masterpieces.

Lol I love how this one person always shows up who has absolutely nothing to say other than to shit on this one author

Huh? that didnt answer my question. but I'll check out Tirano Banderas, seems interesting.