What am I in for?

What am I in for?

A bad translation

This.

Avsey is the only decent translation

A crude sensationalist

oh i just picked a google image desu
i meant the book

A conversion to the Russian Orthodox Church.

It's considered Dostoevsky's best work, though some might content with the Idiot.

i live in post Soviet country and all Russian translations are superb

a life change if you're patient

if you liked this you should also read "Of Human Bondage" by Maugham

Unexpectedly riveting and funny. Good god the priest's death confessions toward the middle of the book drag on, though. That's really the only part of the book that felt like a chore to read.

And don't listen to the haters, user. P&V is fine.

Why?

>Of Human Bondage
Is that really a good book?
I see it at the bookstore all the time but I know nothing about it

He also has a lot of notes that provide some interesting info throughout the text. Plus, just look at the titles:

The Brothers Karamazov
The Karamazov Brothers

The title indicates that Avsey aimed to make the book english, not faux-russian-english. The use of Russian syntax in the title is awkward, but has become tradition. Avsey is being bold.

a rip-roaring tour de force

The P&V translation is great. Don't listen to the memes.

But that is the meme.

see

Changed my life and steered me away from the edgy atheist path I was heading down. For that, I'm grateful.

I already left my edgy atheist path
Is there any of value in this book for me?

nope. none at all

What should i read then
Im not an atheist but still more confused than ever

Read the Bible

if that's the sort of rationale you employ when reading then I would say no, probably not. maybe after your teenage years.

Escape from Atheistic "memery"/ firming your faith in God

I used my bible to smoke weed when i was an edgy atheist
Are all copies the same?
I was just pretending to be retarded

What parts of the bible are essential reading for this book? I'll reader the entire bible later, but now I want this book.

I was being sarcastic dipshit

fun

an omnipotent fuckwad fedora narrator.

t. Karzmiersz

Sorry im autistic i dont get sarcasm...

Just read the Gospel of John and you could just skid by with that little scrap of biblical knowledge.

got it. Thanks my dude

smerdyakov is the murderer
lol spoiled ya

Thanks burning my copy as we speak

Its really good I would say. It was for me at least.

it's fucking life itself

like Brothers Karamazov. In all honestly

maybe it is you who am the meme

Bible, Meditations, Mere Christianity, Brothers K, East of Eden

Can someone explain the Grand Inquisitor please? Why do the 3 questions asked by the devil prove that God exists? Why can't they have been conceived of otherwise? I have read that chapter three times (when I was younger, I want to re-read the book again).

Very good book. Some parts can be very slow and drag on but the good parts make up for it. The ending epilogue was really emotional.

The Life of the Elder Zosima was one of the book's best sections.

I remember the first time i read Dmitri's defendant.

I wept at the ending until the pages were stained with tears and snot. Did I get played?

No. I felt the same way.

What did he mean by this?

Was the point basically, despite all the shit that happens to us over the course of our lives - remember the good times and treasure your happiest memories?

When the Captain sprinkled breadcrumbs on Ilyusha's grave so he would have the sparrows for company, I cried.

Weren't those the sociopathic fuckers that convinced him to kill that dog?

Dostoevsky: "I really want to write a book filled with nothing but my rumbling about the christian ideology. Oh wait, no one would want to read something like that. Guess I'll have to throw in some plot in between the christian parts."