You think he cares about not getting the nobel prize

you think he cares about not getting the nobel prize

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/books/2008/oct/01/nobelprize.usa
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He knows he doesn't deserve it

If he wouldn't be bothered to show up to accept it, why would he be bothered.

Pynchon is Don. The Nobel is the guy who cut off his nipple.

DeLillo deserves it more.

He looks more like the guy who cut off his nipple though

This. He's much worse than Pynch.
fucking kek

>american super star author getting the nobel literature prize

literally never going to happen, give it up already

Except it's happened several times

Nobel committee member here, give me one good reason Pynchon deserves the prize for literature.

Uhhh..
memes?

hype on 4chin

he wrote a book which is more than a thousand pages long. Even better, he wrote TWO books that are more than a thousand pages long.

you mean like recent winners: Patrick Modiano and Alice Munro? Or Svetlana Alexevich, a journalist...

yeah, but is their stuff full of fart jokes?

see

>TWO books that are more than a thousand pages long.

Against the Day and....?

infinite jest?

idiot

Gravity Falls

I really hope he wins. It would be a genuine surprise, and demonstrate that the academy can appreciate stuff outside their comfort zone.

what if every other poster aside from you on this board was just pynchon all along

V.'s Rainbow

you think his chances of winning are diminished because he's probably not gonna show up to the ceremony?

i freaking love gravitys rainbow man. one day when i went to my friend jackson's house for his birthday i strapped a bottlerocket to the area where my penis is (but outside of my clothes). we were outside and all my friends were like baha dude that's funny and i just said "i dare you guys to jerk me off. I double dog DARE you. just see what will happen." they were all like aha dude no you're crazy. scaredy cats wouldn't do it. so i went back inside and asked jackson's mom where the lighter was, telling her it was for the birthday cake. what can i say? sometimes i'll tell a little white lie when it's for one of my nutso pranks. anyway, when i came back out with a lit V2 on my groin, a screaming came across jackson's driveway. you shoulda saw their faces. i'd have to say that i've always done off-the-wall things like that, but ever since i got the book i've been just a little bit more... shall we say... bananas. ;)

I'd vote for him, if I knew who the fuck he is.

What a day that would be, huh... the inimitable Swedish Fucker crabwalks to the podium in a white suit he turned black with a Sharpie and shimmies right up it like a koala and perches up there, right hand whipping to his forehead like he's saluting but really trying to see past the spotlight into the sea of corrupt Swedes who sit out there in red velvet chairs tearing apart the night's program trying to find where exactly it says they'd have to suffer the presence of a botched experiment in a suit. The Swedish Fucker atop the podium reaches into his jacket and pulls out an envelope and holds it up and OH SHIT it's tie-dye. The crowd goes insane. It's happened!!! It's finally happened!!!! It's like E3 2006 in the auditorium. Men are headbutting each other, women are kissing each other, and amid the roar the Swedish Fucker opens the envelope and intones into the microphone what everybody already knows: "The winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature is... (shoves a pair of plastic buck teeth right up into his mouth) THOMAS PEEEN-CHAWN."

>he
user...

Gravity's Jest

Inherent Vice Post-it Edition

He's not political, let alone left-wing enough for the Nobel prize. It doesn't help he's exactly the kind of American literature the Nobel committee stated they don't want to see anymore.

theguardian.com/books/2008/oct/01/nobelprize.usa

Vargas Llosa is a neoliberal. Tranströmer and Munro aren't political writers and Yan is a state capitalist dictatorship shill. Try harder amerifat.
>the Nobel committee stated
*one person

who do you think is gonna win

Boualem Sansal from Algeria

>you think he cares
this is pynchas pinchmeister pineceone we're talking about
hdgaf

>pynchon
>not political

>white man
>political
get with the times

If an American gets the nobel, it will be Tom Wolfe.

oh god please no

Well that would just make me CRRRAAAZZZYYYYY now wouldn't it?

Hrrbrrpfrphltt

He's a good writer, and probably (even if you're or not a Nobel committee member or not) cares more about humanity than you.

But he ain't gonna win, nor he cares, this is obvious if you have (actually, seriously, no memes here) read him.

or not or not or not

Not since Ulysses has a novel been written about more than Gravity's Rainbow

Alan Moore has written a novel about Northampton, that's something

Fuck, please no, and I kind of like his books, but I don't want to see that happening.

it will be Ashbery

>Not since Ulysses has a novel been written about more than Gravity's Rainbow
there is a world outside of Veeky Forums, boyo

>Not since Ulysses has a novel been written about more than Gravity's Rainbow

'ulysses' originally published in 1922.

'the great gatsby' originally published in 1925.

this lmao.

I haven't found none but maybe one thing written "about" Gravity's Rainbow, and it was a plot summary. I've been trying to find commentaries and criticisms, but haven't found shit. Sauce.

working for the clampdown

tsk tsk

Of course. Do you have any idea how much drugs you can buy for that money.