Useful or Meme ?

>using the word meme out of context
You know where to fuck off to.

Totally useless. All that thing does is create grill marks on food. A flat pan cooks more effectively.

Useful for:
Bacon
Asparagus
Fancy looking grilled sammies
Kebabs
??

actually it works great for roasting fatty things like chicken quarters or porkbelly. leaves someplace for the fat to drip so the meat doesn't wind up poaching in its own fat.

You get better results if the food is actually in full contact with the flat surface of the pan.

And the fat content is unaffected, you can still remove the food from the pan leaving the fat behind.

The only reason anything would "poach" in fat is if you the heat were kept low. At frying or sauteing temperatures it actually helps to have the fat present because it fills the gaps between the food and the pan therefore allowing for better heat transfer.

> not knowing that "Fuck off reddit" is a Veeky Forums meme

This. It's great for hamburgers so they're not soeaking in oil

*cripplechan
Lurk moar, newfag.

Who wants a burger that doesn't have a nice sear on the outside? Might as well use a microwave.

>At frying or sauteing temperatures it
its not at frying or sautéing temperatures. I said roasting. as in in the oven. at 300 or 325 or 350.

Yes, if i was sautéing id use a skillet

If you're doing it in the oven then why not just the broiler tray?

Becasue this is easier to clean?

i use this shit to cook chicken tendies all the time and they come out with the perfect amount of crust to meat ratio

perfect for dippin' and on da go'

let me let you in on a little secret Veeky Forums at the risk of sounding a little TOO like plebbit

memes are fun and meant to be enjoyed !

I want to get one just to make nice sear marks on things I've already cooked sous vide.

I prefer by far to use the charcoal barbecue, but now that it's -8ºC out, I'd rather not stand on my balcony...

It depends on what you make and what else you've got available. If your oven doesn't have a grill (broiler in American?) then it's downright essential for grilling meat. If it does then it's still useful but only if you make certain foods.

got one of these
havent used it for years
this is a anti meme
nobody uses this shit because it cooks foods shit, skillet is better
get a better peice of cooking equipment instead like a pressure cooker or a good crock pot

Stop right there with your statements.

I use mine like twice a month. When I cook a steak with my sous vide pod I finish it off on there at like 650°.

I used mine 3-4 time for burgers. Now it's just gathering dust, to much hassle to clean.
Burger patties just as good on my carbon steel pan

use mine as a panini press.

I've seen people do bacon or like
says.

But unless it's in an oven or over a fire with lot of ambient heat I don't see the point.

I look at one everytime I see it in a store trying to figure a resin to buy it. I always fail.

that pan is shit.
but i do use this, and i live where i cant grill year round

I use mine for burgers and steak a few times a month. Sometimes for chicken breasts too.

I like it and the grill marks it makes. I usually do a cross on either side.

I have this.

From Lodge.
Measures: 16-3/4" Long x 9-1/2" Wide x 9/16" Thick

Covers two burners giving me an iron gridle on one side of my stove top and it's great for camping.

Cost me $19.

I prefer one of these.

uses two ranges, can get a lot of food done + grill marks. We take it out whenever we do burgers, steaks, or vegetables.

beat me to it

It can be a hassle to store though.