Why did she not amount to anything greater?

Why did she not amount to anything greater?

Other urls found in this thread:

samkriss.wordpress.com/2016/09/13/jk-rowling-and-the-cauldron-of-discourse/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She'd need discernible talent for that

should i reread harry potter?

yes it holds up pretty well

>Best selling author in the world
>literally worth millions and millions of dollars (is it a billion yet?)
>criticized by maybe 1% of the world's readers

I doubt she gives a fuck if some "intellectual" jags think she's shit.

She was poor as fuck and wanted to make money. She now has enough money for pretty much anything she wants.

That said, I dont like her. Reading Harry Potter as a kid was when I first realized I didn't like fantasy novels. Tried all the big ones. Still don't.

been thinking about doing this as well

let's read them together :)

but let's not stay in contact to talk about the books and our progress. I'm a reader, not a fag.

she was on welfare and decided to write a book while sitting on a train. she did alright

Why did OP not amount to anything greater?

>gave hope and joy to millions of children

That's pretty great desu.

>I'm a reader, not a fag.
Challenge accepted stable boy ;^)

You are overestimating the importance of art on peoples lives. Most people read it to find what happens next, then move on.

>gave false hope and false joy to millions of plebeians

Has there ever been a greater crime?

>t. prospectless and friendless unloved Veeky Forums browser

>gave hope and joy to millions of children
Then crushed it when they turned eleve

She's not a great writer, and no one is interested in anything else besides Harry Potter. She released a book using a pseudonym that did so horribly they re-released it with her real name.

People are more interested in the world of harry potter than the story, or the way it is written. This is why people fawn over her postmortem tidbits of revealing information:

>so and so was actually gay
>this was actually a metaphor for that
>Hermione's race was not specified, she could be black!

I wouldn't read the book or watch the films if the female protagonist was black

>>>\pol\

Why is that

That's a stupid reason.

If you were Veeky Forums you wouldn't read the book because it has no literary value.

Because it belongs to a white.

Otherwise it's forced cultural Marxist globalist multicultural degeneracy

Consider you are selve redpilled

She has no respect for her works unless she can whore it out.

Revealing or making up nonsense not
only ruins any chance of symbolical / analytical theory which her fans probably wont get much chance for outside of Tumblr fanfiction but screams also to me an insecurity in her own work, like she needs to provide these deeper truths that arent really there.

That and her money hungry ways

>donated so much money she she turned from billionaire to millionaire
she's done more than you have

Donating money is stupid and pathetic.

It's the cheapest way for someone to feel good about themselves.

And she's still a millionaire so it's evident she doesn't believe in th donating crap herself

Is there a point here somewhere

well she is not dead yet so can't really say that

Edgy.

Freshman year being a bit rough on you, aye?

Be glad she didn't, you faggots who make these threads would be absolutely devastated if she was richer and acclaimed at the same time.

mate its because Harry Potter was one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>If you want to donate money you better donate all of it or you are shit.

How much have you donated by the way? Most likely her donations have contributed more to society than the entirety of your wages

she has no reason to

The movies are better

Hot milf tbqh. How many big black cocks do you bet she has taken?

Jesus christ you're a retarded person. I don't like harry potter either but shut the fuck up.

She’s grateful for the advice of Hagrid and Dumbledore and all the others as they follow her around this greyed-out half-world, she’s glad that she’s not like all the boring and stupid people, that she has an active imagination and a rich inner life. Of course she knows that all these wizards and griffins are just stuff that she made up, that none of it is really real, that she prefers living with them because she can control it all to the last detail, while even one billion dollars won’t let you rearrange the universe at will.
samkriss.wordpress.com/2016/09/13/jk-rowling-and-the-cauldron-of-discourse/

>le rich people don't care how they're perceived maymay
Have you not heard about any of her online activities in the past decade? She desperately jockeys for relevance at every turn.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh look. Another thread of impoverished nobodies acting superior about one of the best-selling authors in the world. I'm sure you'll make her cry.

She made millions of people happy all over the world, that's good enough. At least compared to most people.

She cucked millions of people all over the world alright.

We all know blackmione is bullshit and she was white in the books.

or the reader can pick her/his own race for the characters

Nah fuck that bullshit. Here is a drawing from Rowling herself from 2004.

They are british school children, you can't change that you nigger loving faggot.

What influenced you to become a racist? Does this mindset make you truly happy?

Black people, Muslims, and a handful of Hispanics have taught me to be """racist""".

I prefer to base my mindset on reality, whether I like it or not. Don't worry I was super progressive when I was a teenager too, as I got older I got even more progressive.

Until I was enlightened on what would benefit humanity the most.

So you're twenty now?

Kek

I like the world, the humour and characters of the Harry Potter series better than the story. Which is why I think the first book might actually be the best one.

She's not that great of a writter. Harry potter is just one of those lightning in a bottle ideas.

STOP

she spends all her time tweeting butthurt about corbyn and retroactievely changing half the characters in her books into whatever is politically trendy and convenient

she got lucky. harry potter kinda sucks honestly, the first several books are imaginative and fun but the general story arc and character development is totally wasted, but people are too emotionally invested to admit that it was a letdown