ITT: We post great Black authors from around the world

Go Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notes_of_a_Native_Son
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/pol/ here. What are the most interesting books about nigger problems, that are actually well-informed by philosophical/cultural critique?

I don't mean Ta-Nehisi Coates pop Oprah bullshit. That shit is for Tumblr babbies. Please tell me there are some real hardcore leftist niggers, like TJSotomayor with degrees in continental philosophy.

James Baldwin is pretty much the most important black writer of the 20th century. If you want to actually understand blackness, read him.

Molefi Kete Asante

Ellison is brilliant. Invisible Man is a masterpiece

How about we just post some great authors?

Chinua Achebe

Toni Morrison pre-Beloved

>from around the world
Pushkin
Dumas

Amos Tutuola

Wasn't THAT black but anyway

Well meme'd

Walter Mosley.

Patrick Chamoiseau

>James Baldwin is pretty much the most important black writer of the 20th century. If you want to actually understand blackness, read him.
Reading "Notes of a Native Son" on wikipedia, it seems that blackness is mostly about self-centeredness, a petty attitude and opportunistics parasitism. A lot of the points are very tumberly combined with placing your locus of controll onto other people (mostly dishonestly, to create imagined slights and grievances).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notes_of_a_Native_Son

>reads Wikipedia summary and not the work itself

/pol/, ladies and gents

>/pol/, ladies and gents
Dude, read about the content on the page, it's pretty full of cliches. Seems unlikely that he's the originator of all of them
>Finally, he ponders on antisemitism amongst blacks and comes to the conclusion that the hatred boils down to Jews being white and more powerful than Negroes.
Fits the describtion

>Baldwin looks back to his time in a village in Switzerland—how he was the first black man most of the other villagers had ever seen. He goes on to reflect that blacks from European colonies are still mostly located in Africa, while the United States has been fully informed by blacks.
Pretty sure this will be shoe horned into some daft political narrative

Thanks guys. I actually love Achebe, and I will give Morrison a chance as an exercise in moderating my racism.

Very excited to read Asante and Baldwin. I'm also interested in Diop.

France

his books aren't even long you lazy sod, but then again neither is your post and I'm not reading that

I always enjoyed Ousmane Sembene's later literature, I think the first novels were a bit naive

Paradise is underrated.

Based Sembene, his films are tip-top too

What do you think?