Is he the most important philosopher of modernity

would you say yes or no?

Prob

so you say yes?

In the last 300 years we haven't had a great thinker. My judgment is bold, since Kant is included. All the great thinkers of recent centuries from Kant to Benedetto Croce have only cultivated the garden.

The most autistic*
t. Nietzsche

who was the last great thinker in your opinion?

He's the most important philosopher of liberalism and that shit managed to prevail the political system of choice in the western world.

Diogenes

good

fuck marx

From the Greeks to the Idealists? Unquestionably.

Russell.

Blow your brains out.

I'm not trying to fight you, but what's his connection to liberalism? I wasn't aware of this.

Jesus, I meant "that shit" in the sense of "that stuff".

His ideas of the inherent worth of individuals, treating people as ends in themselves, his legal and moral theory are all inherently liberal.

Just to be sure since there are a lot of burgers here I mean liberal as in constitutional parliamentary government and capitalism, not in le assjaydubya.

>Russell
>Telling others to kill themselves

Damn you sure got me!

*upvotes*

korrekt answer

So which of the two is it? Business owner or cuck?

Hegel is better.

Prove. Me. Wrong.

wot? In liberal theory people are ends in themselves. In practice this is the exception rather than the rule.

Read some Adorno then kys.

Heidegger proved him and Kant cowards

no hes Plato 2.0 and just as wrong

in all seriousness, do you have a reason that you think Russell is significant in anyway? he's only ever been an educator, never a pioneer.

Russel is one of the founders of Analytical Philosophy which is pretty much the dominant school in America and UK.....i think thats enough to say he achieved alot

He was the last philosopher who was a cuckold. And cuckolding is the thinking man's fetish.

>is one of the founders of Analytical Philosophy
more important figures in analytic philosophy:
>Cantor
>Frege
>Godel
>Quine

>(((Analytical))) """"""""Philosophy"""""""""

Heidegger

he's more of an Aristotelian senpai, nothing like Plato. he attacks idealism. his whole Critique is constructed so as to disjoin the noumena from knowing, and he does so, like Aristotle, with the same rigid use of predicate logic.

well, Aristotle is Plato 1.1 so...

where'd you get this pic

i think a person i know posted it originally

Didn't he force his step daughter to watch him fuck her mother?

Thank you James Joyce

>Kant is Aristotelian

Jeuss Christ thsi is the stupidest shit I'vew heard here on Veeky Forums.

please decapitate yourself.

>not being your own philosopher

>Critique is constructed so as to disjoin the noumena from knowing, and he does so, like Aristotle, with the same rigid use of predicate logic.
>with the same rigid use of predicate logic.
>predicate logic
>Kant

Predicate Logic was invented only 75 years after Kant's death. He in fact hailed Aristotle for his Logic and that it is the most complete Logic there is and will ever be.

Please abstain from posting uninformed opinions.

No but he cucked TS Eliot

>He in fact hailed Aristotle for his Logic and that it is the most complete Logic there is and will ever be.

while accidentally constructing a different logic

when I first read him I was 2edgy4responsibility and thought his categorical imperative to be incredibly annoying, but as I matured a bit since than I'd definitely say he is interesting, maybe not on the same level as,say, Descartes, but non the less interesting.

I would say Kant, Marx and Nietzsche.
After Virtue by Alasdair MacIntyre is extremely insightful for how and why.