What is the grimmest piece of literature out there? I want to read something pessimistic

What is the grimmest piece of literature out there? I want to read something pessimistic.

Other urls found in this thread:

poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/43825
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Watts_(author)
rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hmm
jude the obscure maybe

700+ pages of pure suffering.

Iliad.

120 Days of Sodom

OPs picture reminds me of the short story "A Real Doll," by AH Homes. It's about OP when he was a lad taking the heads off his sister's dolls and ejaculating inside of them.

Dom Casmurro

Not Wanted on the Voyage by Timothy Findley: that fucking book scarred me for life. On the ark, Noah hears his son Japeth complaining that he can't get his dick inside his child-bride Emma because she's too tight, so Noah takes the last unicorn, 11-year-old Emma's most beloved companion, and tears her open by fucking her with the unicorn's horn, traumatizing the girl for life and killing the unicorn.
So, yeah: Noah uses a unicorn to rape a pre-teen so his son can rape her more easily, and kills the last unicorn in the process. Canadian "magic realism" at its finest.

i have no mouth and must scream

the road

"Darkness" by Byron.

poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/43825

Nostromo by Joe Conrad.

Notes from the Underground
Take your pick of anything by Ligotti.

Schopenhauer

The Holy Bible

I'm currently reading Stoner and its incredibly well written, but its making me feel sad/depressed when I read it.

That sounds hilarious.

My diary to be honest

>Joe Conrad

:^)

The philosophy of redemption by Philipp Mainländer

If that sounds appealing, you might also like Marian Engel's Bear. A Canadian novel about a woman falling in love with, and having graphic sex with, an actual bear. Won the highest literary prize in the country. We like our sex scenes weird up here.

Blindsight by Peter Watts.

Technology implies belligerence, and consciousness was an evolutionary mistake. Everything we value makes us weaker and will inevitably be lost. Lovecraft said the most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. Watts forces us to try.

"Whenever I find my will to live becoming too strong, I read Peter Watts." – James Nicoll

If you think Stoner is sad or depressing there is something wrong with you.

Justine.

Anything written by Sade, really

"Whatever" by Michel Houellebecq.

What the fuck Canada I never knew you had this side to you. You lovable sick cunts. Are the books well written?

Got any other Canadian authors to recommend? I'm Canadian but literally never read anything written by a Canadian.

Peter Watts is Canadian.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Watts_(author)
rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm

I read that book this summer, fucking amazing. I love Timothy Findley,

take the birth control pill

>Notes from Underground
I wouldn't say it's that grim. It's a bit like reading /r9k/, if anyone there had any sense at all.
>all that spaghetti in the 2nd part