Got some 2 inch New Yorks (pic related, but not mine). Grill out of service...

Got some 2 inch New Yorks (pic related, but not mine). Grill out of service, thinking I'm going to need to reverse sear these. How's this for the process?

Pre-heat oven to 275F
Season steaks with S&P
Cook to internal temperature of 155 (medium cook)
Rest for 10
Sear all sides

Sound good, or should I change anything in the methodology?

>155
>medium
That's well done as fuck mate
For medium you shouldn't go past 130 after its done resting up

Yeah you're full of shit. I aint fucking these steaks up because you're retarded.

Shouldn't you sear first, then finish in the oven?

Just sear the fuck out of them, when the outside is seared very well the inside will be good.

Steak this thick requires a reverse sear in order to cook without a grill.

Cook to internal temperature of 155 (medium cook) Cook to internal temperature of 155 (medium cook) Cook to internal temperature of 155 (medium cook) Cook to internal temperature of 155 (medium cook) Cook to internal temperature of 155 (medium cook) Cook to internal temperature of 155 (medium cook)

You can do either.

I worked grill at a steakhouse user
Please don't cook all the way to 155F, that's literally exactly the temp we did for well done
Want the temp list we used? The temps were what we pulled the steaks out of the oven at. after resting they'd go up another 10 degrees or so, cuz the oven was kept at 550F
>RARE: 100F
>Mid rare: 110-120F
>Medium: 130F
>Mid well: 135-140F
>Well: 155F

>worked
>past tense

I can see why they fired you with temperature ratings like that. Get out.

I actually left on good terms to work at another place full time so I could focus on pastries
I suppose that temp list isn't word of god. you'd have to adjust it according to each steak but it wouldn't vary too much.
155 is definitely not medium though. Any steak with that internal temperature will be cooked 100% well.

>everything mid well and under considered unsafe by the USDA
>OP cooking at home, better recommend temperatures used in a professional kitchen

ill take one of your undercooked well done steaks with a side of bleach

>get utterly BTFO

>y-you didnt use good gwamma!!!!

Kill yourself

Stay mad samefag.

>s-s-s-samefag

kek

KEK

I can detect how much YOU are SEETHING right now at the fact that YOU have been utterly DEMOLISHED by not only some WAGEKEK but ME as well. YOU realize that YOU have been UTTERLY embarrassed multiple times for being a retarded MONG that cant even do something as simple as cooking a fucking MEDIUM steak

KEK

Neck yourself cuck

Go to a nice steakhouse in your area and ask for the temperatures they use
It'll likely be more similar to the one I posted earlier.
Also, if you're using high quality meat, you don't really need to worry about those "unsafe" temperatures. It's not like it's kept at that temperature when it's stored. Ever had steak tartare? Ever eaten raw egg or sushi?

Cut it into thick cubes and then sear all sides in a wok. Add sake, garlic a little soy and pepper. Wa la. throw on rice.

>Wa la

155 is the temperature that meats that you can't cook rare (Chicken, Pork etc) become fully cooked at, because it's the temperature the bacterias die. It is definitively well done. Kill yourself, chico.

It's 165 for chicken ya dingus

>Reverse sear
Pretty sure you just invented that technique, and it's fucking retarded.

>Pretty sure you just invented that technique, and it's fucking retarded.

Lol get a load of this guy...

>Cook to internal temperature of 155 (medium cook)
Enjoy chewing a fucking burnt tire.