Just got 1 1/2 lbs of lamb shank on a whim. what should I do with it?

just got 1 1/2 lbs of lamb shank on a whim. what should I do with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

food.com/recipe/middle-eastern-style-lamb-shanks-181365
draxe.com/nightshade-vegetables/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd probably cook it and eat it, but I bet you could vaseline it up and shove it up your ass I bet.

Pasta sauce. Brown the shank, throw in onion and carrot, then some garlic, then some red wine and chopped tomatoes. Simmer for over an hour until meat is falling off the bone. Finish by simmering some fresh rosemary in the sauce for about 15 minutes. Use to dress wide noodles.

Braise it

I will probably do this, but I was hoping for something a bit more inventive
>tfw allergic to tomatoes
otherwise, your idea sounds really good

>allergic to tomatoes

kill yourself you waste of space

Top kek, wanted to write the same.

maybe put it in the oven with rosmarin, onion and garlic?

fuck off, it's not my fault I was born with this particular shitty gene

Braise it. It's the only way.

I just braised a lamb shank in beef stock with sichuan peppercorns and cumin.

Make a spice rub, rub the lamb, sear it well, and then braise it. Use a pressure cooker for best results.

Try making up your own damn recipe if you want to be inventive
Jesus, read a cookbook or use google

you could make a lebanese/syrian style lamb shank stew. It's great with artichokes, chickpeas or fava beans, okra or eggplant mixed in.

heres an alright looking starting recipe food.com/recipe/middle-eastern-style-lamb-shanks-181365

but honestly you could just wing it, and cook it in a tasty tomato sauce seasoned to your liking with some of the ingredients listed above and serve with some basmati rice and chopped mint and cilantro.

Lamb with dates is pretty good too.

Look up how to braise lamb
Follow those instructions
Eat the fucker

what happened why I cooked lamb it shrink when it came out of oven. anybody help?

Heavy S&P
Brown
Wrap in foil with baby carrots and onions
400 for 10
250 for 3hrs or till 150
Set for 10

It lost fat and water during cooking

>wahhhh don't say my suggestion wasn't inventive

>allergic to tomatoes

This is flyover for 'I don't like tomatoes'.

>allergic to tomatoes

Christ, are there no food items safe from some idiot pretending they have an allergy to? I wish every amerifat would be forced to go without food for 7 days straight at some point after childhood. I fucking guarantee the percent of people with food allergies would be in the single digits.

Why do you think obesity is so high here? We're "allergic" to everything that isn't sugar donuts, happy meals, pumpkin spice lattes, and ranch

Who needs that "healthy" stuff anyway it's for the liberals. When trump bans NAFTA we can finally have normal food again

did your racist dad discipline you a bit too harsh when you were a kid or something

draxe.com/nightshade-vegetables/