What is the name of the novel you could force a random man off the street to read where if he doesn't cry when he's...

What is the name of the novel you could force a random man off the street to read where if he doesn't cry when he's finished then you know he's a soulless psychopath?

Not a novel but My Autobiography, by Benito Mussolini alias "il Duce".

congratulations.

this is literally one of the dumbest post I have ever seen.

good job.

Maybe not cry, but at least think it's pleasant and good:
The sound of waves.

Of you don't like that book you are some kind of evil cuck who didn't like nice things.

Animal Farm Boxer
The House at Pooh Corner when they find out why they can't find Christopher Robin
Charlotte's Web Charlotte

my diary desu

>his heart's been so hardened by modern omnipresent irony that he can't even enjoy the simple pleasures of a crying thread

I know that feel, user.

Greentext it pls.

Perhaps I've missed the point, but there are so many fucking factors to OP's outrageous thread.

>does the person like to read
>can they read
>what do they like
>what don't they like
>will they try to rob you instead?
>what if they are more sane then you?
>what if "Go Dog Go" makes you cry?

The question is fucking inane.

>does the person like to read
Mostly likely not, it's a random man off the street.
>can they read
Yes, we're on the internet so it's America, not India.
>what don't they like
Pain and loss probably.
>will they try to rob you instead?
Irrelevant to the point of the hypothetical so "no."
>what if they are more sane then you?
They might or might not be, what does it matter? We're talking about whether they have the capacity for emotions, not whether or not they're subject to hallucinations or delusions i.e. the question is one of psychopathy not psychosis
>what if "Go Dog Go" makes you cry?
What if it does?
>The question is fucking inane.
No it isn't. You're trying to over-complicate it with irrelevancies. It's a hypothetical, it obviously serves the purpose of answering a specific question so wondering about shit like what the weather's like on that day or if the guy you pull off the street knows kung fu isn't going to serve the purpose of this exercise.

if u werent LITERALLY autistic you would see that the OP was intentionally vague so as to get (you) to respond with whichever question was most important to you.

of mice and men

What if the question was simplified to:

"What book should make an average person feel deeply moved?"

Your random person off the street is fucking stupid and unnecessary.

Good answer desu.

u dense af t.bh f.am

Fucking spoilers, man

>simplified

You didn't simplify, you autist-ified it. It's actually way more awkward sounding now.

The memerphosis of Kafka

of mice and men is bad but the pearl made me bawl in public. i thought he needed the long lead up of east of eden to make me cry harder than of mice and men but, no, he just needed that fucking stupid indian

>In Greek Myth, hell was a man pushing a boulder up a hill every day forever.
>In modernity I carry boxes up and down stairs every day.
>Forever?
>It must have been a fitting punishment, no man could compare himself to the Gods under such a mind numbing regime.
>The de-evolution of man.
>Forced by his own created circumstances to enslave himself and become just another beast of burden.
>If I had any balls I'd be out robbing gas stations.
>It's better to die alive than live dead
>... but look where I am!
>I finish work, I eat, and I have two, three hours until I need to sleep and do it again.
>What kind of life is this?
>And my friends and family are so supportive of it.
>Society would love to see me as castrated and chained as they are.
>At least I have the dignity to despise my lot in life.
>I'd love to fake a debilitating illness and spend my days confined to a hospital bed.
>Because at least then they'd be mine.

My diary is pretty therapeutic. I don't list things I've done (mostly because I don't do much), but it's a nice place to rant against the world.

oblomov

>I woke up this morning and blew blood out of my nose
>Then I laid in bed all day long.

>Being homeschooled, growing up, me and my "classmates" would often compare ourselves to the students in schools.
>The difference was between that of a free man and a slave.
>We had interests, ideas, and grandiose imaginations.
>They where slow, timid, and servile... domesticated.
>Society made them slow, timid, and servile.
>Makes them.
>How many people have been enslaved their entire lives without even realizing it?

>Whenever I sent V- back to her father with bruises on her neck, he'd send her back to me with bruises on her face and arms.
>I miss that.
>Give me a girl who's beaten and sickly, who's eyes speak of unmentionable suffering and who's tits and womb are overripe and cancerous.
>Don't bore me with these bourgeoisie girls.

Mein Kampf.

I can maybe see this working with music but not literature. That being said, the part after the famous intro of Also Sprach Zarathustra by Strauss almost made my cry

>In the Pepperoni Myth Tommy Salami was doomed to eat pizza pie every day
>I masticate daily the aborted fetus of pizza and modernity; the hotpocket
>forever? the costco box sure seems depth-less
>from all perspectives i see but one side;infinite hotpockets
>am i punished or blessed?
>i have all the hopockets i could ever need yet I thirst for something
>oh right my gallons of costco lemonade
>truly it is providence the great deals of costco which have led me to this new eden
>i am a man without hunger, without thirst; daily i lay the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil back at the base of the tree and think, "maybe tomorrow"
>how lucky i am

>>i am a man without hunger, without thirst; daily i lay the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil back at the base of the tree and think, "maybe tomorrow"
Good line.

I'm not sure what the rest of your post is about. Have you never read any Greek myths or what?