There are RELIGIOUS levels of intolerance regarding diet sodas...

There are RELIGIOUS levels of intolerance regarding diet sodas. Mention you're going for a diet option and people go fucking crazy. Why is it that people must justify drinking the full-sugar equivalent?

I prefer diet because I don't have nearly as much of a sweet tooth. In fact, I prefer the relatively bitter taste after having something like a scoop of ice cream, because it can cut the creamy and reset the sweet. I may be a troglodyte, but I stand behind the opinion that Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper is the most perfect flavor combination in soda. I even hate vanilla soda, but for some reason that alchemical fusion is perfect.

i've never met a diet soda drinker who wasn't obese and a woman

plus aspartame gives you cancer

Fat people should drink water, not low/no calorie substitutes for the shit that made them fat in the first place. If you aren't fat and drink diet soda then you just have shit taste...

I've never met a thin person who drinks diet coke - POTUS

The whole point of soda is its sugary taste. Of all the sugar-free drinks there are, diet soda is fucking pointless. Would you order a Chicago deep dish pizza with no cheese?

Hey, you'll get no argument from me about how you should drink water instead. I prefer hot unsweetened green tea, or cold iced unsweetened black tea, but every so often a single diet coke isn't the worst thing. But yeah, the morbidly obese who order a big mac, large fries, and a huge Diet Coke because "i'm on a diet" misses the target so hard it goes in the opposite direction. But then again the same could be said of a lot of the stupid decisions we humans make on a daily basis.

Sugar is what makes soda taste nice. Without sugar, it tastes like shit. Diet soda is nothing but a placebo for people with an unhealthy addiction to regular soda.

You're a complete idiot. Diet sodas have no calories. That the whole point, you moron.

I'm thin, eat very healthy, and enjoy a diet soda once in a while. Now if you want to argue that the diet soda causes cancer or something like that, I'll hear your argument, but most arguments like that are stupid meme science articles.

i drink coke zero for the caffeine
i dont like shitting in the morning to coffee is a no go

Fucking trouser snake...

62 degrees is dare I say the optimal temperature for a soda. it's cool, but not cold
very smooth

Not fat but would be if it wasn't for diet soda.
I go through 4 litres a day. Favorites would be cherry coke zero, peach fresca, and mountain dew. Would like to try some others but my store is quite limited with diet stuff.

I prefer all my drinks warm. 85 maybe

Wtf is it with this Fahrenheit nonsense?

it's called being back to back world war champs

he's got some pudge, he could just be old though

>warm. 85 maybe
the inside of your mouth is 98, 85 would be cool too

Fahrenheit is the superior system for all measurements. There's actually a lot more you can do with Fahrenheit, and it's created specifically for human purposes.
For example, we generally judge air temperatures in decades, like high/low 60's, or 80's. Given a decade, any American can determine the ambient temperature with great certainty.
Also, it can be used to calculate salinity of water, given that saturated brine freezes at 0°F, and freshwater at 32°F. Percentages of salinity are at even intervals between the numbers, so 50% saturation of salt water would freeze at 16°F. 100°F is also the average human body temperature, between resting & active states.
The system is calibrated for US miles as well. Water boils at 212°F at sea level, but for every mile of elevation the temperature drops ~6°F, so if given elevation one can determine exactly at what temperature the water is boiling.
They don't really teach all of this in schools anymore, which is a shame because our system is a source of national pride & is actually very useful to both scientists & laymen. All of these features have no parallel in Celsius, which only has the simplicity of a centigrade system & freshwater at sea level. There's really no reason for Celsius to be the world standard, other than "hurr durr dumb Americans".

>a bunch of dumb specialized shit that nobody ever uses
Water freezes at 0, boils at 100.
That alone makes Celsius more useful for the common man.

it's not hard to understand unless your IQ is below room temperature

Americans use the decade system all the time, especially in weather broadcasts. Celsius by comparison has large distances between degrees, such that 26°C and 30°C are much more different than say, 72°F and 76°F. Fahrenheit is definitely easier to use in everyday life, I wish they used it here in Europe.

>Diet sodas have no calories. That the whole point, you moron.
Ever heard of water, fatty?

It's a shame I have to limit by options for arbitrary reasons.

I'm not a huge fatty and vastly prefer Pepsi Max to all alternatives just because it tastes better. It's significantly sweeter than regular Pepsi without leaving a weird sugary film in your mouth.

My options certainly don't feel limited. There are plenty of low calorie drinks I enjoy, including water, but the chemical jew is something which only tastes good with sugar, and thus something to be enjoyed in moderation. If you really do have the self control to only drink coke occasionally, drinking the sugary variety isn't going to harm you.

I enjoy regular soda more than diet soda, but I still enjoy some diet sodas and I can drink them more regularly and not have to worry about adding extra calories.

Now if you want to get into a discussion about the chemicals being bad for you, i'll listen. I care more about turning into a fatass though because that science seems to be settled.

obviously a shoop as there was no such thing as diet coke in the 60s

>Fahrenheit is the superior system for all measurements.

Yeah, that must be why all scientists and STEM use Celsius, mongoloid.

I use kelvin, sen pie

fahrenheit DOES make more sense for cooking, though

>t. confused leaf who uses both

Yes created specifically for human purposes because Celsius was made for aliens.

Americans are used to different measurements from the metric and the imperial system used by the British Empire.

C
O
L
O
N
I
S
E
D

pepsi max watashi like です

Diet soda tastes fucking weird, and tasting good is literally the only reason to drink soda over water anyway so if I'm going to drink something not particularly good for me I'm gonna go all in and get the kind that actually tastes good, I'd rather just drink water than drink diet coke with its weird chemical taste

Because, for some reason, people view it as "hypocritical". Most of the time while drinking soda, you're not exactly eating a particularly healthy meal, so people think of a diet soda as a really bad attempt to salvage the unsalvageable (the classic joke being the fatass who gets three extra large burgers with fries and a diet coke like says). Some people, however, take into account. I've known perfectly normal-weight people who regularly drink diet sodas. If they drank normal ones they'd definitely be fat.

Can we all just agree though that Dr. Pepper tastes like raw ass?

Fuck aspartame.

Yeah, I have noticed a huge misconception among the retard populace when it comes to diet soda. It's like that meme of a person ordering a McDonalds meal with a diet soda. These morons can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that some people simply prefer the taste of diet soda. The sugar-laden sodas taste terrible and have a thick syrupy consistency to them that I can't tolerate. Diet soda just tastes like flavored carbonated water to me which is very light, tastes great, and pairs well with most meals.

That's useful if you need precise measures of heat for water, as in science, but in a day-to-day weather sense "it's 100 degrees out" has a bigger impact than "it's 40 degrees out."

Similarly, "it's 0 degrees out" seems to me to be overstating the mildness of 32 F, while 0 F is exactly cold enough for you to go "godammit that's very very cold". 0-100 F is a decent humanly livable range that communicates itself inherently in a way celsius doesn't and has pleasantly small units.

retarded american logic at it's finest

I'm defending it emotionally, which clearly presents a bias. It's useful to know both but I wouldn't want to switch to celsius for day-to-day life, unlike the metric system which has actual directly useful applications in things like cooking.

My range doesn't show a range of temperatures on the knob, and my oven's temperatures go higher than the usefulness of freezing-boiling. I just don't see any actual superiority outside of lab conditions and not having to memorize the number "32" as a freezing point.

I wish low sugar soda was popular in america, like the lemon soda at ikea. Actually it would be great if there was low sugar options for everything. instead we get shitty tasting cancer soda or full blown beetus soda.

Get flavored seltzers and pour in honey or simple syrup to taste.

I think people who are drink a lot of soda are addicted to three things: Caffiene, bubbles, and sugar.

Diet drinks have 2 of those 3 things, and after awhile you become accustomed to the odd aftertaste. Most people who want to justify the full calorie version are doing so because they drink soda in moderation, and see no harm in just going for it. Many diet soda drinkers are already obese and really don't need the extra calories and sugar, but are still addicted enough that they can't switch over to just plain water, due to the lack of bubbles and caffeine.

Also, diabetics? I'm surprised nobody mentioned this.

Yeah I already mix la croix or water with juice often, I just wish everything wasn't so god damn sweet to begin with. that soda at ikea is perfect