Does Veeky Forums like classical music?

Does Veeky Forums like classical music?
Who are your favorite composers?
Favorite pieces?
Where/when/how do you listen?
Do you listen when working/studying?

"Classical" in the broad sense: baroque, romantic, 12-tone, not just classical era.

pic related, it's the greatest musician of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QLj_gMBqHX8
youtube.com/watch?v=Yh36PaE-Pf0
youtube.com/watch?v=nHO4Ucw9zL4
youtube.com/watch?v=cxlf-ZmE8JI
youtube.com/watch?v=9efHwnFAkuA
youtube.com/watch?v=aYJDFfB4rhM
youtube.com/watch?v=JWqxPp6SvMw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I mostly only listen to their biggest masterpieces.

My favourite composer is by far Mozart, sometimes I listen to Mozart when I'm playing hearthstone as it raises my IQ by an average of 6.3 points.

I listen to classical music when I'm studying as well, but not when I'm reading. I'm autistic and can't focus on reading words and listening at the same time

>Does Veeky Forums like classical music?

No.

I actually think it is the most pretentious bullshit to listen to songs from even 20 years ago so you can imagine how I see as burning autists the people who listen to music from like 500 years ago.

Literally go out and lose your virginity and you will stop liking that bullshit, faggot.

Don't really listen too much but would like to get into it. I enjoy Chopin and Vivaldi, any recommendations?

Bach is like Vivaldi but better
youtube.com/watch?v=QLj_gMBqHX8

Chopin was the master of what he did, but if you want to find piano music that builds on his, but came later and is more complex try Debussy, Liszt, or Scriabin.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yh36PaE-Pf0

youtube.com/watch?v=nHO4Ucw9zL4

it doesn't matter who you think you are, if you listen to this music you are an entitled piece of shit

Listen to this. Stop being a brainlet for five minutes, and really listen closely.
youtube.com/watch?v=cxlf-ZmE8JI

Yeah, I listened to some of it and it sounds good but holy fuck just get your head out of your ass and your dick inside some pussy.

I really hope this is like your secret thing you do to hide your insecurities and you don't actually tell anyone in real life that you listen to fucking ancient virgin music, please.

>hey guys xD, I know calculus better than you because I read principia mathematica, straight out of newton's ass edition lol I'm such an intellectual

That is how you would sound.

>Literally couldn't sit still and listen for 5 minutes
>Thinks this somehow has to to with anything other than music

the weakest bait
>Bach is like Vivaldi but better
stronger bait...

>So guys, what music do you listen to?

>Oh, I listen to jpop
>I listen to kpop
>I listen to punk rock
>I like pop music!

You:

>Oh, I like the classics you know. It is just so much refined. The music of the nobles basically. I wouldn't call myself an intellectual... but actually I would. I read that listening to classic music increases IQ :)

>Bach was a literal alien. You know how some athletes are so good that they kill their sport? That was Bach, he killed Baroque. No one is or was ever going to create better baroque music than Bach so they just started a new era of music right after the period he died. Only Mozart matches is sheer brilliance but lacks in everything else.

>Uses other peoples perceived opinions to justify listening to faggot kpop

Andres Segovia, grandfather of the modern classical guitar.
1893-1987
youtube.com/watch?v=9efHwnFAkuA

You shouldn't listen to classical music when you're studying, you're doing music a disservice by focusing on something else, and music has to be listened to, not ignored. I listen to classical music usually when I'm shitposting or browsing the panda because neither of those requires much mental energy at all, so I can focus on the music.

Art is to be appreciated, OP, in the same sense that I wouldn't eat a $200 steak prepared by a master chef really quickly while I'm doing my fucking math homework.

Segovia was a fantastic pioneer and made many great contributions, but he's not the greatest guitar player in my opinion. He plays Leyenda a little slow.

I would say Bream has the best version of Leyenda
youtube.com/watch?v=aYJDFfB4rhM

OP here, I feel exactly the same way. I study in silence or sometimes put on ambient music. But I usually listen to classical music before I go to bed when I can pay close attention. I think anyone with more than a passing interest in classical music eventually comes to this conclusion.

>tfw I study to the ambience of mexican construction workers screaming at each other in their stupid poor people language

This. I even play rock and roll and other brainlet music while driving because you can't listen to Berios' cadenzas doing anything else

Please get out of sci or out of highschool

Best thing to do is listen to something in another language while driving, so for what bits and pieces you do pick up, you are learning a little, and it's not like its a work art you're missing out on if you miss some. I prefer Mexican corridos when I'm driving, and then I look up the words I don't know at stoplights. It is maximum learning efficiency.

Recommendations for anons:
>Anacrousax - Coatl
>Bach - Gavotte en Rondeau for solo violin
>Bach - The fugue from the BWV 1001

where can I download free classical music?

Hadn't think of that. Sounds great, thanks user

Sometimes is complicated but
>Search for the album that contains the music you want and then search for the album on google
>Search on torrent sites and SEED afterwards if you dd download something
>Google Play Music and iTunes have good libraries for "classical" (academic or whatever you want to call it) music, consider subscribing on a sale to test it out, in my opinion is worth it.

Not quite free but you can get HUGE collections of classical music legally for $1 or a few dollars on amazon mp3, just search a composer's name

I dont like when performers wear clothes that are not designed to be subtle. I believe it makes the performance less about the music.

>corridos
absolutely disgusting.
This is why people don't go back

Fuck you I'm about to fuck my bitch to Requiem on Wednesday

youtube.com/watch?v=JWqxPp6SvMw

>pretentious bullshit
What's funny is how ironic it is for you to post this. In fact its incredibly pretentious and narcissistic to think that all the best music, and all the music worth listening to, was created in the last two decades.

I'm confused as to how someone so closed minded can find any pleasure in science, which requires to you continuously challenge your assumptions.

For studying I like baroque music. Specifically some Albinoni oboe concertos.

Never before on Veeky Forums has someone been able to fit so many logical fallacies into just two posts. Someone get this guy the retard of the year award. No need to wait until the 31st, I think we can hand it out now.

I listen to Philip glass

Thank for contribution. $100 have added to your account. :)

I mean musically it's not the best but it's just about as complex as most rock and roll and I'm learning another language (very slowly, I know) on top of that.

Sure.
There is been no music since Mozart.

shit tier bait

Lel, it's exaggerated for effect. Sure some Beethoven is fine, and some by Chopin too. But nothing is as consistently good as Mozart. There's been no innovations that significantly improve on his music.

I actually like Mozart. M i plep? Wait.. I don't care. I like Mozart

Bach is good too. He thought he was the Newton of music lol

No offense to Bach, his music was quite good, but seriously... lol

Arrogance is what happens when you have too much unwarranted social support

>Bach
Best composer after Godel and Escher :^)

gotta love liszt liebestraum no. 3 in A flat
and satie's gymnopedie no. 1
and chopin's nocturne no. 2

Falco

> Rock me Amadeus

Good taste.

Check Gavotte avec Six doubles from Rameau.

You can download Morzart, Beethoven and Bach complete works from torrents.

Impressionism a best

I like to listen to John Adams when solving problems/writing.

I also like Abba, Dvorak, Beethoven, Brahms, and Artic Monkeys.

Got to be