Be young and successful American

>be young and successful American
>eat out every day
>eat almost exclusively at chain restaurants

Why? I see a ton of youtubers that do this. You live in the US, world capitol of consumerism. You can find hundreds of incredible non-chain places to eat at instead of always going to fucking Chipotle and Cracker barrel or whatever the fuck.

When I visited the US I tried Chipotle and it was fine, nothing special. I also tried a non-chain Mexican/taco place and it was literally a hundred times better.

It's so bizarre to me as a European with limited options despite living in a big city. You can eat better food with almost no additional effort but instead chose to eat generic trash.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darden_Restaurants
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because fast food service doesn't require tipping.

Most people on this planet are fucking retarded and a lot of those retards are also mean.
You need to learn this.

Why would someone that can afford to eat out every single day care about tipping a few bucks?

chain restaurants have optimized their process 100 times over. anytime you go you are guaranteed essentially the same (quality) thing, and quickly.

what most people don't realize is, "small businesses" and or independent restaurants need to supply their inventory, and they need to cut costs doing so. they don't have "corporate" sending them premeasured, perfectly formulated bags of tested sauce that everyone loves. think of all the copyrighting that goes into the smallest aspects of chain restaurants.

I'm saying that local places will often be running to the grocery store, or switching things around, their margins are so slim they need to cut when possible.

its just less of a convenient, optimized, perfected, reliable package in general....they don't have near the advantages of franchises

Its not as fast and its not as convienant
You know each time what they have and what to expect and its not a gamble deciding what you want from a place youve never been to, sure thats the same with every new place you go to but its not as intimidating to shy people i/e Im a shy person without alcohol but going to the same place where a large portion of the population have been to and enjoyed makes choices easier

Principle

>You can find hundreds of incredible non-chain places
>When I visited the US
Let me guess you flew in to a big city?
Well, you visited the wrong part of MURICA OP. Most of our country is dominated solely by various chains. The industry churn and margins are such that good small Mom & Pop establishments are actually pretty rare, especially those that open and can manage to not shut down in 3 years.

This.

I live in the second largest city in my state, and even then, my options are extremely limited. Yeah, we have a lot of local places, but they're not fast casual. They're all sit down joints. If I'm on my lunch break and need to grab some food, I can't go to one of the local places. I have to go to chain fast casual place.

My assumption is that it must be even more difficult to open and operate a fast casual restaurant, than it is a standard sit-down restaurant. Making it even less likely a local place could do it. My city's options certainly are slim pickings.

OP here. The replies to this thread have made me reconsider my stance to some degree.

Chipotle was a poor example. I was more thinking about chain places where you sit down, like Chillies, Olive garden, Applebees, Red Robin, Red lobster etc (not sure if all of those are sit-down)

Well, a lot of good points have already been made in regard to sit down places. Consistency, lower overhead, etc.

I would add to that list: promos/coupons. At least twice a month I get a shitton of coupons in the mail for Red Robin, Applebees, etc. Really great coupons, too. 50% or better in a lot of cases. Chain restaurants are also able to whip out promos and LTOs a lot easier than small, local places. Once again leading back to lower overhead/better opportunities through a corporate system.

Money is a huge issue for most people. A good promo item or coupon is enough to make a lot of people opt for a burger at Red Robin, over the local joint which will cost them more. And in the end, for most folks, cost > flavor/quality.

Almost nailed it except robin

This is a smart answer here

>Olive Garden & Red Lobster are considered fine dining in my city
Maybe I should just invest in Darden Restaurants, Inc. stock and give up
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darden_Restaurants

Yeah, I understand but my original question was in regards to people that are well-off enough to be able to eat out for lunch ever day. It seems strange to me that you'd be rich enough to eat lunch in a restaurant every day and still depend on coups and shit like that. I might be wrong, no clue

suppose it's a different mindset too.
Yuro dining doesn't go gor optimisation or convenience, theirs more of an element to have a conversation and meet with friends in restaurants.

If you're a family with a couple of kids, You're destined to eat at restaurants with banjos and other junk hanging on the wall. Kids like chains - the food is the same every time and they thrive on repetition.

I tried man. I was the consummate foodie. I married the same. We ate great for 11 years.

Popped a kid out and we were like.. this kid will have a varied diet. He will eat what we eat. No tendies. No fries. No junk on the wall.

We fed him things with exotic spice arrays all though his early years. Curries, anise, saffron, all kinds of peppers, various levels of heat and he crushed all of it.

Well done, we thought.

Then he turned 3. "Ewww thats gross"

it's just easier to eat a a shitty chain and make it thru a meal in relative peace.

Aw, dammit, my kid'll be 3 in a couple of months. I was so hoping this "eats everything we do" phase would continue indefinitely, but I guess there's no such luck.

And if your kid decides to have a meltdown at least you aren't ruining someone's nice dinner. People expect that shit in "family" restaurants.

>Kids like chains - the food is the same every time and they thrive on repetition.
I found they'll happily repeat good restaurants ad nauseum too, as long as they're going to the same place, eating the same thing. My go-to was a corner Korean restaurant we could walk to. "The usual" was kimbap, miso soup, and bibimbap. Repetitive but so much better than tendies.

it took 11 years before you finally had a kid? your son probably has autism

yeah but when you travel and your korean place isn't there... you wind up at Chilis. Then they see Chilis near your house and remember the lights and the fucking salt and they lose it. they LOSE IT.

OR a kid at preschool talks about it. The same shit happens with Thomas the Train, Peppa Pig and Daniel Tiger. he had never even SEEN tv. I'm one of those assholes that has the TV set up in the basement, not the living room. You have to make an effort to go watch it. then one day he's taking about daniel fucking tiger.

I'm glad you can make it work with Korean and god bless you for as long as it lasts. But it's coming.

oh, you mean like you?

>yeah but when you travel and your korean place isn't there... you wind up at Chilis

No, when you travel you use your resources to find another local sort of place. Ask the relatives whom you're visiting, the concierge at your hotel, your smartphone, whatever.

lol that works great if you're visiting your relatives in Brooklyn. Not if you're visiting your relatives in like 90% of the united states.

face it man. it's coming.

wow great comeback fag

enjoy feeding your son tendies for the rest of his worthless life

I travel a lot for work. I've never had a problem finding local places anywhere in the country. restaurants are everywhere, user.

At least he's managed to reproduce.

>youtubers
Found your problem

This. Even if you're talking a road trip through middle america you pass mom-n-pop sorts of places all the time. Lots of roadside diners, BBQ joints, you name it.

>insulting some random guy's 3-year-old kid on a Hmong bricklaying forum
You're definitely autistic m8
He didn't need to work that hard for a comeback when you make it so easy

after more than a decade of putting it off, probably because his wife was too busy with her career (and her/his boss)

Man, pol has really fucked this place.

I'm sure you're a credit to your local community and society in general, capable of forming adult human relationships.

A submissive 10/10 virgin wife who will serve you unquestioningly is being delivered to your door AS WE SPEAK.

>le ebin /pol/ boogeyman

maybe reddit is more your speed?

>le gb2 Reddit xD

You sure got him.

the cuck meme came from /pol/. It's just a fact

I don't understand how they keep escaping their containment board. They're like some form of vermin that you just can't quite completely exterminate. Bedbugs? Cockroaches? Sort of like those.

OP here. Yep, no kids for 11 years. Two careers working till 7:30 or so each night and socking away cash for retirement. Then we settled down at 36. Hardly atypical in the 20xx's

But hey, if it makes you feel better to insult my toddler because he's like every other toddler and wants to eat a loud restaurants, be my guess.

And okay, , I'll take the pepsi challenge. I had to travel to Flagler, CO for work. Brought my wife and kid. Find me your korean hole-in-the-wall that has kimbap. Find me ANYTHING that doesn't have a banjo and a couple fishing rods nailed to the wall.

Or my dad - he lives in the booming metropolis of Hanson, Massachusetts. can you track down some bibimbap there? Shit they don't even have Crab Rangoon.

you're obviously the guy that made the shitty omelette in the stainless steel pan. Well the jerk store called and they're running out of you

/tv/ actually

>Hardly atypical in the 20xx's
sadly