Any tips or tricks to improve my overall pizza game. Anything really, doesn't matter how general or subtle/specific

Any tips or tricks to improve my overall pizza game. Anything really, doesn't matter how general or subtle/specific.

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/01/cooks-illustrated-thin-crust-new-york-ny-pizza-recipe.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I dunno, just don't eat the entire thing in a single sitting like I did once. Unless you like shitting your ass out for 3 days straight.

you're a manlet or a woman if your digestive system can't handle a whole pizza

Well it was a Dominos pizza so it might have actually been food poisoning. I had fever like symptoms and vomited during those 3 days too.
What I'm trying to say is that Dominos is nasty.

OP here, I meant more in the actual cooking and preparation of the pizza to make it taste better

Try adding black olives, anchovies, and fresh tomato slices.

Broil it on max heat for the last 2-2 1/2 minutes it's in the oven.

thats on you

Put cheese in the crust.
Use different cheese on the pizza- mozzarella, blue, gouda etc.
Olives, jalapenos, mushrooms.

traditional neapolitan pizza all day every day, fuck the disgusting grease bombs americans call pizza these days.

Embrace the fact that pepperoni and pineapple are the GOAT combination. Also, go for the thinnest crust available.

how about adding herbs/garlic into the dough?

Try experimenting with different seasonings in your crust dough. I feel like this is something a lot of people under utilize. You may end up not making a classic pizza but you can get pretty funky with shit.

Put some honey on your dough

it's all about the dough. make a good dough and it doesn't matter if your toppings are half shit.

No.

Get a pizza stone

Here ya go: seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/01/cooks-illustrated-thin-crust-new-york-ny-pizza-recipe.html

And 'chovies. Seriously.

That recipe will not produce a thin crust. This is a recipe that will (pic related) and it will be very flavorful.

2 cups AP flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup warm water
1 tsp EVOO
1/4 cup sourdough starter

Mix flour and salt. Mix water, EVOO and sourdough starter. Add to dry ingredients until dough comes together. Knead 8-10 minutes. Sgape into a circular disk. Lightly oil bowl at least twice the size of dough. Place dough in bowl and tightly cover bowl with plastic wrap. Leave at room temperature 3 hours and place in refrigerator at least overnight and up to 24 hours. Roll or pull out to deasired shape.

That recipe will produce garbage.

100% AP Flour
70% Water
2% salt
0.2% yeast

Let that bulk ferment in the fridge for a couple days but keep it moist and under seran wrap so it doesn't dry out. Saltiness and flavor is key in a dough.

Crank that oven to maximum power level and preheat your stone.

>that recipe will produce garbage
>shows a thin crust profile with nice pockets of air.

I love how everytime I post real pics of my cooking, sperges come in and say they can do better, but never post pics.

Why would you say that? Because you're too incompetent to get a sourdough starter going? Lel, learn more, incompetent. Once you've tasted sourdough pizza, you'll never go back. Not only that, it's yours. You can give the recipe but it will never equal yours because of the strain of wild yeast.

>plebe who thinks he knows something detected.

Oven at maximum, fan if you have it.
Use a stone and leave it in a good half hour after the oven has hit temp.
Make your dough the night before and keep it in the fridge, let it come to room temp before knocking it back and shaping it.
Don't roll the dough, make a ball, flatten it with your hand and then pull/push it outwards using the heel of your hand to form a rough disc.
Put your mozzarella in the freezer for half an hour before slicing.
Blot your mozzarella with kitchen paper to absorb excess moisture.
With sauce... Less is more.
Use polenta to make the pizza liftable.

Friday's night is pizza night. Shittake whole wheat pan pizza.

There it is

Look at any italian tutorial(better if from a neapolitan)

Reading serious eats helped me a lot. I mean, I don't follow the recipes exactly (kenji is total autismo) but helped me understand the processes behind pizza making

Nobody gives a damn about your pet yeast bucket in the fridge. It's not unique. It has the same yeast as everywhere else. I wouldn't feed your brittle ass pizza to my dog let alone take a picture of it. Preheat your oven and jump in it.

Solid advice here, OP

Put olive oil on after I comes out of the oven. Maybe try some unique toppings, like pit cold cheese on top after it cooks

Try a blend of cheeses. Mozzarella/fontina is great and so is feta/mozzarella.

Don't put basil on the pizza before cooking. Once it's in the oven it will just overcook it and not make it taste very good (in my opinion). When it's right out of the often just put the basil on it and let the heat from the cheese warm the basil it's by far more tastier and makes for better presentation.

Lmao roasted