If the moon landings really happened then why don't a lot of people believe it did?

If the moon landings really happened then why don't a lot of people believe it did?

How can millions of people be so wrong and a few scientists and astronauts be right?

Why waste time on Veeky Forums, OP?
Your parents are sad.

Why are you here then

Superficially compelling evidence such as weird shadows and hatches being too small for astronauts.

flag,wind, the fact that you would die in space?

>Superficially compelling evidence such as weird shadows and hatches being too small for astronauts.

There is no evidence, none, zip, nada... that compels anyone but the laziest airheads to even consider that the Moon landings didn't happen.

Those who present "evidence" are charlatans who have no other accomplishments in life, and find a need to build a following by tearing down a great human achievement with absurd nonsensical claims.

>the fact that you would die in space?
Which of course is why the astronauts travel in space capsules.

>millions of people

[citation needed]

> If the moon landings really happened then why don't a lot of people believe it did?
Some people just like to think they're smarter than the "experts", and will latch onto anything to sustain that belief.

"Anti-reason" (where you start from a desired conclusion then cherry-pick "facts" and discard any conflicting evidence as hoax, conspiracy or whatever) seems to be quite addictive, because it means you're automatically right all of the time, with no effort involved.

And the evidence shows that presenting such people with more and stronger evidence just convinces them further as to the depth of the conspiracy (why else would everyone be so desperate to "brainwash" them).

Face it: the Age of Reason is over: moon landing, AGW denial, anti-vax, Trump. The people have woken up to the fact that no-one can actually force them to accept that 2+2=4.

Graph starts off a bit too steep. And I'm not too sure that confidence ever starts to go up again (the more you actually know, the more you know that there is to know). Also:
> Nobel prize in psychology

There are many reasons. The timing coinciding with moon landing movies and the moon landings being disseminated through a television. The distrust in media especially since 9/11 works retroactively. Suspicion of NASA and occult influence in the organization, in particular Freemasons. Technical issues with putting people on the moon, precisely leaving orbit, not just today but in the 60's and why haven't we returned to the moon since?

Personally I think they went into orbit but that was all. The rest was assembled in a television studio. I also suspect the Mars probe footage is manufactured here on earth.

>No nothing

You are the only one in the thread so far who can answer OP and yet you didn't. Why not?
I would love to hear your reasoning behind not believing we went to the moon or Mars.

The only thing you sort of bring up is "Technical issues with putting people on the moon, precisely leaving orbit, not just today but in the 60's". What do you mean? Why does that trump all the other evidence that supports us having gone?

Not being sarcastic, am genuinely interested and you're the only one here of that opinion so far.

The simple answer comes to down to:

People believe what they want to believe. You can convince some of the truth, but some won't listen.

That is all there to it.

I just made /thread.

Because a lot of people are just that fucking stupid.

A lot of people for some reason believe that humanity is incompetent and can't do anything. They're probably the same people who think that aliens built the pyramids and Stonehenge.

>projecting this hard
Those people are indeed incompetent. Doesn't mean everyone else is.

>why haven't we returned to the moon since?
There have been several trips to the moon since 1969. Nothing really recent but that's because the moon is a barren rock with no real reason to go there since they already got plenty of rocks from it on the other trips. The only reason to go there was to prove that we could and to get samples, both of which we did.

I think you misread my post or I'm misreading yours. There are several examples of people wanting to attribute human achievements to either alien beings or to them not happening at all as if humanity is incapable of doing anything. At least in regards to very far in the past this could be because people think humans back then were somehow different mentally than humans today.

+1.

9/11 was still controlled demolitions tho.

I miswrote mine. I'm not disparaging you.

I remember as a kid, Fox (the network NOT the fake news channel) aired a moon landing hoax hoaxumentary. Just the fact that someone probably still living approved that made me lose a little bit of faith in humanity. I still carry that burden around with me today.

>tfw my crush's bf believes moon landing is fake
H-how can she be with someone this stupid? ;_;

Ad hominem

What was the problem with that post? "Charlatans"? They are the textbook definition of "charlatan" though

He has made the very common mistake of confusing an insult with an ad hominem

Nice.
Also, wouldn't the USSR have called b.s. if the moon landings weren't real?

Probably the strongest single argument against it being a hoax is: how do you convince that many people (including the USSR) to keep quiet about it?

Of course, that doesn't work with the deniers because they don't understand how much of it can be independently verified. They assume that because they don't know how to e.g. pinpoint the source of a radio transmission or calculate orbital parameters, no-one else on the planet does either. Dunning-Kruger strikes again.

I wonder if Russia still has classified documents where they go about verifying the moon landing by the US. I'm sure they tried several times to disprove it at the time.

>If the moon landings really happened then why don't a lot of people believe it did?

if science is so easy to understand why don't a lot of people understand how they work?

In short, who cares what stupid people think?

No because they're in on it too. Part of the global elites agenda to push round earth.

>in on it
everyone's in on it but me

Implying you exist

Well I have my reasons but will admit haven't spent a great deal of time investigating it because life is short. Life is also a stage. The frontier of space may really appeal to some and that's fine, I really enjoyed the Hubble pictures and whatnot but I just can't believe humans have left orbit. Not a big deal but I find it curious why some people get so upset when something accepted as "fact" is questioned considering history, almost everything we have known as "fact" was proven wrong sooner or later. Why would we think today should be any different?

To answer your query the only evidence people went to the moon was some television shows, some pictures and of course some moon rocks which could have been scooped up right here on earth. In fact many samples have gone missing which makes one wonder, with modern geological analysis they may have proven to be far too similar to earth rock and perhaps even traced back to their source formation with some accuracy raising serious questions?
The Mars rover is suspect for the same reason, you can't believe what you see this day and age that's for sure. Maybe it's just a falling out of trust between myself and very large cryptic organizations such as NASA!? I spend far more time looking into anomalies and questionable narratives right here on earth tbqh famalam. I know there are a lot of people into space and the final frontier these days and perhaps that is a healthy thing, I just hope they are not being led down a garden path is all.

There are mirrors on the moon that you can shine a laser at and have it reflect. If you want to take the time you could probably do it yourself but I doubt you care enough to confirm it.

>Well I have my reasons but will admit haven't spent a great deal of time investigating it because life is short.
Could've stopped there, that really told me all I need to know.

With that kind of willful ignorance and straight up sloth, what in the world are you doing on Veeky Forums of all places?
And

> I'm sure they tried several times to disprove it at the time.
If there was any evidence that it was faked, or even a chance that it might have been, they wouldn't have kept quiet.

But they were well aware that it was within the US' capabilities; it was roughly within theirs, but a couple of hiccups meant that they either had to delay or risk an embarrassing failure, and once the US got there, it wasn't worthwhile. Success would have been a reminder that they came second, and failure would be worse.

Better to just play the "it's not like we wanted to go to the moon or anything" game, given that they were ahead of the US on pretty much everything else.