Anyone else hate when fake-smarts try and appear intellectual?

anyone else hate when fake-smarts try and appear intellectual?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rRmv4uD2RQ4&t=4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>needing to own people

the worst is when they read some popsci article on a difficult subject like QM and think they are the shit

tho that comic is relateable as fuck, that feeling is the fucking best

You mean like this thread?

i hate it when smart people try to appear intellectual.

the true sign of smarts is explaining something difficult to someone stupid

I hate when stupid people do just about anything, dawg.

No true smarts is letting them be wrong and feel right except in certain circumstances where discussion is appropriate. Even then, you just ask pointed questions and let them feel they came up with it independently

I kind of like it. Makes me feel like less of a sperg, watching someone else make an ass of themselves.

My favorite is when some jackass in a YouTube comment section debate reverts to overly formal language when they're cornered. Like they think they're dropping five-syllable smoke bombs.

Reminds me of when I was twelve. Warms the old cockles.

My biggest pet peeve is when people seem to think some random hick figured out a new system that all the other physicists could never figure out, or were in some great cabal actively hiding it.

That stupid BR water powered bike thing is a recent example. The idea was that using electrolysis it extracted hydrogen from water, which it then burned with a combustion engine. You could then "refuel it" by pouring in more water.

It was such a waste of time trying to explain why it's fucking retarded.

this fucken thread m8

some are trying to show off, but some are legit autistically unaware

when I was in high school I used to take great joy in shit-tier physics/math puns, and everyone around me seemed to like it because they all knew what I was talking about.

I realized how cringe that was a couple of years into college.

bump

I don't get the joke on the shirt. Absolute bra?

I used to be really pseudo intellectual and cringy, especially to make up for my lack of effort on grades. However now that I am older, I realized how little I know and how it's worth questioning what people claim as "science" when you yourself haven't done the math and research behind it.

I get a really good kick out of atheist pseudo intellectuals
>blindly believe what somebody tells you without having read any of the source material except some extracts
Sounds like an atheist or pop scientist to me.

Everyone points to science as some end all answer to religion when most scientists don't give a shit. Like the two are mutually exclusive or something.

>op implies he's truly smart
ok m8

Intelligent people tend to question their intelligence. Where as stupid people tend to assume their intelligence, often unaware of their inherent lack thereof.

>me(smart)

>Like the two are mutually exclusive or something.
Many religions make claims that can be subjected to scientific tests. The fact that "you can't prove god DOESN'T exits :DDD" does not mean that other outrageous religious claims get a pass. They never stand up to scrutiny.

yes

But see, the moment a religious claim becomes falsifiable, it ceases to be a matter of faith and becomes a matter of scientific inquiry.

By definition, religious claims are faith-based, and by definition, a claim based on faith is one that is not based on evidence.
Belief based on faith is mutually exclusive with belief based on evidence.

If you've ever heard someone referring to "positive statements" versus "normative statements", they're referring to the same distinction.

I love being pseudo-intellectual.

It's a basic part of being male

>mfw I've never met a really smart person who said they were really smart
Then again they don't really talk to me at all

I only hate it when they get away with it.

This, it's a cartoon, there are ways to depict these things visually.

>you mean something like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=rRmv4uD2RQ4&t=4s

Jeez I cringe everitiem I watch this, and it doesn't help that he's the head of my country

Yeah I'm sure Donald "I'm like, a very smart guy" Trump would school him with his "great brain"

>it's a basic part of being male
It's a basic part of being a boy. Men feel no need to prove their excellence to those lesser than them.

Sometimes admitting you don't know about it can be smarter than pretending you do know

>using a strawman to call out strawmen

holy shit doesnt he have a PR guy to stop him from saying stupid shit like that...

the sad part is that they are cheering him, indication that this is more than they expect from a politician