Repetitive and overrated: the book

>repetitive and overrated: the book.

>being a faggot the post

>having 0 taste: the reply

I would not assign any worth to McCarthy's works after Blood Meridian.

They are pulp, lacking depth. Easily ignorable.

>They are pulp, lacking depth.
Having a man named Ely saying "There is no God and we are his prophet" is the deepest thing Cormac McCarthy has ever written in his life.

"It's too popular so it must be shit" - you

This book literally has zero pretentiousness. Calling it overrated would be cruel, because you can't "overrate" poetry. You probably think it's repetitive because you expect something "big" to happen in the story, that would be unrealistic. McCarthy tries to avoid suspension of disbelief to make this book a truthful form of art instead of an entertainment.

>Shitty and unoriginal: the comeback

DELETE THIS

>the book has zero pretentiousness
That is only logical since your reply contains all of it.

I have no son of my own, the thread.

The book is good maybe not great but good with or without children of your own but as a dad it's something special. You don't have to be old or a parent to enjoy it but you do have to get off your high horse briefly and use your imagination a bit too.

I personally enjoyed that book a lot, it really hooked me and I was very invested in their journey. The ending was pretty crushing to me.

But of course taste is subjective.

Why is Veeky Forums defending this book? I thought summer was over by now.

Blood Meridian also sucks

What book does Veeky Forums approve then?

wtf I hate autumn now.

Americans.

All of YeCarthy's cobtillas are shit.

Nice one.

I think one could draw certain conclusions based on the popularity of The Road vs the popularity of Suttree. One is easy and forgettable - everyone loves it - and the other is less accessible but more rewarding, the better book.

>you cant overrrate poetry
What kind of bullshit statement is that?

Would love to know, even in a sentence, why you think so. Maybe you are a superior literary critic to Bloom.

It's a good entertaining book. It's both frightening and touching. I enjoyed it.

These are the pretentious posts of the thread and can be safely disregarded.

While some of his work may be lacking in substance, I wouldn't necessary write-off all of it as pulp. How are you measuring his worth, exactly? And what qualifies them for pulp?

This is the pleb post of the thread and must be mercilessly mocked

Reminds me of the 'fun is a buzzword' meme back in the day. I read to enjoy myself.

Consider kys.