Post the shittiest literature you were forced to read in school

Post the shittiest literature you were forced to read in school
>dude DDR LMAO

Garbage. Salinger has no discernible talent.

Ostrovsky, "Thunderstorm"

Agreed, I really don't get the boner people have for this book

realism. It's a very realistic and beuatiful depiction of a wayward teenager. Holden is a tragic character. The prose lends to the character very well. It's somewhat subtle at times, even with the language that gets used.

>I good an actual, non meme-y answer to my post
This can't be Veeky Forums

Yeah that was shit. I love symbolism, and Cisneros seems to be able to use it in the most annoying way possible

Oh boy, another dystopian YA contemporary fiction novel!
And appropriately titled!
The part where Raphael shat and pissed himself after getting his ass beat was pretty funny though

It's very Beckettesque you wouldn't understand

I'm sorry you didn't like it but Edith Wharton is a great writer. Maybe high school was the wrong time to read it.

we had to read these urban YA novels about black teens, fuck i wish i could remember what they were called

"A Separate Piece"

Hands down worst book I read in high school.

>>Nothing endures, not a tree, not love, not even the knowledge of the title of the book you read.

Other than the contemporary identity stuff thrown in there (see: ) probably Tess of the d'Urbervilles.

In eighth grade we read Chekhov and Poe and everyone loved it.

My ninth grade English teacher decided Chekhov and Poe were boring and made us read this instead.

Yep, this.

I thought it was great at the time, and then I grew up.

If anyone is the least bit tempted to say The Scarlet Letter I suggest you reread it post-high school. It's masterful.

I don't remember how it was called but some shitty young adult novel about a kid that that did drugs wow so edgy. No surprise I only started reading when I was 25.

I don't think this merits a new thread and this looks like the best place to ask this:

I trying to start reading again so I'm using Veeky Forums's recommend books list. I started and am almost done with The Stranger. I'm at the trial right now.
What's good about this book? Doesn't seem so impressive to me. Can somebody break it down so I know what I'm supposed to be appreciating? Thanks.

I know you're trolling me, but my jimmies are V E R Y rustled.

>Beckettian

My diary desu.

The Hobbit

This was the last book we read in Senior English.

Which starter kit are you using?

This one. Saved low quality, don't know why.
Is there something wrong with this?

The Awakening

why tf is one hundred years of solitude on there

everything is illuminated

This fucking shit.
In eleventh grade.

>No Hemingway

the bean trees

In grade 11? The fuck I read that when I was in grade 5

Grade 12. What a goddamn tragedy.
Still to this day the worst book I've ever read

A Separate Peace
fake and gay

your teacher is a cruel, cruel beast

Ethan Frome

Not even a /pol/tard, it just sucked as a book.

Not trying to be a /pol/tard, but I've heard that most of this book was completely fabricated. Now I don't know if the source comes from stormfront, but I've heard this from enough places where it made me even start doubting the authenticity of the story.

It was both fabricated, and promoted the assault of German/Polish peoples. A line written in Yiddish that said something like 'and we raped local (non-jewish) girls' to 'and we slept with local girls'.

Both are hard to believe given they were skeltals, so it's fabricated and a powerfantasy.

>"GUISE CAPITALISM IS EVUL FUK DA RICH PEPUL"

Bloom disagrees

omfg

im laffin

This is actually a very good and deep book
if your'e a 5th grader

Holes was fucking awesome.

Your teacher should not have his job. That's a children's book.

deal with it.

Yeah this was shit. It still makes me laugh tho because one of my classmates drew the dead baby shot in his head as part of his presentation.

Twilight

but how?

Fucking torture.

If any german faggot mentioned Schiller i will flip