Is the "too" unnecessary in this quote?

is the "too" unnecessary in this quote?

Semantically yes, but removing it changes the rhythm significantly.

It gives a better sense of reciprocation. He is arguably being positive about those few times when she did love him.
Anyway...
>translation

no. Implying that you loved someone doesnt mean they loved you as well.

This. Removing the "too" takes away the sense of her love being a response. I personally don't think there's any translation issue here though, because it's already based on the "I love you" -> "I love you too" response which is idiomatic in English-speaking culture.

loved me back

Oh, okay. I'm just being dumb.

No you're just being a memer trying to fit into boats culture.
>foreign author quote in English
>it must have been translated
>translation are bad and for plebs
>I must call OP out
Guess what you memer, if you learn another language and read a book in that language, YOU ARE TRANSLATING WHAT YOU ARE READING INTO YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE

No, I was just defending myself from attack. In case what I said made no sense in translation. I admit I should have just done the research.

I don't know who that is but I like the quote.

Or how to reverse image search, apparently.

I know how to do that. I just didn't. And I didn't ask someone to tell me.

Still liked the quote.

well technically "i love you too" is incorrect in that when you tell someone you love them, they should actually say "i love you back"

I personally don't see a problem with the quote. In spanish the poem follows a metric so that's why you might find the translation clumsy.

>i love her, albeit she loved me too

>Guess what you memer, if you learn another language and read a book in that language, YOU ARE TRANSLATING WHAT YOU ARE READING INTO YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE

Besides specific words, i haven't exeprienced this

kys

you are right

when someone learns a new language, they read in that new language, they dont translate to their native language.

sometimes I read an article on the internet, and a few days later I have problems finding it again because I dont remember in which language I read it.

is that comma bothering someone else?

It is now.

no

>"Yo la quise, y a veces ella tambiƩn me quiso."

horrid translation, OP.

> YOU ARE TRANSLATING WHAT YOU ARE READING INTO YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE

Absolutely not you fucking moron. Well done, you've triggered me.

How can one be so wrong?

>YOU ARE TRANSLATING WHAT YOU ARE READING INTO YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE
That's not true, you stupid gringo.

>2016
>not being bilingual

Top let, muy riendo

Neruda isn't necessary

t. Mexican Pynchon

There was some pop, or rnb, or disco song. I dont remember, having some Neruda poem as the lyric (in english). Does anyone knows what song it is?

There are probably dozens you little shit eater.

but this was a classic song. Female vocals btw.

rude, albeit understandable