What do you guys put in yours? I usually do a cheap cut of meat, some onions, potatoes and carrots

What do you guys put in yours? I usually do a cheap cut of meat, some onions, potatoes and carrots.

>sauce mix

Learn to spice faggot

Me too. I go pretty heavy on the onion. I've been using venison lately, since it's kinda gamey, and the curry does a good job of hiding that. I also add extra cayenne, or chili pepper for maximum sinus devastation.

Stop being a faggot faggot.

OP, we usually do a cheap stew of mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, celery, green onion, and peas. Then we do lamb stew meat and ground lamb. I didn't grow up with curry, and from what I understand that isn't traditional.

BUT GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKER do my friends put it down.

some grilled onion and tomato. i use curry powder, cheyenne, paprika, and salt. nice dry heat, goes very well with rice. i throw in some canned chicken too and let it stew.

Maruchan Ramen. Just an entire fucking pack of it.

Whats the best way to make it spicier? I get the hot ones but they arent hot enough.

Only faggots eat curry without bone

Make it relatively spicy and add a single cubed apple near the end.

Its impossible to tell the cooked potato and apple apart. So most bites are spicy but then you sometimes get a sweet bite. Makes the dish more interesting to eat

So whats on the picture then.

dude i remember 1-2 years ago the regular hot was spicy as hell, perfectly balanced between heat and flavor. now even when i get the extra hot it's no where near as spicy as before. they probably started skimping on shit.

i have to add a good amount of cayenne to get the heat up, but it doesn't taste quite right

Heaps of onion cooked down, then throw in cubed kangaroo meat. Add water, cook for a couple of hours, then put in potato and carrot diced quite small. Cook for another half hour or so, then throw in the curry roux for the last few minutes. Delish.

Stopped adding meat to save prep time. Now I just add onions, carrots, and sliced bamboo shoots.

>Golden Curry

I like to put it in the trash

I usually just sprinkle in a homemade dried pepper blend. You could dice up some chilis or cayenne instead, gives you a nice, fresh heat but not all peppers are made equal. A lot of people swear by sriracha, but I think there's only so much of that you can use before it starts to alter the flavor of the curry.

The best option is to make your own curry from scratch. The bricks aren't bad but they just aren't as good as homemade.

I use the extra hot Golden curry because it has the most flavor. I cube a few chicken breasts and do exactly what you do, onion, carrot and potato.

Chicken is only good in Japanese curry if you marinate it in yogurt first

coulda fooled me

This. Chicken is shit in Jap curry and that's why they usually use pork.

You've obviously never had it with marinated chicken. Or beef, or pork, or basically any other meat since they all taste better than unmarinated chicken

Thai curry is better
Especially with coconut milk

step it up 外人 use a better brand kokumaro or java or even vermont are 10x better than golden actually s&b brnad curries in general suck house are always better

>breasts
use thighs at least if youre gonna punish your curry with chicken

My grocery store only cares mild and medium-hot, I need to order some of the hotter ones to try them out. The medium-hot is good, but it could be a lot better.

I usually use pork shoulder, onions, carrots, potato and slow boil for 1-2 hours. Then add the cubes at the last minute and season with dried laver powder and tarako or spicy mentaiko depending of which is available.

Thai curry is better without shitty coconut milk

>cheaping out on the most important ingredient in the curry; the meat
I swear this board has gone down the shitter in the past 2 years, attracting all kinds of low life subhumans.

In a few international groceries I've seen "Vermont" curry. What is this referring to? I lived in Vermont for 21 years and never heard of this.