What is pier review? And what does that have to do with science?

What is pier review? And what does that have to do with science?

I think you meant peer review spaz

Pier review is the science of categorizing and analyzing piers. The different styles of piers, their attributes, rates of decay, etc. It is one of the most well respected sciences which is why pier review journals dominate the publishing landscape.

My city has a great pier. Tons of sea lions, a boardwalk, and even a roller coaster. If you don't think those have anything to do with science, you've never scienced.

A pier review is when a group of scientists gather to review someone's papers for publishing. The term pier review came about when foreign scientists arrived by boat at the pier to review with the local scientists and for convenience did it at the pier. Nowadays a true pier review is done on ceremonial occasions for especially important papers.

If they go to a bar to review its called a beer review.

Theres no snow in Saudi Arabia this year, its just not that cold.

However extremely important papers which need to be rushed to publication (such as high impact letters) will be reviewed immediately, in what is known as a here review.

Thanks for the serious answers, I revere you brainiac people.

Who's the spaz now? Bitch.

>OP picture
>We'd like it a little colder
>Canada
>No thanks

pier review is a branch of civil engineering that only focuses on rating piers from 1 to 10

Sometimes a paper will be reviewed pressed right up against the original author or authors, in what's known as a near review.

OP here. Would pear reviews be theoretically possible as well?

Are you the same brainlet that started the climate change thread?

I'd guess that's kind of the point of such things as the FDA and such, though they probably just check for market quality/safety, could be pear enthusiasts like wine tasters perhaps somewhere in the world.

>When your all peers are liberal retards and think global warming exists and/or is man made

Prove it. Seriously.

yes of course

>Wants to have a serious discussion on peer review
>Spells it wrong
>Why does noone take me serious :((((
Really makes you think

We're having a serious discussion about piers and pears, brainlet

are you on the spectrum? srs question

>Thanks for the serious answers, I revere you brainiac people.
How did you think anyone would be able to resist? We are just grateful we never got a rejection from pier review.

Wiki has something about it. Briefly: unpaid, anonymous reviews by the peers of the authors. There is "prestige" and a whole lot of work. Just no money. Like in research generally.

That is why we all would like our own piers.