I really want to make the perfect home made fried chicken...

I really want to make the perfect home made fried chicken. Im looking for tips on fried chicken without regards to health. Simply the best fried chicken you've ever made or ate. Include in your reply tips on brines, breading (w/ or w/o spices), cuts, oil choices, and temperatures. McChicken recipies welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GsyjNef2ydQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rGrqW3nx5HM
blog.ruhlman.com/2010/10/how-to-brine-chicken-quick-brine-recipe/
youtube.com/watch?v=wmvHgL-bcNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7UEIBdMyj9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

my grandmother makes really good fried chicken

its not some american recipe bullshit either

this is classic hungarian recipe used for generations

the approach is simple:

1. get a plate and put flour in it

2. get a plate and put egg yolk in it

3. get a plate and put bread crumbs in it

4. take your raw chicken meat and soak it in the yolk, flour, and bread crumbs

5. put it in frying pan with oil

give it a few mins. done. thats as good as fried chicken can possibly get and anyone that tells you otherwise is a retard with no culinary experience so just ignore them.

nigger

>thats as good as fried chicken can possibly get and anyone that tells you otherwise is a retard with no culinary experience so just ignore them.

Good post

Brine in pickle juice, dry and dip in flour, dip in buttermilk/egg yolk, then dip back In a flour with seasonings of your choice, and fry in peanut oil

>get chicken tenders from Costco
>bake for 1 hour
>serve with honey mustard

>no salt
>no spices
>best fried chicken ever

Oh man, that's funny as fuck!

Ok dude I have never done this but hear me out

I bet this is how you do it good.

Flour (seasoned with tons of shit like they do at KFC), eggwash, panko. but do that like THREE times so it has TONS of fucking batter all over it, then fry it.

I don't use salt or seasoning when cooking it because the sauce I eat it with is just that. It's the same reason I don't salt or season my scrambled eggs. I eat it with hot sauce which is literally sodium and spices

Google 18th century fried chicken. Fucking delicious stuff. I like using a deep fryer for my fried chicken, but thats mostly because i got it as a christmas gift.

That's viennese fried chicken.

Great stuff.

You don't have to put spices on everything. You just can't taste properly anymore due to the forced cum swallowing.

I'm sorry you were raped.

That's still a shit recipe. Egg yolk, flour, and breadcrumbs. Also, only retards who don't know what the fuck they are doing dip their chicken in egg before dipping in flour. The whole point to the flour is to get the egg to stick. Did you consider not everyone wants to cover their chicken in nigger sauce? Good fried chicken needs nothing.

>this is the best fried chicken recipe in existence
>it's bland and flavorless so make sure to add a bunch of sauces when you eat it

Fucking breadcrumbs...

Just because I was passed out when your mom rode my dick doesn't mean it was rape.

Goddamn, OP, you are getting some seriously bad advice here. To make the best fried chicken ever, it takes patience, but it's worth it.

1. You need to cut up a whole chicken, don't buy chicken parts. When you cut up a fryer yourself, you get younger chicken, which means more tender meat. Also, you can cut it properly, which includes cutting the "pulley bone breast". It's a technique that gets you three pieces of breast meat instead of just two. You should be able to google that.

2. Brine your chicken for at least 4 hours or overnight. Brining will help keep the chicken moist and add flavor. You can brine it in numerous things. My great grandmother and grandmother always used salt water with seasonigs added, but my mother used buttermilk, and I've used both salt water and buttermilk and pickle juice. Just don't forget to add seasonings to your brine. I usually add some cajun style seasonings.

3. Frying in Lard is the BEST. It will give you the best, tastiest crust. If you really don't want to use lard, use peanut oil.

4. When you are ready to fry, get out 2 pie pans. In one, add egg and either buttermilk or regular milk and whisk together. In the other, add 3 parts flour and 1 part cornstarch, plus any seasonings you'd like to add. Dredge the chicken in the egg/milk mix, then in the flour, and put on a baking sheet. Place the dredged chicken in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the crust to actually adhere to the chicken.
Take chicken out and dredge in the flour mixture once more.

5. Use a frying thermometer so you make sure that the fat stays at 350F. When you add the chicken, it will dip down below 340F and then rise again. Do not let the temp go over 360F. Turn chicken as needed, but don't turn too much or you risk breaking the crust.

6. Drain chicken and place on a wire rack over a baking sheet in the oven at 200F to keep warm and crisp while you're frying the other pieces.

Any other questions, I'm happy to answer.

here's a tip: southern fried chicken doesnt have breadcrumbs.

use pickle juice for your brine. the next day, seasoned flour -> buttermilk with some hot sauce in it -> back into seasoned flour, press down until the flour seems dry, let sit on a rack for 10 minutes then deep fry at 350-365 until its done.

Finally! Someone who knows it goes in the flour before the fucking egg!

t. Fast food shit poster

but the egg isnt necessary.

You're right, you can also use buttermilk. You still need something to make the breading to stick, and you should always coat your chicken in flour to make your wet dip stick.

I don't eat fast food. I also love hot food. It doesn't change the fact that food should be perfectly seasoned on its own. Not seasoning fried chicken is just dumb. I take that back. Not salting your pasta water is dumb. Not seasoning your fried chicken would make a retarded person call you a retard.

Came here to post exactly this

youtube.com/watch?v=GsyjNef2ydQ

OP this stuff is fucking incredible. Follow the recipe to the exact letter, and it will come out spectacular every time.

The parsley isn't optional btw, brings it up to a whole new level.

You sprinkle salt on top afterward, numbnuts.

Why do you need 3 different plates? And how long should the meat soak on each plate?

This sounds like all too much, not good enough to not just go get kfc.

oh fuck, my bad! That makes it a perfect recipe then!

Don't make that recipe dude. It's shit. Make this one

Instructional video:

youtube.com/watch?v=rGrqW3nx5HM

This is objectively a terrible recipe. There is no seasoning and not only do you use breadcrumbs but you don't even follow standard breading procedure and for some retarded reason do egg then flour, then breadcrumbs.

>the perfect home made fried chicken

For me the mcchicken is the best

Op here
This is the type of advice i was looking for. I actually follow matty mathesons recipe and brined it for two days in pickle juice (much longer then his) and then buttermilk for one. I used a whole chicken for just fried chicken and then skinless thigh peices for chicken sandwhiches (which came out strait delicious) but i feel like my breading and cooking time are off. For the sandwhiches i was aiming for a chik-fil-a taste and something was off but the pickle brine and buttermilk is the way to go.

ignore anyone who says to use breadcrumbs they're retarded. do what this poster says
if you want it crispy the important thing is to really press the flour onto the chicken. try to cake as much onto it as you can, let it sit for a few minutes, and then shake off any loose flour before you drop it in the oil. it should look all cracked and lumpy before you cook it.

This is just good in my head, so roast me if it'd be shit.

First we brine that bitch in some kind of garlic flavored brine.

The egg wash: Hot sauce, buttermilk and sour cream.

The flour: paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and what ever spices you'd like, mustard powder could be okay, salt.

The bread crumb: Rosemary, thyme, parsley, chili flakes and cut up bacon.

Not sure if deep frying low, then high, would help, but eh.

I'm just a hungry dieting man wanting unhealty chicken. god end me.

also for the flour make sure you pat it down. if you dont want to crumbs, just put the things I listed in the flour. should be fine.

>what is delicious fresh breadcrumbs you can smell from two miles away
chicken? ha those are actually the main part.

Or just follow this user. I just put flavors cause I'm sad. user actually know the tech that I was too lazy to type.

>breadcrumbs
>on tendies
stop recommending this REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dip your chicken in buttermilk, and then roll in seasoned flour.

You can season the flour with just about anything. A little garlic and onion powder, paprika, pepper, and lemon salt is my go-to.

Deep fry that shit and garnish with biscuits.

1) buy a fryer size chicken 2 1/2 - 3 lbs.
2) google Ad Hoc or thomas keller fried chicken.
3) here is ruhlmans recipe for a quick brine.
blog.ruhlman.com/2010/10/how-to-brine-chicken-quick-brine-recipe/

fry dark meat at 320F and white meat at 340F

Do it that way exactly. Ruhlman gets most of his information from pro chefs like Thomas keller (7 Michelin stars) and translates them for the home chef. Here's a video of how to properly cut up a fryer for fried chicken. (again starring ruhlman)

youtube.com/watch?v=wmvHgL-bcNQ

as always....enjoy.

I've never tried pie pans for dredging... many thanks, user.

Best post in this thread.

i use breast cuz im lazy and dont want to put in the effort to eat around bones
-toss in flour/salt pepper/paprika/cayenne
-toss in egg
-toss in panko/asiago cheese/bit of parmesean
-fry briefly
-bake @ 350 F until reaching internal temp of 165 F
-make some green beans toss in olive oil/salt and pepper while i wait
-the fact that i have chicken in the oven completely slips my adhd mind
-gorge self on green beans
-end up being too full to eat chicken

white person detected

>implying black people aren't even worse at cooking
Their idea of spices is just dumping hot sauce on overcooked food

>I've never eaten food cooked by Black people in my life

>this is classic hungarian recipe used for generations

Looks like every other breaded chicken recipe to me, champ. Just that that'll taste like wet newspaper due to no salt.

Chicken pieces. I was an adult before it occurred to me that I could fry pieces other than the drumstick. Anyway, chicken pieces, buttermilk, Ziploc bags. Add a bit of the milk, salt, pepper, add chicken, refrigerate for 10+ hours. Not more than 18.

1/2" vegetable shortening in a large Dutch oven, 350F. Get a lid and a screen.

AP flour, either in a paper bag or a big bowl, dredge the chicken and then introduce it to the oil skin side down, DON'T CROWD. Lid on. Five minutes.

Check to see if anything is sticking or burning, adjust if so. Lid on, another four minutes.

Turn chicken pieces, cover with splatter screen. Four minutes, check, another four minutes and you ought to be at 160 internal.

Remove to cooling rack over half sheet pan. Actually paper bag material wicks away fat the best. PEPPER THE CHICKEN AS SOON AS IT'S ON THE RACK and do it like you mean it.

Fried chicken. Yum.

"Bit of the milk"?

BUTTERMILK.

You're confusing black cooks with nigger palates.They are not mutually exclusive.

Peanut oil is great for fried chicken. Use high heat, really fry the shit out of your chicken. Thin strips work the best I think, more surface exposed to tasty breading and oil, they cook more quickly too.

Olive oil and mayo dipping sauce, vinegar, maybe some lemon juice plus black pepper and other seasonings. It has this amazing smell and flavor that goes really well with fresh hot chicken.

I do that as well except I cut the flour with instant mashed potato flakes. They give it a really nice texture. Either that or do it Korean style with a wet cornstarch/flour/vodka batter to get a really thin but super crispy coating.

I always knew you fu/ck/s couldn't cook, but this thread seriously opened my mind.

OP do a double batter, first season the bare chicken with a little salt and pepper before you start prep.

The first batter is wet, milk, eggs, and buttermilk. Season this with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and some herbs like thyme or rosemary. I often use some lawrys season salt as well cause its easy but its up to you.

Second batter is flour and pretty much the same season, the wet batter should be pretty thin, and not as heavily seasoned as the dry one.

You dip the chicken in the wet, then the dry, and fry in half safflower, half peanut oil, take it out when its golden brown, and if its not done finish it in the oven at pretty low heat, otherwise the outside will tase burnt and ruin the flavor.

Add flour to the wet batter as well, thats why its a batter forgot about that though.

>marinade chicken 24 hours in buttermilk and hot sauce
>season flour
>double coat chicken
>fry in lard
>make mashed potatoes and homemade gravy along with veggie of choice
Bon Jovi Teat!

Everything you said has already been mentioned in the thread, except the shitty batter, which has no place in bone-in fried chicken.

youtube.com/watch?v=7UEIBdMyj9g

attractive video that shows how to fry chicken

Fuck, thank you. It took me a good 5 seconds to realize I wasnt looking at dog shaped fried chicken. I got a good chuckle.

you just need to season some flour, dredge the chicken pieces really well and throw it in a pan of hot lard or cooking oil.
if you dredge it well enough and bump it to knock off just a little excess you will come out with beautiful soul food style fried chicken.
no need for batter or double or triple dredges.