How the fuck do I explain to my normie parents that what I'm studying, computer science...

How the fuck do I explain to my normie parents that what I'm studying, computer science, has nothing to do with basic shit like make slide shows of pictures or making babby's first website for whatever god forsaken reason that they need. And I try to tell them that anyone can learn it/do it using basic sites, yet they claim that if I can't do it, then why am I studying what I'm studying.
Point is, parents don't understand that I don't give two shits about that piss easy shit, so how do I get them to lay off?

"It's like math, not really using a computer, I make programs and that's different than using programs. Like how building a car is different than driving a car"

Seriously, autism.

>so you're studying cawmpyutas at college huh user? you seem smart. how come you couldn't invent Facebook?

how 'bout you stop being a shit kid and help out your folks.

Just help them out, user. If they could deal with your autism you should at least deal with some of theirs.

If you're studying Comp.Sci you're assumed to be computer literate enough to do the tasks you just described. You getting mad at them for asking those questions is like a math major getting mad at their family asking them to explain algebra. Try to just be nice.

why don't you help your parents with that menial stuff tho?
you sound like a shit son

So user, can you hack my ex's facebook??

To tack on to this, it's like i the math major came from an uneducated family who never had the chance to study even basic mathematics.

Actually been asked this

>He pays money to sit in front of a computer all day.

You can't. This is your life now.

Whats with normies and facebook? Im a chemical engineer and at least 5 people in my (small) home town have told me
>Hay user, your so smart, why haven't you made something like a new Facebook to get rich yet?

Just explain the importance of algorithms. That should be enough to convince them that
1. what you're doing is different from making websites and
2. CS is probably too hard for them care to understand

And I don't mean start delving into neural nets and shit like that. Just explain stuff like the Traveling Salesman Problem and where it applies in real life.

Post code to github. Send them that. Tell them that's what you do. Tell them to leave you alone.

Or alternatively you could just not give a fuck and move on.

Or even better. Do what they ask you to do since it's simple.

>they claim that if I can't do it, then why am I studying what I'm studying.
They have a point.
You really should have a good grasp of the basic operation of a computer.

>what I'm studying, computer science

! Your major has nothing to do with science or math

>Getting PhD in computer science
>"Why do you need a PhD user, you basically just do tech support right?"

>Get a PhD in CS
>Have to spend the rest of your life dealing with undergrad CS brainlets

Theoretical computer science? Computer vision? Please stop this meme. CS can be rigorous if you go to the right subfields.

>Still shilling the "CS is a meme" is a meme meme

>it's all hard math
>demorgan's law
>A*
>bayes' law
wtf I hate my own field now

I thought computer '''''science'''''was all about turning computers on and off?

>being a cuck

Hi, chemfag. Reminder that you are nothing more than some random medfag's little bitch.

Please take your nucloephile dick and shove it up your electrophile ass.

-t cs/math major

Pretty much this. Also prepare for others to think you know everything about IT

He pays Dean Shekelburg to learn da math when you could just buy the textbooks online