Celebrities who love exquisite cousine

THE SALT IS IN THE WINE

Fucking Christ, that shit's gay af.

what a couple of pretentious twats they both are

>what is perspective

wait is that fred durst?

>cousine
Retard.

I can't tell whether the worst thing about this is the guy's salt method or DiCaprio's fucking toothpick.

>current year
>not using a toothpick for fashion purposes
pleb detected

>What up!
>We're three cool guys

At least he's not sitting there on his phone like the other faggot.

Is it just me, or did Leo not age very gracefully?

He's turning into Nicholson.
Meanwhile Brad Pitt is turning into Robert Redford.

>global warming is killing the planet
>supports one of the biggest greenhouse gas emitters, the meat industry

fred dicaprio

Remember when limp bizkit was the bestest singer around?

they hardly even mentioned the meat industry in the movie

They're getting fat.

>hat on at the dinner table

If you don't think the worst thing about this image is the guy on his phone then you're out of touch

How do you know he's not just opening up the camera application so he can take a picture like the guy who took a picture of him?

Pretty sure you're the one who's out of touch if you think it's bad form to have your phone out during a meal.

>implying that is in any way better

Found the fourteen year old

How is it not? You're in a restaurant that partially thrives on the atmosphere, with friends, and you're interested in what's on your fucking phone that you probably saw earlier?

Don't you know the age old saying that you should leave a room that you entered with endless details? What people were wearing, commentary on conversation, the ambiance, traits of those you were talking to, etc.

it's not my fault that you're so out of touch you can't think of something to talk about or bring up that isn't on your fucking phone screen

Yes, I'm triggered. I'd fucking hate eating with you, I bet you'd try and show me something lame on Instagram

Do you really think what you have to say is more interesting than the internet?

>someone else who remembers table etiquette

i think it's funny that people are shitting themselves over the phone thing when obviously his hat is what's worse. like, both are gauche, but the hat is pretty egregious.

haha cool guy

finally, other people that think like that. Personally just wearing any kind of headgear inside is just both stupid and impolite

>stupid and impolite
Do you really get upset when you see someone wearing a hat indoors? Why?

I wear a hat and sunglasses any time I'm not at home. Why does that bother you so much? If I saw someone else doing the same, I wouldn't even think twice about it.

i'm pretty sure superstar celebrities get a pass for anonymity
the phone is definitely worse in this situation

Hats being worn indoors is a sign of not wanting to get comfortable and stay a while. Up North I don't think anybody would even take note of it, but if you're eating out in a really southern state, somebody will notice because it doesn't line up with their hospitality. If you're sitting down to eat you're kinda supposed to get comfortable and take your time and wearing a hat indoors is the antithesis of that

>Up North
You mean the part of America that isn't backwards and uneducated? The part that actually contributes in significant ways to the culture and economy of the rest of the country?
I guess it stands to reason that southerners would chimp out whenever they see someone wearing a hat indoors. Might make them feel self conscious about their white hoods.

making someone feel uncomfortable about wearing what they want is the antithesis of hospitality

Up north it's considered rude too

Maybe by old ladies and republicans, but not anyone whose opinion actually matters

fuck off

i prefer to go bare ass bottomless with a wife beater and birkenstocks but i get that it's socially unacceptable

t. skid 22 year old whose parents didn't teach any manners

Nothing like a nice little logical fallacy to keep yourself warm at night

t. went to public school

>can't be bothered to identify the fallacy
pseudo intellect pleb

um, i live in washington state, and plenty of older people and people who were raised by older people think it's rude. plz don't be a "that guy".

i'd generally agree, but a lot of people don't mean it in an impolite way nowadays so i can't really judge people for it.

a lot of etiquette nowadays is gone, and i'm kinda okay with that. i just like maintaining a lot of the practices because i personally like being respectful, but the trappings of "polite society" are bullshit anyway.

>older people and people who were raised by older people
outdated retards?

don't be stupid user. lots of people are raised by grandparents, plus the culture in washington is lowkey scandinavian. being polite and showing respect to most people is just a thing we do, even if we don't really mean it.

it makes us come off as kinda cold, which is kinda intentional.

Etiquette is for boring people who want to waste their time learning to act in a manner they wouldnt normally.

Its rude to wear a hat indoors? I bet youre one of those cunts that goes upto others and tells them they are wrong for not following the rules of your narrow world view.

>Its rude to wear a hat indoors? I bet youre one of those cunts that goes upto others and tells them they are wrong for not following the rules of youre narrow world view.

no, not at all. also i wouldn't mention the hat thing, because i'm not a pedantic asshole like that.

>Etiquette is for boring people who want to waste their time learning to act in a manner they wouldnt normally

i'd agree for the most part, but i personally enjoy treating people with respect. lots of places in the world treat people like they're shit, so when i meet someone i want to show them that i appreciate them enough to treat them with respect. it usually makes them feel special, which i like doing.

by and large etiquette is bullshit tho, especially with all the rules about how you're supposed to eat things and shit.

Okay I get what youre saying, just seems hypocritical to know Etiquette is bull but still use it, I see it as, would you still be treating people well if you werent taught too? If the answer is yes why follow some arbitrary rules of speaking or acting when you would just treat people well anyway? If no, obviously why bother at all.

Also nobody deserves respect for no reason user.

That guy sure has a lot of salt on his forearm

>Okay I get what youre saying, just seems hypocritical to know Etiquette is bull but still use it

eh, i see it as being akin to stuff like remix "culture" or "re-appropriation"(i know there's a political context to that, but i earnestly don't mean to be super political here). i like some of the trappings, and it's something that's still widespread enough that it doesn't put people off when they encounter it.

>I see it as, would you still be treating people well if you werent taught too? If the answer is yes why follow some arbitrary rules of speaking or acting when you would just treat people well anyway?

i don't follow a lot of the speaking rules because fuck that, but i generally like treating people with respect. a lot of it comes from the fact that in the modern day, we see a ton of people talking about "the loss of respect" and how "people are less kind and empathetic". i'm gonna sound like a massive wuss here, but when i see a lot of the horrors that go on in the modern world today, sometimes it's just nice to treat everyone with respect. at the very least, you're less likely to be hurt. a lot of it is more about wanting to make as many people i come into contact with feel respected.

it's really fucking dumb of me, but it's one of my retarded little hobbies. i realize how fucking fedoralord i must sound rn.

>Also nobody deserves respect for no reason user

eh, but it's nice when you can just respect another person. you can respect the fact that they're this amazingly complex bio-mechanical wonder that just happened to appear at a similar spot to you.

>we see a ton of people talking about "the loss of respect" and how "people are less kind and empathetic".

News flash my friend, This is humanity, not the times.

well, isn't that more of a reason to treat people with respect? if part of the basic human condition is that we need that kind of validation, then i'm more than happy to treat people with respect.

i know it sounds horribly naive, but why not treat people well right? it's not like it hurts. i mean, i have horrible social anxiety and i still manage to try and treat people well.

>everybody getting triggered over the phone usage

you don't go to this restaurant and have the living meme do his salt-sprinkle to NOT take a picture of it. You can make some special allowance in this case for phone usage while the guy is doing his thing. I'm sure he did that pose several times just for more photos.

>He's turning into Nicholson.
Holy shit I can't unsee it.

>Leo magic.jpg

I don't get it?

he totally is tho, but with a side of orson welles.

> know it sounds horribly naive, but why not treat people well right? it's not like it hurts. i mean, i have horrible social anxiety and i still manage to try and treat people well.
It's horribly naive that you think everyone has the same principles, ethics, or morals. One person's greeting is another person's faux pas.

>i know it sounds horribly naive, but why not treat people well right

Because its the fastest way to being taken advantage of.

i don't tho. i'm fully aware of stuff like that. besides, all you need to do to see that people don't give two shits about each-other is to turn on the news for 5 seconds. we're all so busy screaming at each-other about how "wrong" the other side is and scoring points with whoever agrees with us.

i meant my statement as an explanation of my personal philosophy, and that no matter who you are you deserve respect.

well yeah, but people are naturally predatory assholes. that's why i generally don't go out of my way to be nice to people who don't at least sort of appreciate it. i'm not a complete doormat.

So you're telling me you sit at a dinner table inside with a hat and sunglasses on while you eat?

Who are you, DB Cooper? You wear a little mustache too, help hide your secret identity?

Why use a knife and fork? Why use plates? Why pay for the meal? Why cook the meat? Why season it? I mean none of these things happened normally, they're just inventions, social norms we created that helped create our modern human identity - like etiquette.

Do you say please and thankyou? Do you say excuse me when reaching across someone? Do you apologise when you bump into someone?

>Also nobody deserves respect for no reason user.

Manners are free user, and will serve you infinitely more than refusing the most basic and perfunctory acts, as opposed to try and making some kind of personal stand for no reason other than your own priggishness?

>that no matter who you are you deserve respect.

I dont know when this meme started but the saying actually goes, "Respect is earnt, not given."

>Do you say please and thankyou? Do you say excuse me when reaching across someone? Do you apologise when you bump into someone?

Pleases and thankyous is something nearly everyone is raised to do. You dont have to be trained in etiquette to have basic manners that everyone has.

there's a difference between that kind of respect and treating someone with respect. like, just because i'm polite to you doesn't mean i capital R respect you. i respect you in that i know that i feel nice when i am treated well and i want you to feel nice by treating you well.

politeness is a sign that i am welcome to respecting you, not that i immediately respect you with the full connotations of the word.

Politeness and Respect are two different things user, just as the basic manners that everyone has and etiquette are.

Etiquette = manners numbnuts. This isn't which fork to use with which course or how to properly open an artichoke heart. Would you sit down wearing a raincoat if you just came in from the pissing rain?

No. Etiquette is not just manners, Etiquette is a strict guideline in how to act and speak In many different situations.

Manners are saying please when you ask for something and thankyou when you receive something.

>Politeness and Respect are two different things user

obviously, but you can't say that being polite to someone isn't a sign that you respect them. politeness is a way to open the door to respect.

>just as the basic manners that everyone has and etiquette are

see, at this point you have to do the chicken and the egg thing. a lot of western, especially american, views on basic manners comes from a hodgepodge of victorian etiquette and shit like courtly manners from various european sources. like, sure, as of right now the basic western manners are a far cry from any of those systems, but they're inherently based on said systems.

Oh shit the threads getting ja/ck/ed, somebody say something ontopic.

His voice in my head automatically fills in the audio for this clip.

The bass is like a deep tissue massage of my soul. Fuck.

Trent Reznor in South Korea

I get it - the "Do Unto Others" thing. I tend to approach people open and honestly because it's too much effort to be looking into subtext all the time and broadly people like it

I definitely feel my life is better for being polite and accommodating because people return the favour - either trough a similar process or because they're forced to through social pressure

Don't be afraid to tell people to fuck off if they deserve it though

Why is no one pointing out the SALT IN THE WINE?

what is that fuccboi up to?

I like you.

he probably did it to stay low key

imagine being assaulted by fanboys every time you go to eat

would be better if it was north korea aka best korea

Waiting for his Milienialfu to get off fucking instagram so he can pump baby number 5 into her.

If you're in WA and you think this is rude you're way east, like, almost Idaho, nobody on the west side gives a shit about this. People wear beanies all day erreday over here.

In Seattle, where it's properly civilized, It's cold and wet outside, and yes, it's warm(er) inside, but I also didn't give a shit about my hair today so fuck right off telling me I'm rude for wearing a hat. Let me drink my ten dollar coffee and pretend I'm reading some intelligent shit on my phone when I'm really just looking up 4/20 subreddits in peace

Not him, and hardly relevant, but fuck that sociological pseudoscience bullshit. Do you really have to refer to it as a strawman? How stupid is that? "The fallacy of false authority", that class actually made me angry, why put ten dollar phrases on simple concepts? Do we really need to research and label this in a way that seems to intentionally alienate the common man? It's a logical fallacy, sorry I spent my time doing something important and not memorizing your flamboyant phrases for the different types of horse shit people spew.