I'm quitting my engineering degree (3rd year) to study psychology. Specifically aiming for a PhD in clinical psychology...

I'm quitting my engineering degree (3rd year) to study psychology. Specifically aiming for a PhD in clinical psychology. Maybe one of you autists will be under my care. So say nice things about psychology ITT.

lol fag

from a fag to a huge fag. nice

I have another year after this one, user.

How much does a Psychologist earn?

Psychology is an MRS degree.

Depends on what you do. 38000 Danish krones per month is the average, so roughly £4500, $7500, or €5300 per month. I'm not doing it for the money.

clinical psychology phd's are some of the most competitive things on the planet, like 1:10 of people in a year get onto a course, let alone one at a good institution.

The fact it's so oversaturated with women will make it far more easier to find work. Male clinical psychologists are in demand.

You either chase your dreams or die with regret, user.

Holy shit dude 5.3k euro's a month. All you do is listen to depressed people and give advice?

That's a conversion from Danish currency before taxes, it will vary from country to country obviously.

psychology != science

Humans are a lot more complicated than inanimate objects my friend.

cognitive psychology ftw
it's peoples own fault that they suffer.

introduce the scientific method to the field and maybe youll get the nobel prize for psychology.
how come they never thought about this?

You know what would be fun.

Get a nice sample of psychologists who have been publishing for 5 to 10 years and then group them by IQ.

Then take their most important papers and try to reproduce them and then go one by one and see how often one of the psychologists just outright makes shit up.

The again group the data by the IQ of the researcher and you will most likely find that the papers that cannot be reproduced (have made up data) came from the lower IQ categories.

Then conclude that to save psychology you need to just deny entrance to brainlets. Like when people sign up for undergrad they must take an IQ test and if they score less than 130 then they are denied because there is too high a risk they will be a p-hacking, data manufacturing brainlet.

But it does use the scientific method, but since you're dealing with people things become a lot more complicated. I would say clinical psychology is the most scientific, which is one of the reasons why I want to go down that path.

Most psychologists are not researchers, they work in the field. Creating a 130+ IQ barrier would create a huge shortage of professionals for hospitals and so on.

psychologists give me the meds that help manage my OCD, so that's nice

>and see how often one of the psychologists just outright makes shit up.
not many of them

the problem with psychology is bad experimental design and poor theory, not corrupt researchers

From Cancer to Cancer - The movie
Featuring: OP

>the problem with psychology is bad experimental design and poor theory

Human psychology is very complex, user.

Nice blog, how do I unsubscribe?