So, Veeky Forums, what do you think is the essential pop-core...

So, Veeky Forums, what do you think is the essential pop-core, the one that comes to your mind when you think of that person you just met who describes himself as a "reader" yet thinks John Williams is a famous hollywood fanfare composer.

David Foster Wallace.

Here's your (you)

David Foster Wallace
Don Dellilo
James Joyce
Thomas Pynchon

But John Williams is a famous Hollywood fanfare composer. Just because he wrote a book about some pothead doesn't negate the other thing

Babbys first novel

>Delillo, Joyce, Pynchon

DFW, pynchon murakami, garcia marquez, john green, roth, delillo, vollman, mccarthy, etc.

>People saying Pynchon

People might name drop him to seem cool or well read but most don't actually read him. Pynchon is not pop-core. Neither is Delillo, etc.

You people are either dense or just don't get what OP is talking about.

>Palahniuk
>Murakami
>Vonnegut
>Junot Diaz
>Kerouac
>Bukowski

This is Tumblr girl "I read!" pop pleb core.

I still like Murakami and Vonnegut though.

>those grandpa core pants
>those shoes

LGTSS

>DFW's fashion sense

Can anyone name everyone?

DFW, Franzen, Antonio Monda, Davide Azzolini, Zadie Smith, Nathan Englander, Jeffrey Eugenides

you forgot McCarthy and Hesse

After reading Blood Meridian, I have been kind of shocked at how mainstream a novel it is, especially considering its style and depth.

Do ppl just like it for the gruesome descriptions/violence or what? I just can't imagine the average reader enjoying the really long descriptions of people walking through the desert.

Some people read Moby Dick as an exciting adventure novel

this is the real list

where should i start with delillo

Anna Karenina