Making sausages using a piping bag. Anyone ever done it?

Making sausages using a piping bag. Anyone ever done it?

Turns out it's really FUCKING ARSE FUCKING FUCKS SAKE FUCKING BOLLOCKS TO IT FUCK OFF.

wut

you crazy man, heh heh you know that
you crazy

It can be quite frustrating.

Just get a proper fucking meat grinder with stuffing attachments man, I got one for christmas, made some pretty good pork sausages with it a couple weekends ago

It's too late for that now.

Jesus Christ man, you gotta stuff the sausage tighter and prick the air holes

money well spent

I still have 2kg of meat left but only 4 casings because I broke 3 as well.

Buy more casings then and prick the air pockets, also tie a knot at the end of the casing and make one big sausage and seperate them by gently pinching the sausage and twisting it until it knots itself and makes a link thing

Also this is a chorizo mix that's meant to be cured. I'm gonna kill myself aren't I?

Just follow the instructions and make sure all your shit is clean.

How?

Kitchenaid sausage stuffer master race checking in

Unless you have a controlled temperature and humidity environment, dry curing sausages is risky business indeed. Next time get a 5lb LEM manual stuffer like I have in the pic.

Box says kitchen windowsill

KA is a decent grinder and an awful stuffer.

the trick to the KA is to remove the grind plate. SO you just have the worm gear, the little nylon piece to hold the worm gear in place, then the sausage spout. if you use the cutting plate it binds up.

Well, I'm not going to argue with you here about why it's not safe, but if you want to learn how to safely make dry cured sausages and why certain equipment is necessary, an excellent website is meatsandsausages.com.

You're essentially playing russian roulette and at some point there will probably be a round in the chamber. Good luck.

Obviously. It's still an awful stuffer for two reasons:

1) the diameter of the feed tube is too small.

2) the KA setup raises the stuffer far above your table. You want a sausage stuffer's nozzle to be just barely above your work area so the sausage can slide off it directly without falling downwards. Using the KA forces you to either deal with that shit, or to stack up a bunch of crap to keep your tray at the same height as the KA.

>1) the diameter of the feed tube is too small.
mine came with 3 dif sizes? the biggest one makes sausages thicker than a burrito.

2) not gonna argue with the height. it's too high.- But i mean - its attached to a stand mixer. of course its going to be up high.

Another reason it's bad is because the screw warms up and takes long enogh to work the meat through that you get a certain amount of emulsification. That doesn't happen with a manual press style.

I used my KA a few times and said screw this (no pun intended) and bought the LEM. It's so much easier and the results are a better quality sausage.

>mine came with 3 dif sizes? the biggest one makes sausages thicker than a burrito.

The feed tube. Not the stuffer nozzle. The white plastic part that you stick the meat down before the screw grabs it.

>The feed tube
yeah can't disagree with your there.