Why haven't you read the complete works of the 2016 Nobel Laureate in Literature yet...

Why haven't you read the complete works of the 2016 Nobel Laureate in Literature yet? D-don't tell me you're a pleb user-kun...

no one?

what's there mission again? some sort of half-baked teleology about promoting some something or other for the betterment of the human plight

their I mean of course, of course

Are you 12? You're super edgy.

literally who

>poet

Dropped.

You're new. Contrary to your likely impression at this time, although Veeky Forums knows a few good authors and a few decent books, Veeky Forums's breadth of knowledge generally speaking is very limited and is regimented for social (memes) rather than intellectual purposes

All the nobel laureate in literature's works are worth reading

i am not 12, i'm just trying to engage in sincere discussion

I don't read mango, anime is for losers who have thoroughly failed at every possible aspect of existence.

>implying the winner has been announced
still got, like, a week or two, or something

I'm on the Nobel Committee. OP is right. There's at least a 70% chance he's getting it.

no i'm being totally earnest -- what's their mission, by which criteria do they select the literature worthy of their award?

i mean Nobel was a pretty mean guy, and wanted to better his name, and did, but what was it he laid out exactly, how did he specifically wish to attach his name certain developments in various fields

omg! how dare you.

>kun
>for a chinese poet

yeah OP, is your name alexandre dumASS because you're fucking stupid

>what's their mission, by which criteria do they select the literature worthy of their award?

anything not written by borges

>reading things by people who aren't dead
>implying you've finished all the great works by dead people
>implying it's worth my time sifting through the dogshit of today for a few rare exceptions

go back to r/books.

I know where you got that picture from.

No they're not you shill.

If you have reason to think a book from today will be good, there are many reasons it might be more worth your time than the works of the dead. If someone can capture the zeitgeist in an illuminating or captivating way, you're missing out on a lot if you refuse to read anyone contemporary.

Seriously, what's his name?

Does he deserve to win? I'm glad we have a winner whose book isn't "Indian/Middle Eastern teenager telling us about poverty/terrorism" for the thousandth time.

I shouldn't have laughed at this, but I did.

I didn't laugh at it.

>Indian/Middle Eastern teenager telling us about poverty/terrorism" for the thousandth time

>Last 15 winners
>Svetlana Aleksijevitj
>Patrick Modiano
>Alice Munro
>Mo Yan
>Tomas Tranströmer
>Mario Vargas Llosa
>Herta Müller
>Jean-Marie Gustave le Clézio
>Doris Lessing
>Orhan Pamuk
>Harold Pinter
>Elfriede Jelinek
>J.M Coetzee
>Imre Kertész
>V.S Naipaul

Such Indian/Middle Eastern teenager.

Sup scooby

That user was probalby thinking of the peace prize. Easy to get them mixed up if you're retarded

I don't even get why people oppose some poor girl who was raped, burnt with acid and god knows what the fuck else got it, better giving it to her to the guy who can't keep his country from falling into a race war every two weeks.

Americans are proof Karma exists, holy shit, how did you went from the owners of Earth to this in 16 years?

For what reason should anyone care about her in particular? Far worse things happen to people every day (almost exclusively men btw), but I don't see them getting 1.5 million dollar prizes. She only got it because her book became a bestseller and because she's a female. You even get all emotional calling her a "poor girl", exposing your own gynocentrism.

>exposing your own gynocentrism
genderflipping a tumblr post doesn't make it not tumblr

FYADs been no good since DocEvil got his small chin revealed and had to flee

plus twitter fucked up the whole dynamic anyway

google image search exists friendo

bump for chinkposting