Why's he so based Veeky Forums?

Why's he so based Veeky Forums?

Because Amor Fati

he is just a nerd version of Diogenes

Because he feeds into your need to validate yourself by affecting a trendy macho "intellectual" persona while misinterpreting his work to a stupefying degree like most of the population with only a surface level pop-cultural knowledge of Nietzsche.

Why does /lit like him so much?

Nietzsche is peachy senpai

fight club for the 1800's.

Everyone says everyone else is misinterpreting Nietzsche. What's your take on him?

he's pretty shitty really
>philosophy is inherently flawed
>got syphilis from fucking a whore
>horse made him crazy
>died young, mentally insane, and with almost no respect from his academic peers because he lived against virtue

said some pretty profound shit
>convictions are a bigger enemy of truth than lies are

>pretty profound shit
*stupid shit pretending to be profound

I've never read him, but I despise the people who like him. Literally the 16 year old who's just learned about nihilism's philosopher. It's sad because he takes oxygen away from more interesting philosophers and his edgy philosophy gets people to reject anything that isn't continental ethical philosophy. Boring as fucking SHIT

>I've never read him, but I despise people who haven't read him either.

top lel

fucking...idiot

>I've never read him
And that is the exact reason why you can't actually tell who has read him and who has not. Give him a chance and take your unfounded bias away.

>Nietzsche
>nihilist
You need to be 18 to post here, my friend.

Anyone who thinks Nietzsche was an edgy nihilist needs to fuck off, cause you're just making a fool of yourself. Making arguments such as "none of the other philosophers respected him, bla bla." Muh analytical philosophy. Go read a book.

Wrongest man since Aristotle.

0/10 bait

>they prosper most often in the lowest and socially most abandoned elements
because he's literally talking about us
>gets people to reject anything that isn't continental ethical philosophy
we need to remove analytics from this board

sounds like a übermensch to me desu

>died young
since when is 56 young

That's a funny way to spell wisest.

He did a good job or recycling Heraclitus.

What's with all the Neitzche love lately?

I know he's always been a mainstay on Veeky Forums but it's been non-stop recently.

Probably more people seeing the love, giving him a shot, and then realizing how interesting his stuff is.

r9k crossposters

His poetry is awful. I'm tired of seeing him get endlessly praised while most other philosophers are neglected. Him, Stirner, Plato, and Diogenes receive way too much attention. He's the least egregiously overrepresented of those four, but it's still pretty annoying.