Tfw my mom's read hundreds of books and's never heard of infinite jest

>tfw my mom's read hundreds of books and's never heard of infinite jest

Patrician af

>and's

yeah lol i was gonna say sounds like she's patrician

>tfw my mom's read hundreds of books and's butt so never heard of infinite jest

yeah I told her that it's like 1100 praised by people who like canonical works and she say sit sounds horrible.

my mom didn't know what the western canon is either lol.

>mum's favourite book is gone with the wind because she finds it empowering
>as funny as I find this, I practically leech off her and she's the only reason I had a private school education and am living the high life now

is this a new epic meme?
same btw

>tfw my mom has read infinite jest
>tfw I haven't
>tfw I have no face

>mfw my mother read since she was 4, and I mean entire novels, not babby's picture book.
>mfw she's read around 5000-10000 books in her 45 years.
>mfw I didn't read 1 book in my life
>mfw I have no face.

>my mom is such a le pleb lit wat do
Could you be anymore underage?

My dad had a huge collection of shitty scifi and fantasy novels.
He's dead now.
I hate OP.

I like and's.

Same :|

You might want to try to see how that math plays out. I was NEET for 6 years and doing nothing but reading for 5-10 hours a day and never once read more than 3 books in a week.

Right there with you. I didn't start reading until my twenties because nobody in my family read or influenced me slightly towards it except for one uncle. After i'd gotten my foot in the literary door and collected a few favorite authors I went to that uncle's old shelf and it was nothing but hundreds of turds by salvatore and clancy. I was so disappointed.

At least she doesn't post pictures of Pokemon on a message board like a total fucking disappointment

Lol man oh man I can't imagine how insufferable some of you faggots are in real life. Next time you have a conversation like this with your mom, make sure someone else is around, and see if she exchanges a look of 'I'm sorry my son is so autistic' with the other person

>tfw my parents are well-educated, passionate about literature and have never heard of DFW because they're not ameriplebs

My dad loves minimalist lit and Irish lit, but he has everything from Shakespeare to pinecone to Mishima in his library. He's starting to like bukowski alot cause of the divorce.