>2016
>still believing in climate change and """global warming"""

kek. Veeky Forumsentists BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/current-issues/climate-policy/climate-perspectives/our-position
science.sciencemag.org/content/289/5477/270
advances.sciencemag.org/content/2/11/e1501923.full
science.sciencemag.org/content/302/5651/1719
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n2/full/nclimate2876.html
nature.com/nature/journal/v536/n7617/full/nature19082.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v3/n3/full/nclimate1784.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v3/n10/full/nclimate1963.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v4/n11/full/nclimate2397.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n11/full/nclimate3110.html
pnas.org/content/106/38/16120.abstract?sid=e88a32fa-d470-486d-92ea-97bf18db30c9
pnas.org/content/97/4/1406.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
pnas.org/content/106/Supplement_2/19729.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
pnas.org/content/104/14/5743.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
wsj.com/articles/exxons-rex-tillerson-is-top-candidate-for-secretary-of-state-1481318464
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExxonMobil_climate_change_controversy
youtube.com/watch?v=DrWznOFq38s
youtube.com/watch?v=-AwNKQqLESc&
youtube.com/watch?v=fbW-aHvjOgM
youtube.com/watch?v=9K74fzNAUq4
theguardian.com/environment/2015/jul/15/exxon-mobil-gave-millions-climate-denying-lawmakers
youtube.com/watch?v=WCU6bzRypZ4&
youtube.com/watch?v=Gh-DNNIUjKU&
powerbase.info/index.php/Global_Warming_Policy_Foundation
theguardian.com/environment/cif-green/2010/sep/14/montford-climategate-gwpf-review
exxonsecrets.org/html/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

literally no one cares

most posters from sci are from europe anyways

We already have this thread

sage

Rex Tillerson believes in man made global warming. He also has a masters from UC Berkeley in chemical engineering. Didn't you read Private Empire?

The /pol/tards are at it again.
corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/current-issues/climate-policy/climate-perspectives/our-position
>The risk of climate change is clear and the risk warrants action. Increasing carbon emissions in the atmosphere are having a warming effect. There is a broad scientific and policy consensus that action must be taken to further quantify and assess the risks.

Speaking of ignoring the facts, here are a few papers from to top 3 general science journals. Don't ignore the science.

science.sciencemag.org/content/289/5477/270
advances.sciencemag.org/content/2/11/e1501923.full
science.sciencemag.org/content/302/5651/1719
science.sciencemag.org/content/354/6313/aaf7671
science.sciencemag.org/content/354/6311/465
science.sciencemag.org/content/352/6293/1517
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n2/full/nclimate2876.html
nature.com/nature/journal/v536/n7617/full/nature19082.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v3/n3/full/nclimate1784.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v3/n10/full/nclimate1963.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v4/n11/full/nclimate2397.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n11/full/nclimate3110.html
pnas.org/content/106/38/16120.abstract?sid=e88a32fa-d470-486d-92ea-97bf18db30c9
pnas.org/content/97/4/1406.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
pnas.org/content/106/Supplement_2/19729.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
pnas.org/content/104/14/5743.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac

this is numale marxist SJW globalist jew science, doesn't count, when will you sheeple learn

0/10

In 50 years time, when the world has turned to shit for numerous reasons, at least I'll be able to say "I told you so".

You really should stop link-dumping. No one is going to read any of that and it's incredibly counter-productive to actually educating people on climate science.

Also, Red Tillerson doesn't deny climate change. I don't think he belongs in Trump's cabinet, but at least he doesn't outright deny it. Not that he will do anything to change it, considered he's essentially a special interest party himself for the petro industry, but at least he doesn't deny the science I guess, unlike morons like Trump and his other cabinet members.

tillerson is actually the first guy in the cabinet who doesnt deny it and advocated switching from coal to gas to keep emissions low.

people used to have to dance around controversial issues
then trump came along and just said all the dumb shit out loud
so who knows, maybe people can freely state their biases now
if so, I'm sure we'll see this guy come out and deny climate change exists or is an issue

if anything, trump made public debate even less fact based and more emotional. i hated the left as long as i can properly think, because they are the original "fuck facts, only feelings matter"-people. but trump's victory is not good news, now everybody in politics is as retarded as the most retarded leftists while putin is laughing his ass off about how easy it was to put the west into self destruct mode.

/pol/ should be gassed

Tillerson actually believes man has an effect on climate change. I'm assuming he doesn't believe we have a large enough effect for change to be enacted or he just doesn't care.

2/10 made me reply

This. Tillerson also supports a carbon tax. T-Rex is actually super fuckin' liberal but that don't matter cuz "muh scrooge mcduck stereotype"

it's extremely difficult to believe that there's even a remote possibility that there's a guy at the top of exxon mobile who will do anything positive in terms of climate change

Didn't Exxon's own research in the fucking 70s conclude that manmade global warming was real and it was why they shelved the report?

he isnt pro-carbon tax because hes a liberal, but because he wants to put coal out of business and have people burn gas instead. exxon has no business mining coal, but they are one of the worlds biggest gas producers.

gas has little emissions. exxon has lots of gas. switching from coal to gas will make exxon filthy rich. and it will reduce emissions by a lot.

>gas has little emissions
>and it will reduce emissions by a lot.
This isn't necessarily true because you're only counting the emissions resulting from burning coal vs gas
it doesn't include the amount of gas that enters the atmosphere due to leaking during extraction, and there's a huge amount of it

(((science)))

science is fucking worthless. nothing more than an attempt to gain a monopoly on what people consider 'factual', it's just part of the dissassociation from reality that is being pushed onto us by (((globalists)))

Sweet jesus this is either 10/10 b8 or 10/10 retarded.

wake the fuck up. science is fake.

Climate scientists are like the last few pawns in an end game.

man, after 35 years of being the best at whatever job i'm put into i'm going to take the defining position of my career and totally do a shitty job and sell out to my old company, haha, that'd be choice.

>I don't have any idea how politics works in America or how corporate America defines success

u r on the wrong board son

lol, shut the fuck up nerd. there is literally zero precedent for a CEO with no political experience being appointed secretary of state.

any ideas you have about "how politics works" in this scenario is baseless speculation.

man, after 35 years of being the best at whatever job i'm put into i'm going to suddenly change my positions and become a force for good and completely abandon all of the things I previously thought were important to me, haha, that'd be choice.

Also, he's got yuuuuuuge conflicts of interest.

>Mr. Tillerson has perhaps the closest ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin, having negotiated a 2011 energy partnership deal with Russia that Mr. Putin said could eventually be worth as much as $500 billion.

wsj.com/articles/exxons-rex-tillerson-is-top-candidate-for-secretary-of-state-1481318464

this.

The Americans post on /b/ and /x/

Bruh.
These people want government positions because it gives them more power in their real jobs at their banks and fossil fuel companies

still believing in global trolling...

Probably better than an interest in conflict.

Then take a hammer and bash at your computer till it breaks into pieces. If science is fake your computer should still be working if the level 96 defensive spell it was enchanted with still holds up.

Every one knows global warming is the shekel source for many """"scientist"""". People should be free to criticise the Theory without being subjected harassment by the scientific community because climate science isnt an exact science like physics and chemistry (with this cases experience usually BTFO one of the parties).

>Jews trying to cosplay Hitler

The ultimate real Red Pill
>Algebraic proof
>Alg((h))ebraic
>hebraic

Have you swallowed the hardest red pill yet? So called ((science)) and ((mathematics)) are a jewish creation, an instrument to subjugate and destroy the white man.
>create ((science))
>build a whole structure around it to make it look logical and reasonable
>attribute every invention the white man achieved through his intuition to ((science))
>foster ((science)) to religious status and use it to subvert centuries long traditions and supplant Christianity
>use ((science)) to push sexual perversion and loathing of the white man
>use ((((scientific consensus))) to create the global warming hoax
>use ((global warming)) to create the perfect tool of white genocide: carbon tax

Have you broken your computer yet as described here? If science is fake it should not break apart, I promise! ;^)

Actually he's right. Every scientist should have critical spirit, otherwise we would have never made the great discovers we've made on science.
Global warming looks like the Ptolemaic theory of the solar system where the church was homologous to the today elites and the so called scientists that shill for this shit
>ou vey the earth is in the centre look at our astronomical observations it's almost the same abs the theory predicts
>but I've got a much simple simple that says the sun is in the centre
>fucking retard look the out proofs go back to medieval /pol/ retard. I bet you believe the earth is flat. Ha ha fucking retard.

Although I agree global meme is a meme mathematics has a solid logical foundation that you can prove it by yourself. Jews can't control the fabric of the universe.

Don't listen to this nigger loving jew. Obviously a hammer would break your compute . Magic is the work of the devil and there is nothing """defensive""" about it. Your best bet would be to unplug your computer from the (((mains electricity))) power and use the faith of our LORD to power it. If your computer shuts down then it is obviously cursed by the jew devil and you should not think of buying a new one ever again.

Hello rabbi

Go back to elementary school. Study maths by yourself and become the master Jew like me

>Jews can't control the fabric of the universe.

Yes, goyim! Yes! You are absolutely right!

You pasted it again.
AGW is really a religion dressed up as science because we still have too many priests lurking about, maybe more than ever.

Oh wait Jesus was a Jew and Jesus is God according to the master race Catholic Church. Holy shit.

mmmmh that's a good interesting thread. bump

>implying Romney is interested in conflicts.
>wanting to sell out allies for short-term profit
hello comrade.

Wikipedia has a very well sourced read on exactly what Exxon has done over the years to create a controversy over climate science.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExxonMobil_climate_change_controversy

IT'S A HOAX

youtube.com/watch?v=DrWznOFq38s

youtube.com/watch?v=-AwNKQqLESc&

pol please go back!

>Molyneaux
lel, /pol/ actually believes this """"internet (((philosopher)))"""""guy is a legitimate source on scientific issues.
First issue from this video, using Monckton as a legitimate authority on climate science. This is a man who has for years claimed he was a member of the House of Lords with no evidence. For years he has claimed he was a primary science adviser to Margaret Thatcher, with zero evidence. Even her own autobiography makes no mention of Monckton, not one single mention of her, and she even names a completely different person as her main scientific adviser. Monckton is not a scientist, he has no scientific training, and has never published a single scientific paper in the field of climatology, despite him making the false claim that he has for many years:

youtube.com/watch?v=fbW-aHvjOgM

Also, view his rebuttal to Monckton's response on WUWT:

youtube.com/watch?v=9K74fzNAUq4

>Inhofe
First off, did you even watch the second video you linked, or did you simply type "climate change hoax" into youtube and then copy / paste the URL thinking it would back your "argument?"

James Inhofe is a complete uneducated retard by the way, and has direct funds linked from the petroleum industry, as do many other conservatives who insist on ignoring the scientific evidence (not that these retards could understand even the most simplistic statistics anyways).
theguardian.com/environment/2015/jul/15/exxon-mobil-gave-millions-climate-denying-lawmakers

Honestly I'm going to copy and paste this into the same reply you made in the other thread as well. I'm so fucking tired of having to fight the mass amount of ignorance from the types of people who deny climate science, and if you think I'm fucking tired just combating shitposts on Veeky Forums, imagine how the legitimate scientists, who publish papers feel when some bumfuck retarded politician takes their data and tries to comprehend it.

James Inhofe? As in Jim Inhofe? As in the retard Oklahoma senator? I live in Oklahoma and if you take anything he says seriously you fucked up. Want to see what a conservative "paradise" looks like stay here for a while.

He obviously didn't even watch the video. The second video he posted is an argument against climate skeptics, not an argument for AGW being a hoax.

It's hilarious because it shows just how uninformed these idiots are. I know the guy who posted it won't respond to us because he probably realized what an idiot he was and ran off with his tail between his legs.

>Nerds are STILL mad that they lost

climatology is utterly incomparable to algebra

this thread wasn't made by a nerd

youtube.com/watch?v=WCU6bzRypZ4&

youtube.com/watch?v=Gh-DNNIUjKU&

>HURR DURR ONLY MY EXPERTS ARE EXPERTS, EVERY EXPERTS THAT DISAGREE WITHE THE CHURCH OF GLOBAL WARMING IS A HERETIC
don't worry i got plenty of sources.

is trump literally just picking random people who have no experience in politics ?

yes but i don't see the problem with it

You didn't respond to a single argument I made in my post, how predictable. Not only did you not address that the second video you posted had nothing to do with climate change being a hoax (you do a great job on your own making yourself look stupid), but you failed to respond to a single thing I said about Monckton.

All you can do is post conjecture, not formulate an actual argument of your own, and rely on people like Molyneaux interviewing William Happer, oh yes look who he chooses to interview on climate science, someone who isn't even trained in the field!

powerbase.info/index.php/Global_Warming_Policy_Foundation

theguardian.com/environment/cif-green/2010/sep/14/montford-climategate-gwpf-review

Happer is a member of the Global Warming Policy Foundation, an organization which is essentially a lobbying firm for fossil fuel interests once again, he also has similar links to the George C. Marshall Institute. REALLY MAKES YOU THINK. Guess what, the GWPF doesn't even need to report its sources of funding legally, and of course they don't. Why would they? How would it benefit them to expose the companies that fund climate change denialism? It's so hilarious because this organization attempts to make cherry-picked statements that the Earth is not warming by showing narrow datasets, so typical.

Why is it that people like Molyneaux never invite people like Gavin Schmit, or James Hansen, experts in the field who understand the science to discuss the claims? Why is it that the only people they ever invite are people like Spencer, Monckton or Happer?

Why are they afraid of seeing the evidence, looking at the data and observations that support the theory? Why do they only interview people within their own echo-chambers?

Shut up. Stefan molyneux is easily one the greatest intellectuals of out time.

Here's another example showing how one single company, Exxonmobile, has funded climate change denial.

In 2007 Exxon pledged that they would cease funding to organizations like Heartland and GCM, and claimed that they accepted the science of climate change. If only that were true, their organization still places heavy investments in their lobbying efforts in direct support to AGW deniers.

exxonsecrets.org/html/index.php

LITERALLY all you can do is post climate blogs like WUWT or Realclimate, or Climateadviser.

Go ahead and post the typical denialist links you people always post as "proof" that the evidence is a conspiracy or some other such nonsense. Yes, evidence. That's a word that deniers really don't like. You see, if you're going to discredit / debunk AGW, you need evidence. You need data and you need research. You have to go out into the field, or use the databases of available climatological data in order to formulate an argument. Publish this argument in a peer-reviewed journal in order to have other scientists within the field review it, and it they find that the evidence you researched is substantial and correct, and that your methodology was also correct, then you get published and your paper will become a groundbreaking paper in the field. However, not a single denialist scientist (and there are very, VERY few of them in the field, only real ones are Roy Spencer, John Christy and Richard Lindzen) in the field publishing anything that discredits the evidence scientists have built up over decades of research.

All you have is conspiracies and other such nonsense typical of a /pol/-brainlet.

I'm pretty much convinced that of the people who post on this board claiming to be climate change deniers, only like 3% tops are real and the rest are just in it for the keks

agw is real but only a dumb cuck would allow themselves to be taxed and regulated so that the unborn come into existence. carbon-taxers are the environmental equivalent of pro-lifers.

ow the edge

No, the guy is picking a bunch of CEOs, recommended war vets and political contrarians.

It's only random because most people didn't think he was actually going to fucking bring in actual CEOs into the cabinet.

If you fucking thought Washington was all about special interest groups you haven't seen nothing yet now that the public voted in a billionaire to run it.

Your post actually isn't an argument.

kys for the planet, it's the best way to reduce your carbon footprint. there is nothing edgy about putting one's own self interest first. sorry we aren't like you who are easily duped by appeals to emotion.

>carbon tax introduced
>install solar panels
>install electric stove
>install electric clothes dryer
>drive electric car
prablum salvd

you willing to pay for that or will i have to be taxed to pay for it? yup the cost will go to me for your moral grandstanding.

not that user, but a lot of upstream leakage comes from deliberate venting (using gas pressure to drive pneumatic mechanisms). there's lossless tech available (uses electricity instead) but it hasn't been all that widely adopted, even though it pays for itself pretty quickly.
if Tillerson is serious about environmental policy, he'll push for a regulatory mandate on all gas extraction.

That wouldn't be such a problem if the USA didn't have shit-tier upward mobility. But the root cause is u̶n̶s̶k̶i̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶l̶a̶b̶o̶r̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶l̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶a̶u̶t̶o̶m̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶ the Chinese.

you're the one who wants to "save the planet" so you can pay for it. only fair, because the way i see it you moral busybodies who want to tax and control my person are the only problem here.

Where do you think we are?

if the price of fossil fuels goes up for any reason and the price of alternatives (like solar) stays the same or decreases, then you will have people switching like I described

even you, the anti-tax curmudgeon will benefit from it because it makes our country less reliant on limited and valuable resources

That's not how capitalism works and I suspect you know it.

ok then get to work to make these alternatives you want to be a reality and stop being controlfreak busybodies.

Inconceivable! How can I, the great and powerful user, be butthurt if I don't experience any of your precious, insipid FEELIES! MWAHAHAHA!

what isn't? the fuck are you on about now? i'm merely saying you can piss off with your control freak taxes for things you want to happen. you can pay for it.

>you're the one who wants to "save the planet" so you can pay for it. only fair,
we are

I could do that
or we could just increase the price of gas artificially and solve the problem right now
that would be a lot easier.

>A BILLION
why aren't all billionaires like bill?
he restores my faith in capitalism a little bit every time

and yet you still want to tax me when you got 1B. how greedy are you people? fuck off already. do something with that money instead of whining that not everyone cares about your problems.

why do americans turn orange as they age?

I'm sorry to inconvenience you, it's for your own good retard, now get vaccinated.

Energy companies have been deliberately patent-hoarding emergent tech until it's unprofitable to sell oil. Don't expect ecofacists to play fair in an unfair game.

not going to happen, it'd fuck over the economy. but unlike the environmental crises which aren't going to be problems for us in our life time, the economy does matter to you and me despite how little you think about it.

mfw
also, pic related

good post

unfortunately, this is the real world

the mong still had those tweets up a week ago when i checked

>le everyone i disagree with is an agw-denying antivaxxer
sorry show me some evidence aside from irregular weather patterns that agw is a problem for me? a bigger problem than fucking over the eocnomy anyway?
pro-tip: you can't. look at this shit, all these models are all over the place.

then deal with them. stop trying to control me when they're your problem.