Blue Cheese

Opinions?

I can't get enough of it myself.

Each variety of blue cheese tastes like a whole different kind of cheese to me. gorgonzola is Numero uno though

Also, what do you guys find pairs well with this kind of cheese?

hamburgers
also salads with apples and walnuts

Buffalo tendies.

or port wine.

dry bread

I like it a lot but how do you guys get over the thought of eating literal fucking festering mold? The taste is great but the process behind it is disgusting.

I bought a nice wedge of gorgonzola dulce today, about a half pound. Tomorrow I'm gonna make this sauce:

>Cook a pound of sweet or hot Italian sausage, crumble it up in the pan
>Add a bit of flour, couple TBSP, cook the raw taste out of it after adding (2 min)
>Add 1 C milk, 1/3 C heavy cream, stir and let thicken a little bit (5 min)
>Add 1/4 lb gorgonzola (more if you like it, but be careful because it's a strong flavor), stir into the sauce til it melts
>Taste and correct for salt and pepper
>Serve over favorite pasta

blue cheese + figs + prosciutto

god damn that sounds good.

Pizza

Had it in a dip for chicken wings for an entree on a cruise recently.

Was fucking amazing. We ordered another 3 servings each.

Arugula. Works as a pizza topping

Sounds perfect, im gonna try this.

it is just wonderful. This may sound pleb-tier but the best blue cheese i've had was at a movie theater concession stand on a burger. I was expecting the worst but it was wonderful, and this is coming from someone who dabbles in fine cheese.

Confessions:
>I ate a whole crock of potted Stilton in the past two days.

Bleu cheese, or blue fromage, is excellent when paired with crispy prosciutto, walnuts, or apples.

Goes great with peperoncini.

Gorgonzola a best

I think next time you should go fromage blue just to hammer it home.

Wonderful.
People around me hate it because "hurr durr cheese is either colored yellow or white" and "hurr durr it smellz" and "herp derp it tastes baaaad".

Nigga, it's a flavor explosion and it tastes wonderful.
I love to pair it with a good beer.

>love all food
>absolutely disgusted by the flavour of any cheese that has mold, even brie which only has white mold
help

Sorry pal, people have different tastes. Just gotta go with the flow and eat what you like. Don't try to force it.

I guess so. It's just a pain to be fussy about this one thing.

are you disgusted by the thought of mold or by the taste of the cheeses themselves?

the ikea blue cheese is the worse ive ever had

It's just the taste. I get that mold is edible, harmless, nutritious, etc. but there's just something about the flavour mold brings to a cheese that I find it tough to get used to. It might be from eating no cheese other than cheddar and similar cheeses for the first 12-13 years of my life.

For most strong blue cheese like gorgonzola, you generally don't eat a big chunk by itself. Have it alongside fruit, crackers, nuts, or melt it into a sauce or crumble it on a salad. It's one of those things where a little goes a long way, so use sparingly.

>ikea
>food

reap what you sew

I'm personally fond of gorgonzola(especially with mascarpone) and walnuts, I often make myself some pizza or calzone with those. And even when I'm too tired to make it myself I'm lucky enough to have a bakery near me that makes pizza like that so I can grab a few ones to munch on the way to work.

It's ok in small amounts.
I hate prepping with it.

I will eat a whole wedge in a sitting if I have nothing better to do with it. Fucking love the stuff, especially the hard ones with thick dark blue veins

good on salads and bacon cheeseburgers.

before bed? i love the fucked up dreams that induces

honey
spicy salamis

also it's amazing on pizza, especially with buffalo sauce, ranch, chicken and onions

Port wine and blue cheese is considered a classic. I love it, particularly with Roquefort.