Veeky Forums, am I nuts or is this actually pretty rude?

Veeky Forums, am I nuts or is this actually pretty rude?

>bf's parents invite us out to dinner at Whole Foods
>his dad says he'll text bf when they leave, so we go there when they leave.
>they got there like 5 min before we did
>see them sitting at a table already eating food from the bar
>bf & I order food
>his mom gets up like 10 min later after scarfing down her food before we even got our food, says she has to do some grocery shopping so she gets up and leaves.
>awkward silence between us and his dad till we get our food then a bit of small talk
>his dad finishes like 5 min later then leaves just as we get our food
>bf & I left to eat dinner alone

I was under the impression we would be invited to talk and catch up on things but feels like they just ditched us. Is this normal?

If you're a girl and posting on Veeky Forums, then they probably found you to be fat and repulsive.

If you're a guy, then the parents are not totally accepting of their son being in a intimate same sex relationship.

Do you live in the PNW? People there are typically nice at first but really just don't care about forging relationships with strangers.

damn you couldnt be more right

>feels like they just ditched us

They probably did. So what?

I'm not fat but alright. I also don't live in the PNW.

What baffles me about this is that I've known his parents for 6 years and this is the first time they did anything like this.

Only other thing they do that annoys me is that they like to go into a restaurant and order something first before everyone else gets there.

Newsflash they don't fucking like you. They're getting sick of pretending for his sake since its clear you two aren't going to get married at this point (6 years)

I really don't know, then.
If it bothers you this much, just ask your bf to bring it up with them.
This poster could be correct.

Six years. Wow, what are you waiting for?

damn, nice assumptions and projection there senpai.

I most likely will, just wanted to know if this was rude or I'm just overreacting.

We got together when we were 18. We're 24 now so it still feels kinda early to tie the knot.

>Elessar

they probably are independent people who don't have the same mother hen social circle manners you do

it is odd behavior but some people are self centered and it probably doesn't occur to them that they're selfish cunts.
Are they immigrants? could be a cultural difference and not just them being douches

Nope they are both white. But they are pretty independent people (especially the mom) so I guess that explains it. Still bizarre to me though.

>kinda early to tie the knot.
You at the end of your prime, if you and your bf wait more to get married and have kids they'll probably get downsies or be autistic.

Not wanting to sound /r9k/ but seriously we always hear the same story.
>We got together when we were 18. We're 24 now so it still feels kinda early to tie the knot.
And yet if you break up (which I don't wish you) and find another guy, you'll get married within the year.
Seriously tie the knot instead of living in sin

Whatever makes you feel better lady. Dating past 5 years just means he's comfortable and too much of a coward to end it. If he was gonna marry you he would have done it. I dont expect you to grasp it from inside your bubble but it will fall apart.

Also this is a cooking board, not your personal blogspace you whore

>stop living in sin

kek. That's the fundamental basis of your doctrine: Everyone alive is a sinner. According to your faith the only way to stop is to die! Oh, the irony!

>Everyone alive is a sinner
what the fuck ? did you mistake me for some /x/-tier edgy cult ?

>Dinner at Whole Foods

Wut

Original sin son.

STOP POSTING THESE GOD DAMN MY BF THREADS

IT IS OBVIOUS BAIT

IT'S NOT FUNNY TO PRETEND TO BE A HOMO OR A GIRL ON Veeky Forums TO INSTIGATE POSTS AND GET ATTENTION

FUCK OFF BACK TO SOC REEEEEEEE

Or... they never really intended it to be a formal family dining event because it's not a proper restaurant and you're trying too hard to look for some kind of offense. Your expectations were probably wrong. Have you been out to eat with them at actual restaurants where this didn't happen? Yes? Then I'd probably chalk this one up to catching up with people for a few minutes at a food court.

hahahah you've known them for 6 years and they pull this shit on you? it means they dont like you and dont find you interesting enough to have a conversation

they would rather leave and do grocery shopping hahaha

if posting on Veeky Forums on a cooking section about your personal problems is any indicator of you not being interesting enough to have any female friends to talk to about this kind of stuff it really is

cant stop laughing hahah

Did the parents pay for your meal or buy you guys groceries?

This

>I'm not fat
That's exactly what a fat woman would say

Why even invite someone?
Also OP they could have had a fight on the way there and just want to go home to reconcile/finish their disagreement.

>invite us out to dinner at Whole Foods
this should have been your first indication that they don't like you

Are people really surprised that Veeky Forums has female posters? How new are you guys?

Hard to believe how insufferable newfags are.

I don't see how this is rude or very unusual.
They invited you to eat at a grocery store.
Obviously they thought they could do two things at once ie. see you guys for a quick minute then get a chore like shopping done.

What kind of deep conversation did you expect in the Whole Foods? Anything important in the six years that you've been dating their son? It's really not a big deal.