What are my chances to work with space exploration in some way?

What are my chances to work with space exploration in some way?

I'm currently studying physics as an undergrad and want to eventually work with space exploration because that's my big interest. I would say I'm pretty intelligent and I learn very fast.

What are my chances?

Propulsion engineering or any other type of engineering, astrodynamics, astrophysics, anything related.

Other urls found in this thread:

spacex.com/careers/list
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Become the Musk of FTL.

do you go to a top school? then you'll have no trouble getting at least some sort of job at spacex

I go to the top physics school in my European country. A good portion of the professors are CERN physicists.

I have no idea how it compares to American top schools.

yep, should be fine

Good to hear. Do you know what kind of Master I should go for? Most seem really unrelated. Any other skills I should pick up to increase my chances? Programming is probably important, right?

there are plenty of choices, take a look at this list for some ideas
spacex.com/careers/list

I would suggest some programming knowledge in any case for any hard science or maths major
but if you want to work in this field then I would suggest it strongly

ask the people involved in astrophysics etc at your university/college. they'll probably be able to point you in the right direction and possibly will open up some networking opportunities for you. networking is an absolutely crucial thing to do in highly specialized lines of work. you can't simply get qualified and then sail in, usually. know the names and make sure they know yours. i would suggest doing all your networking face to face.

Not familiar with European hiring policies, but in the US companies have learned to look for new grads with project experience. If you can worm your way into a cubesat team / weather balloon/ sounding rocket, you'll be an outstanding candidate.

Thanks, I will definitely keep this in mind.

Optics is a free ticket into the space industry/ESA

How so?

Can anyone answer this? Is there a shortage of physicists who specialize in optics in the space industry?

Optics is one of the best fields of physics/engineering to be working in right now. Focusing on engineering or materials involved in optics development is one of the most valuable fields in the high tech sectors. Yes that includes satellites and shit.

What's the reason for Americans to wear so oversized clothes?

they are insecure, small men and need to appear bigger. they know europeans are superior in every way, especially within physics, so they do everything they can to hide it.

because it's comfortable
why do europeans wear tight pants tight shirts and tight speedos?

>tight speedos
you're thinking of italians and that's just because all italians are a bit gay.

and clothes that fit the body and don't look like tents are just more visually appealing.

Sapienza?

Nope, but that place looks nice as fuck.

Everything comes in fatass size, even small sizes

It really does seem like that. The American professorcore looks simply sad. It's equivalent to a woman just taking a tent and putting it around herself.

The complement of oversized isn't too small. There are clothes that fit well, too. Slimfit feels nice, though, especially during summer when you don't get extra air heating up around your legs.

Sadly, it looks like that often. The opposite is very small, they seem to have no middle ground.

But we will go to Mars in my lifetime. That's not so bad. And maybe we will start building ships to take us out of the solar system.